Extraction Green dragon...(becareful)

Sorry I don't have pics. I haven't titrated the honey for myself I'm still using a glycerin tincture. But when I do I will report back here.
I start all my edibles with GD. I then infuse what ever I need for the recipe be it oil or honey or agave nector. It makes dosing so easy.

Tincture update: I made a batch of brick weed tincture I used 28grms of BW to 16floz of everclear. I then reduced the 16floz of GD to 8 floz. this resulted in a tincture that .75 mls will give me a nice buzz and kill my pain for about 4 hours.
I also was lucky enough to get some indica trim. I used 24grms of trim to 14floz of everclear. This tincture kicks ass. 10 drops and its couch lock and no pain for six to seven hours.
Just three months ago you could never have convinced me of this. I feel like a fish that has just been told about fire.

6 gms of Power Flower to 3 oz of everclear cooking now....

Went smooth except a little spillage so I made more, bonus for this recipe it's ready in an hour. Took two droppers......

:peace:

Some quick help is needed please...I finially have what I need to make Green Dragon....I think...

Will this thermometer work? It's a meat thermometer but it goes to 180f

My last question is, would a coffee filter work for straining at the end? if not what can I use that I would have laying around the house?

the candy thermo will work... more precise would be better... but... you wont be over 146 degrees with boiling alcohol... you are double bopiling yes? and have LOTS of fresh air ventilation... and are not doing this process over any flame fired burner.... a hot place or electric stove is recommended... with good temp conmtrol... SAFTEY first

if you have a coffe screen like for drip coffee pots (nice and fine) that would be good... i find coffee filter catches too much of the good oils... although it is an excellent filter...

:toke:

yes I'm double boiling and have an electric stove under a vent. I also have an electric skillet I could put water in and sit on the stove under the vent if that would be better. I could run to the store and grab some nylon pantyhose to strain if that would work better. should I keep the temp of the alcohol at 140 so it is below boiling?
I will most likely test some everclear not mixed with weed in the double boiler first so I don't mess up with the good stuff.

nylon might be better... but test and make sure 140 doesnt melt it... if you're going to the store... grab the finest steel strainer mesh you can find... you could always cool first... then shake and filter through panythose...

you're prob ok to boil it... but to be on the safe side only go to showing bubbling.... id hate to see you get hurt..

with a double boiler on electric stove and venting ... you should be good.. :toke:

Thanks you for the help. I will make a batch tonight, Test it when I wake up, and report back tomorrow night!

Back