New Grower InkAddicts perpetual magical grow garden

Again i hate to :deadhorse: but I am new to this as well. I follow @Mañ'O'Green and he says :

Watering in a little ring is a problem from a couple of stand points. First a cannabis tap root can grow 9 inches in just 3 days. The laterals are not far behind. Roots will not grow into dry soil they simply stop. This can stunt the plant. Second is if you dry the soil out too much it can get hydrophobic and the microbes that feed the plant will die or go dormant. Both of these potential problems are not good.

It has already been mentioned above but I will repeat:

What you need to learn about watering will come with practice. Here are the basic rules: Never let the soil dry out. Soil and or coco can become hydrophobic if allowed to dry. This means it repels water. This in turn will create dry pockets in the soil and the roots and microbes will die there. If your soil - coco have accidentally dried out use a surfactant to help re-wet it. I like yucca powder. Don't let soil remain soggy by watering too much too often. Root rot, damping off, molds, fungus gnats and other problems start in soggy soil. When you do water water the entire pot. How to learn when to water starts before you plant the seed. Fill your container with fresh soil/coco and weigh it (heft it) this is the lightest weight and consider it a dry pot. Now slowly water until the soil/coco will no longer absorb the water and run-off begins; weigh the pot (heft it) this is the maximum water, the wettest the pot can get. The difference between wettest and driest is the maximum water weight, for ease of explanation lets just say the water weighs 20 pounds. When the pot loses 10 pounds (half of the water weight) it is time to water again. There is an art to watering.

That being said I honestly don't know all the details to YOUR grow so keep that in mind. I am sorry i wish i could help you but i don't not have time for another project "just grow some plants"
Sorry @Mañ'O'Green for tagging you so much but i am trying to handle this one for you.:d5::worship:

I've been using a sprayer and lightly watering around them.
That is what we want to avoid. A cannabis tap root can grow 9 inches in three days. The lateral feeder roots follow and spread out. Roots will not grow into dry soil. The important microbes die or go dormant in dry soil. You need to water the entire pot when it needs water. Then you wait until half of the water is gone and water the hole pot again. Remember you are watering the soil microbes not just the plant. A properly watered 5 gallon pot can have roots throughout in 3 weeks.

Wetting agents are great...but I just spend extra time using a hand sprayer then a turkey baster...hands on kinda guy..
Hey you think these lights are to close for seedlings. I only have a app with lux and at plant level is about mid 30,000. They are at 18 in. 100%
16469616213002582783079664894445.jpg

Hey you think these lights are to close for seedlings. I only have a app with lux and at plant level is about mid 30,000. They are at 18 in. 100%View attachment 1430092
I would move the lights up to 24" and watch the seedlings. If they start to get leggy lower the light.

Get some holes in those cups. You want to raise the humidity a bit not make a rain forest.

Ok, that's cheeky!

I think he meant poke some holes in the cups so there is a bit of airflow. You can also prop them up a bit at an angle to encourage a little air exchange. You just don't want to suffocate them. That's all.

Ok, that's cheeky!

I think he meant poke some holes in the cups so there is a bit of airflow. You can also prop them up a bit at an angle to encourage a little air exchange. You just don't want to suffocate them. That's all.
Thanks

I would move the lights up to 24" and watch the seedlings. If they start to get leggy lower the light.

Get some holes in those cups. You want to raise the humidity a bit not make a rain forest.
Hey could you look at these pics and tell me what you think. There is 2 little rust dots on tip of it leaf, really small... Or brown spots... I heard your the go-to guy...and thanks everyone for real you guys are awesome... Could be from to much light at 18 in.
IMG_20220310_213838792.jpg
IMG_20220310_213910148~2.jpg

Last edited:
Hey could you look at these pics and tell me what you think. There is 2 little rust dots on tip of it leaf, really small... Or brown spots... I heard your the go-to guy...and thanks everyone for real you guys are awesome... Could be from to much light at 18 in.View attachment 1430173View attachment 1430184
Relax she will be fine.

Ok, that's cheeky!

The real danger in a closed plastic cup is "Damping Off" the 100% RH with the high temperatures and lack of fresh air is the perfect environment for molds and fungus. They attack the stem and kill the plant.
2022-03-10_22-03-20.jpg

Back