Outdoor Growing Oak trees with Watermelons in Michigan

Already planning next years grow! I have a plan for slightly shorter plants but trellis them twice as wide. I want to build wooden frames n use 4ft x 8 ft pig fence and fill it with 1 plant about 5 ft tall. Ill need a bigger grow area and i will probably only run 8 to 10 plants at most. I also will do a few more autoflowers during the outdoor grow and possibly a light dep set up with 1 or 2 photoperiods.

So ive been working on next years grow getting seeds around n i want to give a huge thanks to @Dinafem-Mark and @HSO-Mark same guy as i found out but a huge thanks for the blue widow, quick kush from Dinafem and OGKZ , and green crack from HSO. im looking forward to trying out some fast flowering strains here in Michigan. I had already been working on some of my own quick strains from crossing everything in my garden this year with pollen from a blue cheese auto. Id like to think next year ill beat the weather n lower my losses to bud rot n mold.

With over 20 years of growing outdoors I'm most comfortable outside when growing. This winter was my first time growing inside growing with autoflowers and it was a learning experience that was very successful but I get the most enjoyment out of growing huge plants. I love growing big with big results. Last year was my 1st year growing out in the open under full sun no gorilla grow and it resulted in 2 16 foot tall monsters so I'll b taking what I learned from last years grow and improving on it this year. I personally feel that planting direct into the soil which i have a dried up river bed i plant in is the best way to achieve huge plants.

16 feet tall? That is huge. I cannot imagine a cannabis plant that large. I'd imagine the branches will likely need some support at that size?

16 feet tall? That is huge. I cannot imagine a cannabis plant that large. I'd imagine the branches will likely need some support at that size?
Yes they require quite a bit of support. I don't grow them that tall any more, now I cage them up n train the crap out of them. I try to keep them around 10ft tall now.

Yes they require quite a bit of support. I don't grow them that tall any more, now I cage them up n train the crap out of them. I try to keep them around 10ft tall now.

I also cannot imagine your wet/dry yields off each of those plants. my curiosity is strong with this thought...what did your 11ft+'ers yield vs your regular ~10ft plant yields? I have yet to see any cola/buds larger than the width of my wrist so I truly cannot imagine what the buds and colas off a 10ft'er+ actually look like.

Back