New Grower Head First... Learn quicker than the auto grows journal!

Ah gotcha! I thought you had it sitting there in the cupboard :LOLStoned:
Yeah it's pretty pricey but I've always used a flower booster so can't compare without, yeah I use the PK booster but Canna only say to use it once and only 1.5ml per litre so just buy a 250ml bottle as it will last ages, I got a 1 litre and I'm going to have it for the next couple years but I only grow 2 plants at a time :crying:
We only have 2 at the moment and we only plan to expand to three when we reconfigure everything. 3 autos running year round will be more than we could ever use. :smokeout:

Well i have came to the conclusion that we are very good tree growers but we suck at growing pot lol. I thank everyone for staying along for the show so far. Since my last post of horticulture abuse these things have regrown again and once more filled out the canopy. I havnt got any shots of the top... Ill work on one. But that's all they growing at this time is leafs. Every time i get excited with what I think is a bud site with hairs, it turns out to be more leafs. We have Im guessing about 3 weeks until the new seeds come in. Quite honestly if these things are not showing something in that time Ill prolly pull them. Really sucks when I see people sitting at the same amount of time with monster buds ready for harvest. What do you all think based on the pictures?

Attachments

• 20190111_184700_Film2.jpg
    20190111_184700_Film2.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 52
  • 20190109_205953_Film2.jpg
    20190109_205953_Film2.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 20190109_205921_Film2.jpg
    20190109_205921_Film2.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 20190109_205823_Film2.jpg
    20190109_205823_Film2.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 55
  • 20190109_205703_Film2.jpg
    20190109_205703_Film2.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 48
Hey CD420, the plants look healthy and happy. How old are they? If less than 50, no need to be concerned. If greater, you may want to consider some flower triggers like changing the light schedule, or puttting them in all dark for 24 hours. I have seen those work. My guess is the plants not 40 days, and will Auto just fine.

Hi CD — just getting caught up on your ladies. Irie is leaning towards waiting this out and I’ve learned from experience, he’s usually right. GG and the NLs flowered on their own between days 50 and 70 -ish. From eyeballing your pics, I think your ladies are flowering. Keep the defoliation under control and give things another 2 weeks to show themselves.

GG has truly been my guinea pig. I made all my mistakes on her, the NLs being 30 days behind have benefitted from the lessons she taught me. Everything that happens from here on in for your ladies is building experience, these girls aren’t done teaching you.

When I see 60 and 70 day harvests I look to see if I think they are being harvested a bit early maybe. I also look at the breeder and strain. I’ll be running plants from big breeders next because they seem to harvest “about” when they say they will.

My advice is to wait this out, but you know how old my girls are! The first grow never goes like you think it will.

Hey CD420, the plants look healthy and happy. How old are they? If less than 50, no need to be concerned. If greater, you may want to consider some flower triggers like changing the light schedule, or puttting them in all dark for 24 hours. I have seen those work. My guess is the plants not 40 days, and will Auto just fine.
Good morning! Sorry Irie I feel asleep last night after posting, but yea the ladies are sitting at 56 days today. Last week I also added a product from Fox Farm "Open Sesame" which I was told would open them up. They definitely blew up and recovered nicely from the abuse but not much flowering. I was thinking about changing the light but wasnt sure If I should switch it to a 12/12 or turn it up to 24hours light . I've read both online. So your thinking a 24 hour dark period might kick them into gear.

Good morning! Sorry Irie I feel asleep last night after posting, but yea the ladies are sitting at 56 days today. Last week I also added a product from Fox Farm "Open Sesame" which I was told would open them up. They definitely blew up and recovered nicely from the abuse but not much flowering. I was thinking about changing the light but wasnt sure If I should switch it to a 12/12 or turn it up to 24hours light . I've read both online. So your thinking a 24 hour dark period might kick them into gear.

Yes, I would try the 24 hours of darkness first, because it is temporary. Then if that didn't work. I would switch to 12/12 to trigger. If you have to do that, you will have a tough decision of whether to change the light schedule back after flowering starts. But, yeah, I would do darkness first. It can't hurt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Hi CD — just getting caught up on your ladies. Irie is leaning towards waiting this out and I’ve learned from experience, he’s usually right. GG and the NLs flowered on their own between days 50 and 70 -ish. From eyeballing your pics, I think your ladies are flowering. Keep the defoliation under control and give things another 2 weeks to show themselves.

GG has truly been my guinea pig. I made all my mistakes on her, the NLs being 30 days behind have benefitted from the lessons she taught me. Everything that happens from here on in for your ladies is building experience, these girls aren’t done teaching you.

When I see 60 and 70 day harvests I look to see if I think they are being harvested a bit early maybe. I also look at the breeder and strain. I’ll be running plants from big breeders next because they seem to harvest “about” when they say they will.

My advice is to wait this out, but you know how old my girls are! The first grow never goes like you think it will.
Yea, I think you are right. For now Ill see what they do. I dont think Ill cut anything more on them though. I was reading that when you cut fan leafs off during flowering the plants release an acid that can slow or even halt flowering and I feel like this may have something to do with them since I didnt cut any leaves until about week 5. Im going to just try to tuck leaves. Ive read alot on both sides of the argument and I just concluded that once flowering starts its best to avoid pruning/defoliating. Im going to try both methods and see which works best for me I guess. Thank you for the optimism ! I think they need it as much as me lol.

Aaaw, thanks DG! Yeah, I would do the darkness period since it shouldn't hurt and can get things going faster. If it doesn't work, I may the. Wait or week or two before trying the light switch. I would be cautious with the schedule change because I don't know if I could switch back after flowering, fearing that it was a photo auto! I kept my GG on 12/12 after day 60. Before your grow, I would do that again at day 60. After watching your grow, I would wait until after day 65 to do that step.

Yes, I would try the 24 hours of darkness first, because it is temporary. Then if that didn't work. I would switch to 12/12 to trigger. If you have to do that, you will have a tough decision of whether to change the light schedule back after flowering starts. But, yeah, I would do darkness first. It can't hurt.

Lights are off Bro! Lets see how this goes !!! After the lights come back on Ill flush tank and give them a fresh batch of nutes as well. *Fingers Crossed*

Back