New Grower InkAddicts perpetual magical grow garden

Anyone use soil 3 in 1 meter
So I did some test on the meter today and if I put it in pH down water it goes to the 5 now if I use pH up water it goes past the 7 now if I use good pH water than it goes right before the 7 almost touching it, now if I put it in my pot it goes to where the perfect pH water is huh what do you think❓

Planted seeds....
Ok so I soaked the seeds for 16 hour and left in paper towels for 2 days. They all cracked and one had tail sticking out.so I decided to put them in there final resting place...... And turned my second light on and raised it due to being more intense than other light. Plus it doesn't have a dimmer....they will pop up in a few days..... If up think the light could be lowered let me know...
16469194042965948623208930648272.jpg

Ok so I here people contradict each other all the time. So what is it❓ let the pots dry out before watering or never let your pot dry out. Anyone know❓
You want to let them dry. But not so much that the soil becomes hydrophobic. Soil fresh out of the bag I would consider dry. It has some moisture to It but not wet. When you fully water the soil is soaked. You want to find the sweet spot between fresh out of the bag soil and soaked soil before you water. The best way is by feeling your pots weight. It will feel quite heavy fully soaked. And quite light when dry.

Ok so I here people contradict each other all the time. So what is it❓ let the pots dry out before watering or never let your pot dry out. Anyone know❓
Hey @Tattoochase until you narrow down your information sources your going to get a lot of contradicting info that being said

I folllow @Mañ'O'Green theory he says :
www.autoflower.net

Tutorial - A word on Nutrients
The proper use of “salt” based fertilizer to grow Auto Flowering Cannabis. Salts: Natural and man made any chemical compound formed from the reaction of an acid with a base, with all or part of the hydrogen of the acid replaced by a metal or other cation. Learning how to use salt based...
www.autoflower.net
www.autoflower.net

What you need to learn about watering will come with practice. Here are the basic rules: Never let the soil dry out. Soil and or coco can become hydrophobic if allowed to dry. This means it repels water. This in turn will create dry pockets in the soil and the roots and microbes will die there. If your soil - coco have accidentally dried out use a surfactant to help re-wet it. I like yucca powder. Don't let soil remain soggy by watering too much too often. Root rot, damping off, molds, fungus gnats and other problems start in soggy soil. When you do water water the entire pot. How to learn when to water starts before you plant the seed. Fill your container with fresh soil/coco and weigh it (heft it) this is the lightest weight and consider it a dry pot. Now slowly water until the soil/coco will no longer absorb the water and run-off begins; weigh the pot (heft it) this is the maximum water, the wettest the pot can get. The difference between wettest and driest is the maximum water weight, for ease of explanation lets just say the water weighs 20 pounds. When the pot loses 10 pounds (half of the water weight) it is time to water again. There is an art to watering

Potted new seeds today...
So I potted 3 gg#4 after 16 hour soaking and 2 days in paper towels. They all cracked and one had tale hanging out... I'll have 6 altogether.... I got the other light higher than the other. Or should I put that at 18 in too❓ or is it fine for seedlings it's a little lower then recommended seedling height... 32in recommended height is 39-42 in.
16469352880396516575693058860693.jpg

You want to let them dry. But not so much that the soil becomes hydrophobic. Soil fresh out of the bag I would consider dry. It has some moisture to It but not wet. When you fully water the soil is soaked. You want to find the sweet spot between fresh out of the bag soil and soaked soil before you water. The best way is by feeling your pots weight. It will feel quite heavy fully soaked. And quite light when dry.
So should I soak them then heft it let dry then water till half that weight❓

So should I soak them then heft it let dry then water till half that weight❓
No you should not soak pot IMO you should water very slowly. You do not want water running from pot. If it becomes hydroblic you should use a wetting agent. @Mañ'O'Green uses RAW yucca.

That being said I do not use a wetting agent I am still learning the proper watering practices

Last edited:
Wetting agents are great...but I just spend extra time using a hand sprayer then a turkey baster...hands on kinda guy..

No you should not soak pot IMO you should water very slowly. You do not want water running from pot. If it becomes hydroblic you should use a wetting agent. @Mañ'O'Green uses RAW yucca.

That being said I do not use a wetting agent I am still learning the proper watering practices
I've been using a sprayer and lightly watering around them.

Back