Indoor Happy noob's first grow. Come and join me!

A quick little update for those interested. This is what the two ladies look like at the moment.
IMG_9529.JPG

Quite some differences, even though they are both [HASHTAG]#gsc[/HASHTAG] by [HASHTAG]#fastbuds[/HASHTAG]. Weirdly enough the one that fell over as a seedling is the faster one (flowering fase, that is...) and has the bigger main cola. Because I need the growspace for drying, I will be harvesting tomorrow evening. I would have liked the left one to go a bit longer, but, hey, this was the test run. With all I've learned from these ladies and from you guys on here I am hoping to do a bit better next run. Although, that strain is said to be a more difficult one: [HASHTAG]#ULH[/HASHTAG] by [HASHTAG]#autoseeds[/HASHTAG]

Last edited:
So yesterday evening I harvested both ladies. What a difference it makes to see the buds off the plants and trimmed. It seems a whole lot more than I thought it was!
I decided to wet trim. Mainly because it is supposed to be easier and since it's my first ever grow and trim, I felt like going for the easy way this time. Next time I'll try the dry trim. Got to keep learning and experiencing for myself what's best for me.

Here's the pictures:
IMG_9540.JPG
IMG_9541.JPG
IMG_9543.JPG
IMG_9545.JPG
IMG_9551.JPG
IMG_9553.JPG
IMG_9554.JPG

I weighed about what I guess was a quarter of the trimmed branches. That was 90grams...Then I stopped weighing because of too high expectations I might get.:drool:
I guess I got a bit of paranoia going on from my smoke. :crying:

I didn't expect this amount of buds, really. As a noob, I had no idea...so I had to improvise the way of hanging them to dry. I used some tying rope attached to the lamp.

Because of the different phenotypes of this [HASHTAG]#fastbuds girl scout cookies[/HASHTAG] I happened to have, I kept the crops separated. I know which is which.
Yes, I wrote it down. :baked:
IMG_9550.JPG

They're now hanging in my growspace. That gives me time to order some extra stuff for my next grow, which will start as soon as these babies are into their jars and I've cleaned the space.

So there you have it! Another milestone, harvesting, has been reached on this journey. On to the next three: proper drying, curing and smoking.

Stay happy!

Awesome job on your first grow man. Looks tasty.
:greenthumb:

hey man great job with the first grow you sure its your first haha:crying:
keep it up whatever your doing a small bit of advice if you find something that works dont change it when i started photos a few years back i done one grow successful and then tried to get fancy with dwc and areoponics and after all that messing im back in soil and keeping it simple just my advise from one auto noob to another :slap:

keep it up whatever your doing a small bit of advice if you find something that works dont change it when i started photos a few years back i done one grow successful and then tried to get fancy with dwc and areoponics and after all that messing im back in soil and keeping it simple just my advise from one auto noob to another :slap:
True story, great advice

That's sound advice. I will keep growing in soil. I will be LST'ing earlier and more, though, and will use an airpot next time. Other than that, probably not much else.

Hey everyone! it's been two weeks since harvest. The branches finally made a snapping sound. So I have just been taking the buds off the branches of the first plant :frog:
Party time! Just the one plant has a dry weight of 48 grams! Now, I have to add that I didn't trim the buds as you might for bag appeal. I mostly vape, so I don't mind the small sugar leaves. Pics (and dry weight of the other plant - which will be a bit less) will follow in the next post. I'm just so happy! I wanted to share.

Great job, the bud looks great I know that you said you needed the space for drying, have you though about drying in paper bags, then you will be on your way to your next crop quickly. Like you I only grow for personal use but between quitting smoking cigs and growing my own bud I'm saving $800 a month and that numbers not exaggerated. I use a 3'x3' space and I grow enough to smoke 15 grams a week for me and 15 for my wife until my next crop is ready. (Even though I'm almost done with my first grow, this is the theory)
Looking forward to your next grow

I cannot believe this is your first grow. That is UNREAL bro. You have a certain skill set No one will be TAKEN those skills away. All jabbering aside you are blowing my mind for a first time.

Back