New Grower InkAddicts perpetual magical grow garden

Its fucking starting again same shit... Little brown dots..... Leaves getting lighter..... I'm thinking about adding cal-mag and Epsom salt twice a week.... Instead of every water like I was..... What do you think.... I'm using 50/50 ro/tap now.... Idk what to do shits annoying soon as they start flowering this shit happens.....

I am sure its not relevant to your situation, but I have never used Cal-mag or Epsom salts in a grow, and never had this problem of brown spots and lightening of the leaves.

I don't see any of the leaf issues you previously had, looks like you've found your grow groove.

Did you ever figure out what the cause was?
Hey you think I can use my tap till I get this kelp4less cal-mag? It's ppm is 140? I'll use my fish stones to bubble it and add absoric acid for cloramenes? The pH will still be high but when I add mc, Sweet candy, and bud explosion it bring ph to about 6 or less....maybe this will help the cal-mag issues... Also I don't think ppm of 140 is that high... What do you think ...I think that cal-mag I got is not for cannabis.....it fuck shit up everytime I use it....

Congrats on the raffle win bro! Don’t remember which 1 it was but remember seeing your name as a winner! Maybe was them Dark Jedi beans I wanted! :eyebrows: :rofl:
Thanks that's them I'm going to use Twenty20 sts to get my own feminized seeds off them when I grow them.....

Last edited:
I am sure its not relevant to your situation, but I have never used Cal-mag or Epsom salts in a grow, and never had this problem of brown spots and lightening of the leaves.
This has been happening everytime in my sips soon as they hit flower.... I don't understand it.... What's the pH range for peat? @Jpkindbud you use mc and sips plus peat based soil.. I was thinking you said 6-6.3... thanks

This has been happening everytime in my sips soon as they hit flower.... I don't understand it.... What's the pH range for peat? @Jpkindbud you use mc and sips plus peat based soil.. I was thinking you said 6-6.3... thanks
Hey I don’t feel like scrolling so what calmag u using and how often? It doesn’t need to be used all that much and to be honest I wouldn’t put it into the reservoir part of a SIP container! I had nothing but problems trying to put nutrients into my earthbox reservoir! They don’t stay in suspension so they’ll fall to the bottom so plant will get minor dose til water drops and then get a huge potent dose all at once! Best bet is to fill reservoir WITH PLAIN WATER! Then mix up the nutes u wanna use and very slowly top water them in til u get some overflow from your drain hole and then stop! They’ll get their dose of food without polluting the reservoir! ;) :d5:

ANOTHER POSITIVE NOTE IS IT WILL HELP KEEP THE RESERVOIR FROM SMELLING LIKE DEEP FRIED POSSUM SHIT BEFORE THE GROWS OVER!:pighug:

Hey I don’t feel like scrolling so what calmag u using and how often? It doesn’t need to be used all that much and to be honest I wouldn’t put it into the reservoir part of a SIP container! I had nothing but problems trying to put nutrients into my earthbox reservoir! They don’t stay in suspension so they’ll fall to the bottom so plant will get minor dose til water drops and then get a huge potent dose all at once! Best bet is to fill reservoir WITH PLAIN WATER! Then mix up the nutes u wanna use and vary slowly top water them in til u get some overflow from your drain hole and then stop! They’ll get their dose of food without polluting the reservoir! ;) :d5:
I havnt been using cal-mag lately it's bonticare cal-mag... And I have been putting mc in the res cause it says you can and @Jpkindbud does it that way with no issues.... I'll try your way.... I just want to figure this out....

Hey I don’t feel like scrolling so what calmag u using and how often? It doesn’t need to be used all that much and to be honest I wouldn’t put it into the reservoir part of a SIP container! I had nothing but problems trying to put nutrients into my earthbox reservoir! They don’t stay in suspension so they’ll fall to the bottom so plant will get minor dose til water drops and then get a huge potent dose all at once! Best bet is to fill reservoir WITH PLAIN WATER! Then mix up the nutes u wanna use and very slowly top water them in til u get some overflow from your drain hole and then stop! They’ll get their dose of food without polluting the reservoir! ;) :d5:

ANOTHER POSITIVE NOTE IS IT WILL HELP KEEP THE RESERVOIR FROM SMELLING LIKE DEEP FRIED POSSUM SHIT BEFORE THE GROWS OVER!:pighug:
How often should I use cal-mag?

I’d think once every other week should be fine! If u see deficiency signs up it! A lot easier to up the dose then it is to get rid of it once you’ve used too much! And too much Ca can lockout Mg so it’s a delicate balance!

Also if u get it totally dissolved I’d assume MC should be fine in reservoir it’s liquid nutes that fall outta suspension! Also if u see crud buildup in reservoir after grow that looks like clumps of MC then u know it also falls outta suspension and all the particles fall to the bottom of the reservoir!:d5:

I’d think once every other week should be fine! If u see deficiency signs up it! A lot easier to up the dose then it is to get rid of it once you’ve used too much! And too much Ca can lockout Mg so it’s a delicate balance!

Also if u get it totally dissolved I’d assume MC should be fine in reservoir it’s liquid nutes that fall outta suspension! Also if u see crud buildup in reservoir after grow that looks like clumps of MC then u know it also falls outta suspension and all the particles fall to the bottom of the reservoir!:d5:
Never clumps in my res at the end. Only atan brown stain. Last good sip grow the res was packed full of roots. Like dwc...just don't want to feed them hard. Had algae in the res a few runs back. Roots didn't like that and plants did not reach potential. Newest sips are banging. They just hit flower and might tickle the lights by harvest time

Back