New Grower Head First... Learn quicker than the auto grows journal!

If that were my tent, I would also clip those fan leaves on the tall plant that are growing over the shorter plant. I had that situation during my first grow, and ended up having to buy a cob to hang lower and dorectly above the smaller plant a small the larger plant was still shadowing her from the overhead light. I would also try to train the branches away from the middle of the tray to give the smaller plants as much light and room as possible. They can be monster bud producers if they don't get overshadowed! Pardon the pun!
Yea ignore that little guy. He is a photo from a bag of green when we first started. We are just worried his roots are mixed with the others so we haven't pulled him lol. I guess I have to read more on super cropping. I thought I was going to have these thing ready to harvest by the end of the month. Sounds like that might not be the case.

Haha shit mate you better get her tied down. Still gotta double in size! I’m not even kiddin. An easy foot of growth still to come. Could supercrop as Iree pointed out but I’ve dabbled in it and it’s not as simple as it sounds. Easier and more reliable to just tie the tops down from my experiments. She’ll go crazy bushy a few days later though so prepare yourself. Might have to give a good hard defol.
Wasn’t me with the kelp I’m afraid. I’m strictly chemical nutes so to speak.
Big fan of defol though. Key is not to take both leaves off any node that you want to see grow. Cos it won’t lol.
Start from the middle and focus on the leaves that are blocking light. If removing them isnt going to benefit something you want to see grow lower down then don’t touch. No point removing leaves from the outside of the plant iether.
Little and often is better than lots at once. Some strains really don’t like it so gotta break em in gently till your sure. Any more than 30% defol and your entering the danger zone. Can fuck em right up if you take too much off and trust me it’s heartbreaking lol.
Oh okay. My mistake. Was just curious because I read that organics arnt the best with hydro but someone swore by kelp.

And to tie her down? Like the main cola and than all the side branches? lol Thats alot. If you saw previously we had almost uprooted them and I basically have them tied up to hold straight. That might be logistic nightmare. :yoinks:

Good news is we have a plan to make some changes after this grow. Going to switch up to a 2x5 table with 3 large smart pots. Placing the table straight on the ground with a 2nd pump on a relay or timer (haven't decided yet) to properly drain the table. Should give us a lot more space in the tent on either side for moving around and training and about an extra foot vertically. Will also prevent the roots from getting pulled out a drain.

Yea ignore that little guy. He is a photo from a bag of green when we first started. We are just worried his roots are mixed with the others so we haven't pulled him lol. I guess I have to read more on super cropping. I thought I was going to have these thing ready to harvest by the end of the month. Sounds like that might not be the case.

Sorry, man, that won't happen. On the bright side, you will get a much larger yield than you otherwise would have though, if you can get her successfully through the flowering stage. But, yeah, you are looking at at least six weeks AFTER she begins to flower, I am afraid.

Logistical nightmare sounds about right mate. Not many other options lol. They could end up growing a couple inch per day once you hit the stretch so you’ll need to do something before that happens. I’ve had a fair few pop on day 49, they can’t go much longer like. Once those pistols start firing up she’s gonna explode with vertical growth from every angle.
I’ve heard there are actually organic hydro nutes these days but can’t say I looked into it. I wouldn’t put anything organic in my res though. Just opens up too many possible complications to an otherwise fairly fool proof system.

Logistical nightmare sounds about right mate. Not many other options lol. They could end up growing a couple inch per day once you hit the stretch so you’ll need to do something before that happens. I’ve had a fair few pop on day 49, they can’t go much longer like. Once those pistols start firing up she’s gonna explode with vertical growth from every angle.
I’ve heard there are actually organic hydro nutes these days but can’t say I looked into it. I wouldn’t put anything organic in my res though. Just opens up too many possible complications to an otherwise fairly fool proof system.
Do you mean you think her stems will keep growing or just the buds themselves?

The whole plant mate. Goes into overdrive for a week or 2 between veg and flowering then stops and just starts building buds.

I agree with Scotty, the first couple weeks of flowering usually means explosive growth, where plants can more than double in height. On the bright side, I have seen in some cases, where plants have had a long veg where they already grow super tall, the flowering stretch is limited by comparison.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The whole plant mate. Goes into overdrive for a week or 2 between veg and flowering then stops and just starts building buds.

Well Ive done it. I went after reading a bunch of articles and forums and revisiting the ladies and seeing only about 40% light coverage I decided to tackle them. I told you it would be a logistical nightmare but I someone how managed through it. I only accidentally supercroped 2 stems. 1 of which was a main stock :yoinks:. I about had a panic attack when I heard it snap. But I taped her up like one that i had accidentally broke about 2 weeks ago and I am hoping she recovers. After some of the stuff Ive seen on the forums here I suspect she will be okay.

If they are going to grow like you think they might I should be able to manage them much better now and keep them spread out or pulled in to keep that canopy even and away from the lights.

So here is what I have. A few pics to show the tangled mess of string and ties, a view of the newly formed canopy and I believe a shot of the break.

Mayham complete.jpg
Strings everywhere.jpg
Tangled mess.jpg
Supercropped.jpg
Mayham complete.jpg

Attachments

• LST.jpg
    LST.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 21
  • New Canopy.jpg
    New Canopy.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 25