New Grower Head First... Learn quicker than the auto grows journal!

Good evening and Happy New Years!

So what I learnt about Marijuana horticulture this year.......
  • Hydroponics can be expensive. :nono:

• When it comes to nutrient solutions ..keep it simple. :stir:
  • Your plants will grow much larger than you think!!!! :growing:
  • As per the previous point, don't be scared to prune and/or top .:tang:
  • Marijuana plants are tough and sometimes even enjoy a bit of abuse... :naughtystep: ( Those naughty plants)
  • If your humble and know where to look and ask (AFN Forums) you will find a lot of great people from stoners to hobbyist willing to offer advice and guidance. :thanks:
On wards we grow into 2019. !!! I decided to take this new years eve to prune and clean up our grow space. As I couldn't help but to feel like our ladies had stalled on progress. despite all conditions being rather ideal. I concluded they were putting all their effort into maintaining and growing these giant mutant 13 branch fan leaves.View attachment 994167 rather than into colas. So I started slicing and dicing View attachment 994168 View attachment 994169

We ended up with 2 lovely looking ladies I think.... Or maybe I gave them bowel cuts lol.
View attachment 994170 View attachment 994171 View attachment 994172

I feel good either way about them. I also wanted to share from the changes in the tent and damages done.
This is where we hurt our poor baby and patched her up. She seems to be holding View attachment 994174

And last but not least we removed these containersView attachment 994175 from underneath and replaced them with View attachment 994176 these bricks.

Thats it for my end of the year update. C-ya next year!!
Nice! Well done! Show them bitches who’s the boss! Great job on the repair, really great job all around. :thumbsup:

Here’s some Rep for your hard work — nice going!
:slap:

Happy New Year!

Hi all. Here is some pics to keep you'll maybe interested lol. But I wanted to ask about ppm/PH meters since my ppm meter just bit shit. I was curious to what you all use. Tagging @EvilScotsman since he is our local Hydro expert. But I kind of want multiple opinions on it so I can make a good choice as some of these devices are several hundred dollars. Also I am out of room again. Forced to move my light to the far front of my tent, next it will be to the side. Best believe next grow we will be topping at 4th node and applying LST through out. At this point Im yelling at them to stop growing and produce buds lol.
20190102_201917_Film3.jpg
20190102_201925_Film3.jpg

I use the blue lab growers toolkit. Are you thinking about defoliating? If you’re interested, you can still supercrop for height control. Congratulations — she’s a monster!

I use the blue lab growers toolkit. Are you thinking about defoliating? If you’re interested, you can still supercrop for height control. Congratulations — she’s a monster!
Thank you! I hope she produces some monster buds for us!!
Like this one?
https://www.horticulturesource.com/...smVcBqYoNBOH2peBoeoGjmqJrBy9psLQaAuVDEALw_wcB

I do prune a little more each day. I normally take out a few of the fan leaves and anything smaller that's sprouting up. The underneath is virtually bare now. And I am scare to death of super cropping..even to the young ones it seems like its unnecessary cruelty lol. Maybe one day Ill give it go when the jars are full and i can afford to lose a plant or 2 :smokeit:

Thank you! I hope she produces some monster buds for us!!
Like this one?
https://www.horticulturesource.com/...smVcBqYoNBOH2peBoeoGjmqJrBy9psLQaAuVDEALw_wcB

I do prune a little more each day. I normally take out a few of the fan leaves and anything smaller that's sprouting up. The underneath is virtually bare now. And I am scare to death of super cropping..even to the young ones it seems like its unnecessary cruelty lol. Maybe one day Ill give it go when the jars are full and i can afford to lose a plant or 2 :smokeit:
Yep, that’s the kit. I get it on the supercropping, I thought of it because it’s a good way to control height at this stage. You could always try it on a single branch.

I actually got lucky mate and my shitty £10 ppm meter from amazon is still spot on after 2years. Blue lab is the most highly recommended. She lookin wicked tho bud

Yep, that’s the kit. I get it on the supercropping, I thought of it because it’s a good way to control height at this stage. You could always try it on a single branch.
I do have that photo i can abuse to hell and back. I did bend his stem over but it didnt break. Maybe Ill try it out. Thanks as always for your help DG.

I actually got lucky mate and my shitty £10 ppm meter from amazon is still spot on after 2years. Blue lab is the most highly recommended. She lookin wicked tho bud
Thank you Scotsman. I hope we can keep up with them and they yeild us something yummy. I unfortunatly did not get as lucky with my cheapo. Guess Ill try the blue lab products out. Thats a lot of $ for a meter but if its quality that last. Id say its worth it!

Try essentials
Thank you Scotsman. I hope we can keep up with them and they yeild us something yummy. I unfortunatly did not get as lucky with my cheapo. Guess Ill try the blue lab products out. Thats a lot of $ for a meter but if its quality that last. Id say its worth it!
try Essentials aswell mate. I’ve got their ph meter. Works a treat after a year and was only £50, water resistant too which is always a bonus. I’ve seen the price of the blulabs and couldn’t justify it. Way too stingy for that lol

Back