Indoor Growing Scrog

You've certainly improve your yield in soil using the mesh/rack. If you want a 1lb+ plant, you'll need to use rockwool though, just to get the 10-15litres of nutrients needed daily to keep these ladies happy.
That makes sense, im def not expecting my plants to look like @420autoflower ‘s not in soil especially. But i like the idea of keeping the canopy even and spread out instead of tall, as my indoor tent is just a 2x2x4. I have a spider farmer sf1000 the new one and enough airflow to handle a croud😁 so if i can find vigorous genetics with a longer veg time i think i can improve my odds even more…..or apply the same technique to photoperiods when i grow those and spend more time veg/training if necessary😁

Hats off to your expertise and patience, that is a thing of beauty.
Thank you! :toke:
Appreciate the compliment Brother. :lol:

I am here to announce i will be giving your way a try as soon as im all set up for it. It might be a week or two before im setup but your thread has inspired me and i am a believer. One question tho, my plants are about 19days old and have already been tied down, will that affect the process?
Happy to know you’re going for it Bro. :thumbsup: Lets see what your plants look like so we can give the best advise.

All the info is at the start of this thread :thumbsup: and throughout, you need to get them ironed out just before or entering into pre-flower though ;) sounds like you're be alright time wise.
Thanks for taking care of my thread and answering questions while I was absent my friend. :lol: You’re the only one other than myself that knows the method and I appreciate you taking your time to help people and looking out for me. :thumbsup:

Not questioning your methods at all because the proof is in the pudding but that seems like alot of super cropping, how do you when the plant can take that and how long does it take to bounce back? I plan on trying to replicate your methods as best as i can this grow!
If you’re not comfortable with all the supercropping then just pull the plant down as far as you can without the HST and you’ll still get great results and produce higher quality product.

I'm sure 420 will add in but Super Cropping just increases the amount of growth hormones being produced. These modern autos can take it and within 3-5 days the plant has bounced back. The key to getting consistent results is heavy defoliation, automated fertigation 4-6 times daily and keeping those tops down under the mesh/rack during stretch.

You'll still cultivate a nice plant in soil or coco but you really need that explosive growth in the first 4 weeks which you can only get from rockwool. Some Cultivars are best suited to this method and others need a different approach.
:yeahthat:
That pretty much sums it up.
Coco or rockwool is the way to grow if you want that vigorous growth. Autos can take the LST, HST and the heavy pruning as long as they’re healthy from the start.

I was planning on a scrog grow anyway for my indoor garden but in a much less aggressive approach as i stiil dont have mich experience with autos and dont know what they can take and when. I plan to follow along and try to follow to the best of my abilities. And any and all advice is greatly welcomed. I am currently growing in soil so i know i wont have the kind of resulte i see on this thread, but i believe i can still improve my yield with scrog growing. I do have to get some courage to scheazz the way you guys do and i have been studying the thread pretty thoroughly paying attention to timing and plant growth when all the big stress is soaked up. I still plan to tie my plants over which i have done at day 15-20, first schwazze around day 26-30 along with any supercropping that need to be done along with dropping the net. Next schwazze about 3wks later, the whole time flipping and tucking til the canopy is full, then let it finish on its own loaded with more colas than possible otherwise! Its a little simplified amd im sure i will run into something i dont have the answer for and thats when youll see me back here lol.
We should be able to help you step by step if you want to start scrogging and you don’t have to go that hard with your first round if you’re worried.
Have your autos started showing preflower pistils yet?

You've certainly improve your yield in soil using the mesh/rack. If you want a 1lb+ plant, you'll need to use rockwool though, just to get the 10-15litres of nutrients needed daily to keep these ladies happy.
I agree. I’m sure you’ll be able to scrog out some nice autos in soil but growing hydro with the consistant fertigation is a definite advantage.

That makes sense, im def not expecting my plants to look like @420autoflower ‘s not in soil especially. But i like the idea of keeping the canopy even and spread out instead of tall, as my indoor tent is just a 2x2x4. I have a spider farmer sf1000 the new one and enough airflow to handle a croud😁 so if i can find vigorous genetics with a longer veg time i think i can improve my odds even more…..or apply the same technique to photoperiods when i grow those and spend more time veg/training if necessary😁
Your indoor setup should work just fine. Have you purchased any 3” non stretch nylon scrog netting yet?

do you use anything special like Massive Bloom (green planet) ? or ? for bud development

Scrogging is the best and simplest technique there is for maximizing bud growth. You can't fail bro 🤜🤛 Once you got it set up it’s very intuitive.
Thanks man! :thumbsup:
Definitely a lot of advantages with scrogging. :mrgreen:

do you use anything special like Massive Bloom (green planet) ? or ? for bud development
Yes… my PK booster is KoolBloom from General Hydroponics and I also carbo load them with GH FloraNectar

Are the outdoor photos of the plants inside the wooden frames outdoor plants? If so are you using hydro outdoors as well?

Yes… they are grown hydroponically but hand fed. Next summer I’ll take the time and rig up a automated system.
I would like to try that, how many times a day do they get fertigated? I would think they get pretty thirsty towards the end. Beautiful plants btw. Thats fastbuds gorilla punch looks super healthy!

Yes… they are grown hydroponically but hand fed. Next summer I’ll take the time and rig up a automated system.
I also have some plants going outdoor and am trying to figure a way out to scrog them and i think your modular frames are pretty ingenious! They way the screen is guided by the posts makes so much sense! Ill have tobplan something for next round but you have a seriously dialed way of growing, goals man goals!

Back