Outdoor Growing Oak trees with Watermelons in Michigan

I still have to swing back through n clean up some leaf stems before they rot my wife helped a lot but didn't get the technique down about cutting the leaf close to the stalk but I wasn't going to complain she's the only help I have n I wasn't going to piss her off lol !

I'm probably a couple hundred miles North of you. I went and trimmed my photo plant up earlier this week to open up buds. The ones at the top are huge. All Summer I bent the branches down throughout the plant to keep it under six feet and it appears to have increased my bud size. Now I just wish the rain would stop as it rained some tonight and at the first of the week I got an 1 1/2 inches in one day. I'm hoping I make it to harvest without mold issues, been spraying with H2O2 and shaking the rain or dew off every morning. After growing with worm castings, manure, Fox Farms trio and molasses all Summer I decided to try to bulk up the buds with Beastie Bloomz 0-50-30 for the next two weeks. Been having too many cloudy days. No sun in the forecast for next few days. I'm getting only an hour or two a day with full sun then the sky clouds up.

IMG_20190905_164503.jpg
IMG_20190905_164635.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190905_164538.jpg
    IMG_20190905_164538.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20190905_164524.jpg
    IMG_20190905_164524.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 51
I'm probably a couple hundred miles North of you. I went and trimmed my photo plant up earlier this week to open up buds. The ones at the top are huge. All Summer I bent the branches down throughout the plant to keep it under six feet and it appears to have increased my bud size. Now I just wish the rain would stop as it rained some tonight and at the first of the week I got an 1 1/2 inches in one day. I'm hoping I make it to harvest without mold issues, been spraying with H2O2 and shaking the rain or dew off every morning. After growing with worm castings, manure, Fox Farms trio and molasses all Summer I decided to try to bulk up the buds with Beastie Bloomz 0-50-30 for the next two weeks. Been having too many cloudy days. No sun in the forecast for next few days. I'm getting only an hour or two a day with full sun then the sky clouds up.

View attachment 1099958
View attachment 1099959
Nice job bud! Mine should start to bulk up over the next few weeks. I'm hoping to start harvest the last week of this month. Luckily mine staggered themselves in their flowering which will help during harvest. I'll b looking for some faster flowering plants to run next year because I get pretty crappy weather myself during late flower in September and October. Maybe I missed it but what is ur photo plant their ?

Nice job bud! Mine should start to bulk up over the next few weeks. I'm hoping to start harvest the last week of this month. Luckily mine staggered themselves in their flowering which will help during harvest. I'll b looking for some faster flowering plants to run next year because I get pretty crappy weather myself during late flower in September and October. Maybe I missed it but what is ur photo plant their ?
It was a freebie Bad Dawg Genetics Gooey 13 tester seeds from Great Lakes Genetics in Clio Michigan. It was supposedly developed as an outdoor strain that would be ready to harvest in the Michigan environment. The dealer's forum is at z-labs.

Southern Oregon Seeds has some strains that are advertised as fast bloomers, some that are supposed to be done by middle of September. I haven't ordered from them though.

It was a freebie Bad Dawg Genetics Gooey 13 tester seeds from Great Lakes Genetics in Clio Michigan. It was supposedly developed as an outdoor strain that would be ready to harvest in the Michigan environment. The dealer's forum is at z-labs.

Southern Oregon Seeds has some strains that are advertised as fast bloomers, some that are supposed to be done by middle of September. I haven't ordered from them though.
Last year I ran some regular seeds I crossed a few years back of a blue cheese and gorilla glue that were done September 17 th. I got these seeds from growers choice seed bank and they arnt quite performing as advertised the honeysuckle were bag seeds n are a couple of weeks ahead of the feminized seeds I bought. I'm not too concerned though I can run till late October if I need to.

I've had a foot of snow on the ground by Halloween several times. Once October 15 arrives the average night time lows are usually 32 degrees. The pistils on the lower half of the plant are all turning from white to brown and all the sugar leaves from buds are showing cloudy or amber trichomes on the lower buds. I think if the weather holds another two weeks I will harvest a few of the lower smaller buds to take a closer look with my pocket microscope on a steady surface and dry them to smoke a test bowl.

I've had some autos that the trichomes never changed from clear and they still gave a good buzz. I'm not looking for a couch lock effect as that type of high makes my arthritis worse.

I've had a foot of snow on the ground by Halloween several times. Once October 15 arrives the average night time lows are usually 32 degrees. The pistils on the lower half of the plant are all turning from white to brown and all the sugar leaves from buds are showing cloudy or amber trichomes on the lower buds. I think if the weather holds another two weeks I will harvest a few of the lower smaller buds to take a closer look with my pocket microscope on a steady surface and dry them to smoke a test bowl.

I've had some autos that the trichomes never changed from clear and they still gave a good buzz. I'm not looking for a couch lock effect as that type of high makes my arthritis worse.
I'm looking forward to trying out the acdc CBD plants I have supposed to b around 4 to 6% thc and upwards to 14 % CBD. Should b pretty good for my crushed discs and torn rotator cuff

U must b in Canada or the up. I rarely see snow before mid to late November we usually have 65 70 degree days n 40 to 55 degree nights till mid October rain is the real issue for me where I'm at mold becomes a big issue late flower

I'm just below the bridge but in the snow belt. In an area called the Icebox of the Nation.
I'm about 15 minutes from Ohio border.

Back