Outdoor Growing in the UK desert.

The good news is that the big wildfire to the south of me was contained the following morning, after burning through an entire forest reserve of 300 hectares, and a further 200 hectares of moorland. It was the 3rd biggest wildfire in the UK this year. Several rural houses were destroyed, but no one injured. I suppose it could have been a lot worse.

The bad news is that there has been 3 more separate fires in my county since my last update. 3 more! Including a large fire that is still raging right now, about 4-5 miles south of me. The fire is so big that the crystal clear, cloudless sky was made completely overcast this afternoon by drifting smoke plumes from the fire(s). No word as of yet, whether that one is close to being contained. There is still a thick smell of smoke in the air, and I am several miles away from it.

There is also a smaller fire to the northeast, which has been extinguished from what I hear, but not before it killed an elderly woman in her house, and burnt through 150 hectares of moorland. I will get some pics of the devastation from the fires in the coming days. This is already the UK's worst fire season on record, with 53 separate wildfires. And we still have another month of summer left. Not surprising though when the southeast of England is the driest place in the whole of Europe in 2018...

Bloody hot again yesterday, around 95 degrees F. The same is forecast again for today. Since June 1st, we have now had 54 days of 30C or above temps this summer, with July's average high temperature the highest in 35 years at 29.7C (86F). But August so far, is averaging a whopping high of 32.4C (92F)!!! Although we are only 1 week into August.

The heat and drought really hasn't helped the fire issues that we have been having. One fire of which is still burning now and going into it's 3rd day. Some rain is forecast in the coming days, thank God, as we have only had two days of measurable rainfall since May 15th, measuring a paltry 0.3 inches.

Anyway, on a more positive note...

Critical+ 2.0 auto (45 days old)
IMG_8498.jpg

IMG_8492.jpg

Quick Critical+ (45 days old)
IMG_8493.jpg

IMG_8511.jpg

IMG_8512.jpg

Lots of staggered harvests on these auto's this summer... lower buds are 10 days behind the main coalas...
IMG_8504.jpg

Side/lower branch nug of Sour Diesel auto, taken at 10-11 weeks old.
IMG_8524.jpg

White Widow XXL auto (40 days old)
IMG_8468.jpg

KEG2.jpg
KEG1.jpg

Blue Kush auto (40 days old)
IMG_8480.jpg

Blue Kush auto and White Widow XXL auto (40 days old)
IMG_8483.jpg

The past few days have been more like October weather than August weather, here in southern England. Highs around 18C (64F) with on and off rain, which has been heavy at times. A few rumbles of thunder and some strong winds. Not much sun either with a lot of overcast conditions causing the showers. I would expect this weather in October, maybe late September. But definitely not early August! Consequently it has been the coldest run of August weather since 2005 and the wettest spell of weather since late March, of this year! And that is right off the back of a record breaking July for heat and drought.

At least the fire risk has all but disappeared now. I'm just hoping the cool, wet, overcast conditions doesn't cause mould issues as I have autos that are 4-5 weeks into flower now...

Been tough for you outdoor guys, watering like mad until last week and now worried about too much water. It's supposed to settle next week with drier but cooler weather.
The past few days have been more like October weather than August weather, here in southern England. Highs around 18C (64F) with on and off rain, which has been heavy at times. A few rumbles of thunder and some strong winds. Not much sun either with a lot of overcast conditions causing the showers. I would expect this weather in October, maybe late September. But definitely not early August! Consequently it has been the coldest run of August weather since 2005 and the wettest spell of weather since late March, of this year! And that is right off the back of a record breaking July for heat and drought.

At least the fire risk has all but disappeared now. I'm just hoping the cool, wet, overcast conditions doesn't cause mould issues as I have autos that are 4-5 weeks into flower now...

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

Been tough for you outdoor guys, watering like mad until last week and now worried about too much water. It's supposed to settle next week with drier but cooler weather.

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

Tell me about it mate. I've had more rain in the past 7 days, than I have had in the previous 100 days! And more on the horizon by the looks of the forecasts. Shouldn't pose too much of a problem, unless it stays like this come late August/early September when my autos are ready to chop... then it could potentially turn things into a mouldfest.

For the time being, the rainfall is welcome because the water table is still way, way down on what it should be. The photoperiods probably need another week of rain just to get into a comfortable ground moisture range. They have been hit hard by the draught and are only just bouncing back. Autos on the other hand have been fine, due to the lower water requirements. But as you say, another week of rain and humidity like we are getting right now, and mould will start to become an issue...

Which strains would you recommend from your grow? Any dry bud pics :eyebrows:

When it comes to auto's, the best I have ever ran is Critical+ 2.0 auto by Dinafem. Super potent, big yields and excellent mould resistance. I have another on the go this year and it looks exactly the same and smells the same as the C+ 2.0 auto that I did last year.

large.IMG_5339.JPG.6a79b43e83cfacbdfabde3ef8f8d221c.jpg

large.IMG_5277.JPG.022ce70204f774b54554d942aa2de33a.jpg
large.IMG_5281.JPG.3d551c4644c3f87e4c8cf28b645d8306.jpg

large.IMG_5276.JPG.39bfc092a3ca4df4dc200ba78ce5c182.jpg
large.IMG_5326.JPG.c6f816280b760a0ec161a36d7823eb69.jpg
large.IMG_5327.JPG.8a4e67509613df337c4faa64580d87d4.jpg

I also did Dinafem's Sour Diesel auto this year, but it's not quite as strong as the C+ 2.0 auto. I would still pick the Critical every day of the week. But the Sour D is still a very good smoke. I have pics of it in this diary...

When it comes to photoperiods... Jack 47 FV by Sweet Seeds is the most potent I have ever done.
gallery_99632_13489_9989.jpg

gallery_99632_13489_193790.jpg

The Killer Kush FV on the other hand is the biggest yielding, but not quite as potent. To put into perspective, the one below wasn't even germinated until 1st July...
gallery_99632_13489_202667.jpg
gallery_99632_13489_315332.jpg

gallery_99632_13489_233732.jpg

Both the Jack 47 FV and Killer Kush FV are early-mid October finishes on these as well. Due to the auto genetics. Perfect for cool, temperate climates. The Jack 47 FV was insanely potent btw! My strongest outdoor ever...

Dinafem's OG Kush wasn't far off, very potent and mould resistant. It was quite a late strain though, going until early November, which could have potentially been a disaster in a cold, wet autumn. Fortunately it was dry and sunny that year.
gallery_99632_13489_286759.jpg
gallery_99632_13489_90413.jpg

So to summarise...

Autos
1.) Critical+ 2.0 auto (Dinafem)
2.) Alien vs Triangle (Mephisto)
3.) Sour Diesel auto (Dinafem)
4.) Blue Kush auto (Dinafem)
5.) LSD auto (Fast Buds)

Photos
1.) Jack 47 FV by (Sweet Seeds)
2.) Killer Kush FV (Sweet Seeds)
3.) OG Kush (Dinafem)
4.) Critical+ (Dinafem)
5.) Whitey Freeze (RGSC)

As for dry bud shots... here's some outdoor OG Kush from last year...
med_gallery_99632_13489_10210.jpg
med_gallery_99632_13489_366042.jpg

I'll get some more recent dry bud shots up in the coming days...

Just realised you said "from this grow". I thought you meant what would I recommend in general.

Yeah, Critical+ 2.0 by Dinafem by far best auto. Bubba Kush auto is also a very good smoke as well, although not quite as good as the Critical IMO. But my White Widow XXL which is in week 7 will definitely have something to say to the C+ 2.0 auto. I'll get pics up shortly. She's a beast.

Most of my autos aren't down yet mate, and won't be for another 2-3 weeks...

Back