Harvest & Curing Grove Bags and Boveda Curing

Probably wasn't dried enough? Thick buds? Check this out https://grovebags.com/sweating-cannabis/
They werent as thick as the ones I'm drying now, but they were in paper bags just over 7 days. I did keep stems on the colas while in the bags to make sure a slow dry. The humidity did seem stable by the last day. I final trimmed the buds down close and put them in the bags with hydrometers and it was very stable for around 3 days and then the levels started to go up. I've burped them several times since the rise. I'm almost to the point of throwing some Intrgra pack in to correct it.

edit..........I only had a single loose layer in each paper bag.

I don't do the sweating either. What I'll do in your case is take all the bud out of bag and put on a plate for 30ish minutes then put back in bag.

Hi folks mine have been in the bags for 3 weeks I'm going to give them another week and sample to see how the taste has changed as a lot of the buds were in mason jars so we're already starting to cure also the meter I popped in the choc mint has stayed a steady 60rh so I'm very happy with them
IMG_20201106_165206.jpg

I don't do the sweating either. What I'll do in your case is take all the bud out of bag and put on a plate for 30ish minutes then put back in bag.
I'll probably have to do that.

I'll probably have to do that.
i would throw it back in the brown paper bag overnight also i dry absolutely everything in them so its not new to me

Well..........That horse is in the barn!!!
Final Trimmed up all the 15 gal GG#4 and bagged up in two Grove bags and threw in a little hydrometers.
I got just over 8oz at 228.2grams with a bunch of trim for hash.
After 8 hours, the bags were running 60 and 61% humidity................and are still there 4hs more.View attachment 1249262
View attachment 1249264
Too bad someone doesn't make an adjustable meter. I've had those things vary 4-5%. I use my inkbird humidity controller to check my bags. At least I get a consistent reading.

Too bad someone doesn't make an adjustable meter. I've had those things vary 4-5%. I use my inkbird humidity controller to check my bags. At least I get a consistent reading.
Yeah, I'm gonna throw in my 'outdoor' part of my of my hydrometer before I do anything more.

I'm getting elevated humidity levels after several days of stable numbers. I've burped them three days straight for an hour. Still haven't got them back down as of early this morning.
What was your moisture content when you started the cure? Are you using a moisture meter? Are we still having issues? if so please Dm me a phone number and a time to call and ill have one of our guys reach out to help figure out the issue.

Back