New Grower Grow Zero//White Widow, Blackjack, & Pineapple from Dr. Seeds in PROMIX

Damn dude, what sorta led setup, used no less, costs 1700 dolla holla???
@baked in the bluegrass I think that specific one is only available new & that’s the price tag. It looks like a big ole home made job of you ask me but I’ll be damned if he didn’t switch that thing on and you could barely make out any shadows if you stood in front of it. It’s a beast of a light, would do wonders with a light rail. They have smaller versions, I’ll get deets. Heading there this afternoon lol.

Oh snap, i luv to chime in, like i know what im doing lolol.
For me, and i think im grttin ready to do it like this again...
I want the dry to take as long as it can so im not trimming anything off yet. Chop the plant, let it hang in muh basement for 2 days, then ill start the trim.
Ill trim a lil each day until its done.
There is a small amount of ambient light in my basement but it didnt seem to affect widows dry at all. Basement temps and rh are a constant 68.5f with 50% rh

So I’ve read and YouTubed enough harvest technique forums/videos to be confidently clueless on how I want to attack these girls. So basically, strip them of their leaves, chop, hang. Blackjack can come down today or I could do the whole 72 hours of darkness prior to chop... But I’m really curious on methods. Tagging in a few of ya just because your opinions and/or smartass replies would be great @baked in the bluegrass @rick-j @Beerhunter CDN @420Forever :kitty:

Oh! Since I have the space, I’m going to just use the waterproof Mylar tray in the new tent to “tarp” off part of the unused area for drying. It’ll keep me in a good environment without having to set up the 4X4. Is blackout really necessary for drying? Can I just hang them away from the light and call it macaroni? So many questions hahaha.
OK, here goes- just remember I'm still asking a lot of questions myself, another words, like someone just told me, i don't know much but maybe I can help somewhere. Yes, you need darkness to dry- no, you just cant call it macaroni- I have tried both, empty tent and a 2x4 closet with sliding doors, I liked the closet better---there is a wonderful thread on this site that walks you threw the steps of cutting, drying, and curing. My memory is so bad, I go to that thread every harvest! I don't know how that connection link stuff works? I have only got 2 brain cells-- I've always been curious about that 48hr. dark period, never have personally tried it, but the good percentage of growers think that's a bunch of crap:shrug:!???HMMMMM---Most of those you tube videos have beautiful plants, very green, I wonder if that dry nute stuff works that easy? I haven't seen a lot of that stuff on this site, but there is a lot of space age tetchiness and lights that I sure don't know about. Sorry if I rambled, Lill is biting at my ankle, its past her breakfast time----good luck and have a good Sunday---:jointman:

Oh snap, i luv to chime in, like i know what im doing lolol.
For me, and i think im grttin ready to do it like this again...
I want the dry to take as long as it can so im not trimming anything off yet. Chop the plant, let it hang in muh basement for 2 days, then ill start the trim.
Ill trim a lil each day until its done.
There is a small amount of ambient light in my basement but it didnt seem to affect widows dry at all. Basement temps and rh are a constant 68.5f with 50% rh
@rick-j @baked in the bluegrass I’m twisted enough to ask fellow newbs but for a reason. We all read the hell out of forums and I figured you guys would have read enough on the subject since our grows were all pretty close together in timeframe. I figured I’d see what you picked up while it was fresh and also see what methods you went with. My basement is dark, I could easily throw the 4X4 together and toss a 6” fan to circulate air. Idc about smell, it’ll be two weeks tops right? Haha.

I think I’ll chop her into manageable stalks, the main stalk is pretty fat on these girls, probably take forever to dry if I left it. I don’t know what Blackjack is going to look like. She foxtailed so bad, doesn’t even look like solid nugs on her. Hoping a little dry time will change that? If not, I have a friend who presses, she may become dab material. I should get working on this tent after a quick bowl... I’d like to toss the temp/Rh thingy in there just to see what the environment will average in a 24 hour period. I should be low 70s with 50-65%rh just need the visual. I guess I was just dreading the idea of another ventilation system, fans, etc.
KISS = Keep It Simple Stupid :haha:

I literally used a clothesline, no added airflow. If i was going to do it in a box or tent i think itd be way more important to have that airflow.
I think i may try the brown paper bag dry as well, see what the fuss is about.
Ill toss this last anecdotal observation out there as well. When widow went into the jar for curing she held a constant 62% rh. Thats almost, but not quite, too moist imo. I think next time imma aim for 59% in the jar

@baked in the bluegrass, Literally looking at curing gear and Boveda packs this very minute ha! I can tame the humidity in the basement easily enough. I have a good dehumidifier running on “Comfort” mode and my temp probe at the canopy (inside a closed tent) reads a consistent 60s. I imagine it would be even lower outside of the tent, gotta check :smoking: and I also need to stop saying “one more bowl” :crying:.

NEVER just one more bowl! Smoke it if ya got it yo lolol.
So on those packs the general consensus seems to be 62% but i think i may grab some of the 59 to try for a bit "dryer" cure

So I’ve read and YouTubed enough harvest technique forums/videos to be confidently clueless on how I want to attack these girls. So basically, strip them of their leaves, chop, hang. Blackjack can come down today or I could do the whole 72 hours of darkness prior to chop... But I’m really curious on methods. Tagging in a few of ya just because your opinions and/or smartass replies would be great @baked in the bluegrass @rick-j @Beerhunter CDN @420Forever :kitty:

Oh! Since I have the space, I’m going to just use the waterproof Mylar tray in the new tent to “tarp” off part of the unused area for drying. It’ll keep me in a good environment without having to set up the 4X4. Is blackout really necessary for drying? Can I just hang them away from the light and call it macaroni? So many questions hahaha.

ok, not sure how lil ol' meeeee got pulled into this, but one thing me do know fer sure -> ya can't call it macaroni sillee, it'z WEED! :rofl: but seriously, yes, opinionz vary greatly on the whole 48 hrz before chop thing, as well as the drying itself, sooooo... :shrug: seein as how me only on me second grow, me not exactly qualified (or worthy, lol) to reply, but on me first grow, i did do the 48 hrz of dark before chop, then jus hung the whole plant upside down in the dark to dry with a small 4" fan for air circ...took about 3 dayz if i remember right, but she was a small plant...and ya, i had already done pretty much a full trim before chop...it was also still winter time & the rh was around 35-40% i think...then into the jarz they went, burping once a day, for a full 2 wkz before smokin, and well, it was A+++ :yay:

sooooo, dunno how much me may have helped, or not, lol, but that'z my :2cents: ppp & :goodluck:

ok, not sure how lil ol' meeeee got pulled into this, but one thing me do know fer sure -> ya can't call it macaroni sillee, it'z WEED! :rofl: but seriously, yes, opinionz vary greatly on the whole 48 hrz before chop thing, as well as the drying itself, sooooo... :shrug: seein as how me only on me second grow, me not exactly qualified (or worthy, lol) to reply, but on me first grow, i did do the 48 hrz of dark before chop, then jus hung the whole plant upside down in the dark to dry with a small 4" fan for air circ...took about 3 dayz if i remember right, but she was a small plant...and ya, i had already done pretty much a full trim before chop...it was also still winter time & the rh was around 35-40% i think...then into the jarz they went, burping once a day, for a full 2 wkz before smokin, and well, it was A+++ :yay:

sooooo, dunno how much me may have helped, or not, lol, but that'z my :2cents: ppp & :goodluck:
I don’t know why but I remember you commenting in a few places, as well as, here at some point. You still know stuff lol!! Guess you’re just that cool . Like I said above though, some beginners have tons of knowledge, just not the practice. I like seeing what other newbs do and also see their “don’t ever do this” moments haha. Just keeping the circle growing :pass:Gotta hit the store for some goodies, peace out pop tarts ✌️

I don’t know why but I remember you commenting in a few places, as well as, here at some point. You still know stuff lol!! Guess you’re just that cool . Like I said above though, some beginners have tons of knowledge, just not the practice. I like seeing what other newbs do and also see their “don’t ever do this” moments haha. Just keeping the circle growing :pass:Gotta hit the store for some goodies, peace out pop tarts ✌️

mmmmmmmmmmmm, pop tartz....:biggrin::pie:

Back