Indoor Growing Scrog

Yeah Bro… BT has to be sprayed before you have a problem or it’s too late when you actually see them on your plants. I did my best with precautionary applications once a week when my outdoor autos first started to go into flower but still had a problem with caterpillars. Maybe I didn’t mix up the concentrated solution strong enough. I also had a big problem with aphids last couple seasons but they don’t seem to devastate a plant like caterpillars do and if they got real bad I just tipped my scrog carts on their sides and sprayed the plants down with a hose. One good things about growing outdoors. lol :rolleyes1:

If you’re just getting into autos and want bigger plants hydro is the way to go. The constant fertigation will give you that vigorous growth you want and will also extend your veg/preflower to give you more time to work the plant. All you need to get started is a grow bag filled with coco/perlite, a decent N-P-K, a good PH and EC pen and some PH up and down. I’ve grown many big autos fertigating by hand with the basic water to run off method. You really don’t need any fancy equipment to run hydro but if you have an extra $30 to spare you could make a simple DIY system that fertigates automatically.
If bt is mixed correctly the bugs will take one bite and stop eating and die, I’ve definitely stopped an infestation after the fact with bt and diligent hand removal but i was probably lucky,i also applied it more often then recommend and might have burned the plants slightly but every bug on the plant was dead within three days. dont know what it is (probably the terps) but i always see moths and butterflies damcing around the canna girls, ignoring the plumerias and apricot blossoms and avocado blossoms and bananas. As cute as it is, thats when the problems start. Im hoping since summer is over and its supposed to be a cooler autumn, ghat i wont have as many critters to deal with. I also sprayed nematodes everywhere out back this year so hopefully they did some to kill the pest numbers,

Regarding "it's supposed to be a cooler autumn, ghat i wont have as many critters to deal with," I presume moisture has more or a lot to do with the amount of bugs. For ex., if in parts of US that that just got lots of rain from several hurricanes there will likely be more bugs in coming weeks.

If bt is mixed correctly the bugs will take one bite and stop eating and die, I’ve definitely stopped an infestation after the fact with bt and diligent hand removal but i was probably lucky,i also applied it more often then recommend and might have burned the plants slightly but every bug on the plant was dead within three days. dont know what it is (probably the terps) but i always see moths and butterflies damcing around the canna girls, ignoring the plumerias and apricot blossoms and avocado blossoms and bananas. As cute as it is, thats when the problems start. Im hoping since summer is over and its supposed to be a cooler autumn, ghat i wont have as many critters to deal with. I also sprayed nematodes everywhere out back this year so hopefully they did some to kill the pest numbers,
Makes sense… that’s what the stuff is suppose to do. I’m just about positive my solution wasn’t strong enough but know better for next season. Those damn white moths!!! :nono:

Regarding "it's supposed to be a cooler autumn, ghat i wont have as many critters to deal with," I presume moisture has more or a lot to do with the amount of bugs. For ex., if in parts of US that that just got lots of rain from several hurricanes there will likely be more bugs in coming weeks.
Good that people are wrapping up their outdoor grows soon if they haven’t already.

If I were to try a rockwool grow in a 6" cube, how often would it need to be hand watewred?

Would stacking 2 cubes mean less often watering?

If I were to try a rockwool grow in a 6" cube, how often would it need to be hand watewred?

Would stacking 2 cubes mean less often watering?
2 feedings per day would be fine but more the better as the plant gets bigger and has a established root system.
Good to stack the blocks to buy you a little more veg and preflower time.

Dutch Passion Auto Creepers almost done
D110
IMG_7913.jpeg
IMG_7917.jpeg
IMG_7918.jpeg
IMG_7919.jpeg
IMG_7920.jpeg

Harvested my other DP Auto Critical Orange Punch a couple days ago on day 122 (10/10/24)
1728776959117.jpeg
1728776986066.jpeg

1728777067618.jpeg

1728777103504.jpeg

1728777194806.jpeg
1728777280401.jpeg
1728777431099.jpeg
1728777473843.jpeg

1728777629509.jpeg

1728780766969.jpeg

Last edited:
That makes alot of sense. We havent dealt with many rains this year, but i will meep that in mind. Makes sense, more rain, more plants, more fod, more bugs.

.....Good that people are wrapping up their outdoor grows soon if they haven’t already.
But I presume many or most outdoor growers in multiple Southern states (FL particularly, also GA, NC, etc. with longer growing seasons) with 2 hurricanes having passed through in 2 weeks have had their crops destroyed, if not by the storms then by mold.

Last edited:
Your outside overhead photo looks like you took it flying in a plane over a forest. Very impressive. :d5:

Back