Outdoor Growing Oak trees with Watermelons in Michigan

Why spray with milk?? Seems like that would cause more problems

64 degrees and 91% humidity this morning up North where I am. Supposed to rain the next couple days. Went outdoors this morning to check the four plants that I still have growing outside. Took a small sugar leaf off of a bud midway up my photo plant and looked at it under a 60x-120x scope and all the trichomes were cloudy with about 10% amber. I checked because the pistils are already starting to turn from white to orange. Seems way too early to be getting amber trichomes. Night temperatures have been getting into high 40's and for the last month it has only rained twice but I water frequently. No leaves turning yellow on the plant but tree leaves are starting to turn up here.

I've been growing nothing but autos other than this one photo. Before checking that one sugar leaf and seeing the browning pistils I was thinking the plant wouldn't finish before the 1st week of October if I got lucky. Now I'm not sure.

Last edited:
I've never seen a banana kush Auto. Where did that come from??
Pacific seed bank the breeder was Original Kush I grew 2 of the 3 banana kush and they were totally different and I had very disappointing grows from that seed bank had a couple hermie on me. The banana kush was very good smoke just super weird bud structure and I believe it only yielded maybe 3 ozs which I didn't think was great for an outdoor auto Im not sure though this was my 1st year doing auto's outdoor and out of all 3 it seems 2 and a half to 3 oz is all Im getting in return off them but I am getting 3 harvest in 1 outdoor season

Pacific seed bank the breeder was Original Kush I grew 2 of the 3 banana kush and they were totally different and I had very disappointing grows from that seed bank had a couple hermie on me. The banana kush was very good smoke just super weird bud structure and I believe it only yielded maybe 3 ozs which I didn't think was great for an outdoor auto Im not sure though this was my 1st year doing auto's outdoor and out of all 3 it seems 2 and a half to 3 oz is all Im getting in return off them but I am getting 3 harvest in 1 outdoor season

I grew around 20 autos this Summer, 5 aren't finished yet but my yields have been anywhere from 1 oz to 4 oz with the majority at around 2.5 oz. I think the yield was lower on most that I grew outside instead of inside as the temperatures are cooler, 50s and 60s at night, June was cold all month and indoors I use two to three LED panels in the tent with 20 hours on 4 off. But growing outside has the trade off of no electricity for lights and fans.

So a few pics of the grow now.
The new outside wall towards the neighbors house! David coperfield would be proud I made such massive trees disappear!
20190902_123747.jpg

The road side is gone!
20190902_123729.jpg

Put in a secondary fence all the way around where my veggie garden is also so now its double fenced just chicken fence though but that shit might as well be razor wire lol. Really don't matter what kind of fence u use some kid of cutter will cut it with ease.
Front of my grow bud central!
20190902_123934.jpg

Sugar coated top bud of the C99 smells like a choclate milk shake!
20190902_124546.jpg

Top down on my extension ladder my biggest is OG Kush standing just under 13 ft tall!

20190902_124916.jpg

This is again only 11 photoperiod plants and 1 small autoflower in a 30 x 25 ft grow cage

20190902_124912.jpg

20190902_124825.jpg

I mentioned on one forum that marijuana has the potential to grow well over 12 feet tall as I had seen feral marijuana (ditch weed) that was that tall in South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa and Western Minnesota in the fields I hunted in and along highways I drove on. People said I was full of it, because they had never seen it. It all was planted in those states as hemp for war production in WWII. Just grows wild.

2 and a half to 3 more weeks to go till I start to harvest. Hopefully I can do 3 plants a week through harvest which will put the last of it coming out mid October if I'm lucky. This harvest is going to b tricky with only 2 people to process many many [HASHTAG]#s[/HASHTAG] in a short time.

It's crazy to see the leaps of growth these buds do outside every day they seem to double in size. I believe I have a few with potential to stack arm n leg sized buds. The big Cinderella 99 looks like she could stack on some huge colas and 2 of the 4 honeysuckle are already stacking big. The OG Kush look like they will have a ton of baseball sized buds but I dont believe its known for big buds more of a popcorn plant. I started another round of heavy defoliation that I will work on for an hr a day after work for the rest of the week. I found a few spots of PM I'm sure is coming from poor air flow from the plants being too full. So I sprayed with milk and h2o2 lavender and aloe and cut out a few spots nothing bad yet but if I don't keep on it it could go sideways quickly and with 9 months of labor and a few grand into this grow it's time to double down.

Back