Extraction Green dragon...(becareful)

Even 151 proof everclear (75.5% ethanol) is almost 25% water, meaning that there are at least 3 problems with using it.
(1) Only 75% of the volume used is real alcohol, so even if that diluted ethanol can dissolve as well as pure ethanol, it can dissolve a maximum of only 75% as much, volume for volume.
(2) Diluting ethanol diminishes it power to dig cannabinoids out of herb, just like diluting alcohol reduces its painful effects on your tongue.
(3) Even if all the alcohol evaporates, there will still be a lot of water left in the tincture. Too much reduction could result in a water tincture with settled out cannabinoids.

Even 151 proof everclear (75.5% ethanol) is almost 25% water, meaning that there are at least 3 problems with using it.
(1) Only 75% of the volume used is real alcohol, so even if that diluted ethanol can dissolve as well as pure ethanol, it can dissolve a maximum of only 75% as much, volume for volume.
(2) Diluting ethanol diminishes it power to dig cannabinoids out of herb, just like diluting alcohol reduces its painful effects on your tongue.
(3) Even if all the alcohol evaporates, there will still be a lot of water left in the tincture. Too much reduction could result in a water tincture with settled out cannabinoids.

Thanks, Simplicion, you only give me some info I was looking for.

1. This can be simply done with twice the amount of alcohol. You only need to consume let's say 4ml instead of 1ml dose.
2. There is somewhere maximum saturation point how much cannabinoids can alcohol dilute/take. I think with those recipes we are far back with saturation point (3-4g buds into 60ml alcohol).
3. More water just means larger dose. And some other stuff which binds to water. I'm okay with that as long as I get cannabinoids with it.

If anyone have 40% (or something similar) and 96% alcohol, can one compare with the same recipe/dose/buds/alcohol? That way we can know for sure!

So I made my first batch of tincture on Saturday and thought I would share my thoughts. I made a double batch out of average quality street weed the only thing I did different from the original recipe was add an extra 2 grams of cannabis. The strongest available alcohol at the local liquor store(Dan Murphey's in Australia) was an op Bundaberg rum at just over 75% so that is what i used, the lass at the store said the chemist should stock higher %alcohol but im not sure what it's called. I started with a 2ml dose and after an hour i was quite baked but nerve pain and back spasm were gone completely, I then decided to go for a real ride on the green dragon and took a further 1.5 ml. Wow that is a very intense experience one which I would not do in public and not when I had important things to do for the next 10 hours. The next day I took a 2ml dose which is fine for around the house but a bit too much for work, I have settled on a 1.5ml dose of a day which seems to keep most pain at bay with minimal toking. I probably should add that I broke my neck a bit over 10 years ago and have plates and screws holding it together so I get bad nerve pain as well as spasm which can cause a quite a bit of uncumfort, toking quite a bit of canna through out the day keeps pain manageable but pain it is still very intense at times. So far after a dose of tincture pain is pretty much non existent and my need to toke is nearly gone (i still do more because I like to) sorry that was such a long post.@912GreenSkell thanks for pointing me in the right direction i feel the best I have in years!!!

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

Back