New Grower Head First... Learn quicker than the auto grows journal!

Great tools! Love that vpd chart too, it looks easier than the one I’ve been using.

Watch out for the photo, I didn’t realize it wasn’t feminized. If it’s a male it’ll pollinate your ladies. You don’t want that. Keep a close eye on that one. If you switched to 12/12 your autos would definitely suffer. And when you switched back to 18/6, the photo would reveg. If it were mine I’d kill it or gift it to a friend also growing hydro.

What kind of auto is your seedling? Why don’t you top it at the 4th node, I think you’ll be pleased with the results.

Great video! Mad skills!

Great tools! Love that vpd chart too, it looks easier than the one I’ve been using.

Watch out for the photo, I didn’t realize it wasn’t feminized. If it’s a male it’ll pollinate your ladies. You don’t want that. Keep a close eye on that one. If you switched to 12/12 your autos would definitely suffer. And when you switched back to 18/6, the photo would reveg. If it were mine I’d kill it or gift it to a friend also growing hydro.

What kind of auto is your seedling? Why don’t you top it at the 4th node, I think you’ll be pleased with the results.

Great video! Mad skills!
Ha Ha! Thank you for your great and quick feed back as always. I am going to take your advice to heart and I think we are going to keep the lights at 18/6 and let the blue dream finish. 5 more weeks! Hopefully. I dont have anyone to gift too. But we will keep alive as a back up plan if the autos dont make it for some odd reason. Once we know they are good we will just pull it and replace with a new seedling. The small one isn't an auto either. He was a bonus seed used for germination testing. Honestly if I had known it was going to work out this well I would of planted all 5 of the auto seeds when we got them. But better safe than sorry I guess. We are all ready looking at our next batch. Thinking of maybe a mixture of autos from Royal Queen Seeds.

Ok, I dunno why I was mentioned?
Well.. because your awesome that's why! :bighug:lol.

But, because you took the time to respond to our call for help on our infirmary thread. I also read threw your first grow! Very Pretty results. I hope that we can pull something like that.

Well.. because your awesome that's why! :bighug:lol.

But, because you took the time to respond to our call for help on our infirmary thread. I also read threw your first grow! Very Pretty results. I hope that we can pull something like that.
Sorry brother, I didn’t realise I’d commented. I’ve had tons of issues, sometimes they’re obvious and other times not so much. Learning a lot here, lots of useful people and info so your never really stuck.......
Grow is looking great!

OMG! so Beautiful. It is very much an addiction. I am super excited to get this first grow out the way and learn as much as possible from it. Our next grow we are going to try to go for a SoG with 9 plants across the 3x3 table. We want to fill our space out like yours :).

I looked into the cal-mag and we might invest in some if we start to see some of those signs. I was hoping that since we are using tap water it would balance out but I guess we will wait and see. I'm hoping the 2nd grow wont be as painful since we will hopefully have fruits from our first harvest to hold us over while we wait.
Nice set up bro , talk about diving in the deep end
Sorry brother, I didn’t realise I’d commented. I’ve had tons of issues, sometimes they’re obvious and other times not so much. Learning a lot here, lots of useful people and info so your never really stuck.......
Grow is looking great!
OMG! so Beautiful. It is very much an addiction. I am super excited to get this first grow out the way and learn as much as possible from it. Our next grow we are going to try to go for a SoG with 9 plants across the 3x3 table. We want to fill our space out like yours :).

I looked into the cal-mag and we might invest in some if we start to see some of those signs. I was hoping that since we are using tap water it would balance out but I guess we will wait and see. I'm hoping the 2nd grow wont be as painful since we will hopefully have fruits from our first harvest to hold us over while we wait.
nice set up ! I grow mostly organic, for personal meds for me & a few friends but hydro seems to complicated & pricey for my lazy cheep ass ! I thought about going hydro but After spending a grand on cobs & HLG quantum boards I decided to keep it simple KISS. I use store bought spring water with a good mineral count with roots organic soil + megacrop for a base nute & roots organic HPK bloom boost for flower & get 3-6 oz a plant depending on strains. So I commend you on jumping in the deep end on your first grow ! I’d love to try hydro when my kids grow up & i have more time & space . A SOG would be great for that set up , check out Mephisto genetics 24 carrot, sour crack & a few others my stoned ass can’t remember lol! They are compact & indica dominate & finish fast. Good luck & have fun !

Last edited:
Nice set up bro , talk about diving in the deep end

nice set up ! I grow mostly organic, for personal meds for me & a few friends but hydro seems to complicated & pricey for my lazy cheep ass ! I thought about going hydro but After spending a grand on cobs & HLG quantum boards I decided to keep it simple KISS. I use store bought spring water with a good mineral count with roots organic soil + megacrop for a base nute & roots organic HPK bloom boost for flower & get 3-6 oz a plant depending on strains. So I commend you on jumping in the deep end on your first grow ! I’d love to try hydro when my kids grow up & i have more time & space . A SOG would be great for that set up , check out Mephisto genetics 24 carrot, sour crack & a few others my stoned ass can’t remember lol! They are compact & indica dominate & finish fast. Good luck & have fun !

Yea a $1000 on lights will deter you real quick from spending anything more. lol I got a really great deal on my HLG and setup in general. They were just knocking like 30-50% off items, and I'm like throw em in!

I have heard Megacrop a few times. Must be reliable.

Speaking of kids, I have to get mine to school soon. So got to run! Ill check out those strains you mentioned though. Peace!

You might want to rethink the 9 plant SOG option. You’re growing hydro, wait til you see how big the ladies can get. Even 4 will be cramped!

Last edited:
You might want to rethink the 9 plant SOG option. Your growing hydro, wait til you see how big the ladies can get. Even 4 will be cramped!
So True. Wait until this weekend update. Shit is crazy. We just flushed and switched to flowering nutrients tonight. Ill Work on update for Sunday. We are running out of room fast. We are going to run 5 now at most..... maybe 4 lol. :drool::chef:

Back