Hecno's on going organics

@calliandra for $15. dollars it can't hurt , From what I understand there is not much -P - in the tropical soils because of leaching , I have added the [P] microbes to help with the bat guano to be come more available , but in saying that I am building my own soils . I am limited to what I can get due to cost so all I am trying to do is on a low cost basic . As I delve deeper I get a better understanding , Now can you explain why it is a waste of time . :thumbsup::vibe:

@calliandra for $15. dollars it can't hurt , From what I understand there is not much -P - in the tropical soils because of leaching , I have added the [P] microbes to help with the bat guano to be come more available , but in saying that I am building my own soils . I am limited to what I can get due to cost so all I am trying to do is on a low cost basic . As I delve deeper I get a better understanding , Now can you explain why it is a waste of time . :thumbsup::vibe:
OK haha
provocative question: so in nature around you, all those lovely pix you've been posting, a widespread P deficiency is manifesting itself?
Nah, right?
P leaching! That can only become an issue when P is being added in soluble forms (think industrial agriculture), expensively mined elsewhere, processed, trucked and shipped.
In soils with intact biology, it's not even a thing.

And in soils with intact biology, you will inevitably have everyone on board to take care of all the many different tasks, with the right cooperation partners.
Soil health is a team thing.

...and megalomania is a people thing. LOL
Think about this: just recently, the estimate of species globally has risen to the trillions, their composition disctinctly shifting from plants and animals to microbes, which now are seen to probably make up over 90% of all species. It's just a feel they have based on the discoveries in the past few years, but the direction alone is speaking, never mind a few millions up or down lol
So of 90% of trillions, and we have the cheekiness to assert that we know which SINGLE species are going to guarantee what functions in our soils?!
That we know what cooperators must be in place for them to actually perform that function?
We actually believe nature has no redundancies in place, local variations climatically adapted?
Nah.
In truth, bacillus subtilis is just one that is easy to propagate in the lab. it's relatively large and easy to identify. And it's omnipresent in the wild too, in fact, one of the species to be known to be present in soils all around the globe.
But we go and find this one bacterium, discover what its main function seems to be, get all excited at our ingeniousness, and start pouring it all over our soils in glee lol

We really don't know much, but we DO know that it's a LOT more about how the whole ecosystem works together than about specific single species, and even more so when it comes to bacteria. So if it's about bang for bucks - a scoopful of that lovely wild turkey compost added to a wormbin is bound to bring more of it -- actually, bang without bucks haha

Following this line of thought, the only situations I can go along with single-species approaches is when we're talking of toxin remediation. because it's an extraordinary event, not something meant to work systemically in the long term...

Anyway, if you're really really worried about your P supply, you're bound to have more of inoculating your seedlings with endomycorrhizal spores - again, a mix of species being preferred over just one kind. If there is really a problem, your plants will grow themselves a mycorrhizal network to help them out :)

At least, that's the understanding I have of it at the mo, and why I say you don't need that stuff :cheers:
Just my humble 2c though, always! :thumbsup:
Cheers!

@calliandra Thank you , you have just added to my understanding . Much Respect . :thumbsup:
DSC_0114.JPG
. now look at this , I was trying to tell my daughters boy friend how to deal with snakes , and bugger me as I went to grab it he pulled it by the tail . end result .
DSC_0115.JPG

Bloody fucking hell mate.WTF.I hate snakes.We have the western diamond back around here.Even the little one can kill you.No need to kill him for a little misunderstanding.LOLGood freaky fri.to you bro.That Zama cross is stellar.Peace please

Ha, guess that one must not be deadly poisonous :yoinks:
Lol, I'd die anyway :haha:
Good discussion going on here these days brother love to see the natural soil work.

well indeed if you have seen a depletion of P,and that explanation almost explains itself. not sure about where your at on Aussie Island. but here in the states from big agriculture,they ripped the land and life apart in many regions and depleted the type of life to shrive in the whole team players thing. its coming back well,but not everywhere. if if the region has been depleted from region big farming,that has an impact. and here in the states pretty much across the board you have to look and see (IF at all) you can add P to the soil since there is many times the supposed normal amounts.so its limited and injured soil(s) in many regions across the globe. so it can be a thing even in what seems like solid regions. you usually have to tend it ,and add things and build it up. which will solve the issue if the region(s) havent been too messed.

Just saying,its a possibilty. thats all.

thats a nasty hand ya got there dude.LOL his name Willie?! Willie Bite?!LOL

Back