Outdoor Growing Oak trees with Watermelons in Michigan

I also cannot imagine your wet/dry yields off each of those plants. my curiosity is strong with this thought...what did your 11ft+'ers yield vs your regular ~10ft plant yields? I have yet to see any cola/buds larger than the width of my wrist so I truly cannot imagine what the buds and colas off a 10ft'er+ actually look like.
I actually yield more from the shorter plants because of the training on the canopy I get more top buds. The year I did these tall trees I think I got roughly 2 to 3 lbs per plant and now with the shorter bushier plants I usually yield between 3 to 5 lbs per plant and that's dry weight.
I've had colas as big as my legs before, the massive colas are usually trouble however as they are susceptible to rot and mold. I tried drying massive buds without breaking them down and they will usually rot before they dry.

I tried drying massive buds without breaking them down and they will usually rot before they dry.
That info right there is what I call a "pearl", and when I see one I pick it up and put it in my little pearl box. It's hard for me to imagine growing a cola the size of my leg, but I might grow one big enough for that to be an issue. In fact, it makes me want to shuffle off to the drying room right now and get a good close look at what I have hanging up since Friday.

I had to give that harvest a clean water dip, as the nearby beans were cut just the evening before and the resulting fallout made a mess of everything. But after dipping they hung on the fence in a steady 12 mph wind for 4-5 hrs. so I figured all good. Now I want confirmation.

When they rot like that, it turns brown, or black/grey and mushy ? Easy to spot ?

I get roughly 2 to 3 pounds per plant. I'm hoping to get anywhere from 24 to 40 pounds from 12 plants this year.
Hey jeano just was scrolling through and came on this thread I was wondering with this extreme yield are those autos and the if so how in the whole universe did u achieve that:worship:

That info right there is what I call a "pearl", and when I see one I pick it up and put it in my little pearl box. It's hard for me to imagine growing a cola the size of my leg, but I might grow one big enough for that to be an issue. In fact, it makes me want to shuffle off to the drying room right now and get a good close look at what I have hanging up since Friday.

I had to give that harvest a clean water dip, as the nearby beans were cut just the evening before and the resulting fallout made a mess of everything. But after dipping they hung on the fence in a steady 12 mph wind for 4-5 hrs. so I figured all good. Now I want confirmation.

When they rot like that, it turns brown, or black/grey and mushy ? Easy to spot ?
Yes, easy to spot. You wet or dry trim? If wet, you'll see it during trim. If dry, cut closer than just big fans and keep an eye out. Grey, webby, brown. Usually if you have rot the fan nearest will drop and show where it's at.

Yes, easy to spot. You wet or dry trim? If wet, you'll see it during trim. If dry, cut closer than just big fans and keep an eye out. Grey, webby, brown. Usually if you have rot the fan nearest will drop and show where it's at.

Thanks, good to know. I won't be dealing with rot on my first plants since I planted them late outdoors this season and stunted their growth on top of it so I don't expect these random photos to get very big by New Year's.

Yes it's fairly easy to spot. Usually they will turn a Grey ish white while drying. It turns brown on the plants if they are still growing.

Back