Hecno's on going organics

@calliandra I don't use food scraps as I am trying to reproduce there local environment to a degree . As for bins I always have at least 1 ageing and one to 2 starting This year I am aiming for 4 . Towards the end of the wet season is the best time for me to gather them from the wild . The soil is saturated so the are just under leaf litter ect . I do start with soil in the bins and add to that . I think the bins would have a more balanced microbe and fungi herd in the soil by using what is around me . Because of the rain forest around me I take notice of the forest floor and how it sustains forest life , more so what the worms are eating . The soil in the forest is very poor and rocky , not lush soil as a lot of people think . So how do the trees get so big . -- Worms --Microbes -- Fungi -- This is what I am trying to reproduce . This is my reason for not using food scraps . ---- I do not have any proof of what I am doing is any better than using food scraps . But I can't argue with what I see around me .

@calliandra I don't use food scraps as I am trying to reproduce there local environment to a degree . As for bins I always have at least 1 ageing and one to 2 starting This year I am aiming for 4 . Towards the end of the wet season is the best time for me to gather them from the wild . The soil is saturated so the are just under leaf litter ect . I do start with soil in the bins and add to that . I think the bins would have a more balanced microbe and fungi herd in the soil by using what is around me . Because of the rain forest around me I take notice of the forest floor and how it sustains forest life , more so what the worms are eating . The soil in the forest is very poor and rocky , not lush soil as a lot of people think . So how do the trees get so big . -- Worms --Microbes -- Fungi -- This is what I am trying to reproduce . This is my reason for not using food scraps . ---- I do not have any proof of what I am doing is any better than using food scraps . But I can't argue with what I see around me .
Crazy question but do you have comfrey available? If not you may want to get a root cutting. Worms love comfrey and it is a natural fertilizer. I put 8 comfrey plants in a few years ago and I feed them to livestock, chickens and plants. It produces like crazy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Oh yeah, it totally makes sense in your situation, with all that vitality around you, why ruin it with further inputs ;)
I live in a town, and in a landscape dominated by human activity, where it's been really hard to find spots of nature intact enough to be usable as sources for inoculants, let alone direct material input for composts and such. My best bet may be that organic apple and those carrot peels, though I do often find myself questioning the actual nutrient and microbial content even of "organic" stuff, even certified it just means "without synthetic fertilizers".
Just from your pix, I am pretty sure that doesn't even come close to what you can choose from! :greenthumb:
Cheers!

Some people have a guard dog , I have a guard snake , :cooldance: Outside my grow room by the door . :thumbsup:
DSC_0094.JPG

Well, I sure hope you never invite me over for dinner or a beer, I will have to come up with a good excuse! :shrug:

He looks to have some good length too.
What have you named it?:biggrin:

Back