Extraction Green dragon...(becareful)

What are your thoughts on using a toaster oven? We did it the first time at 250 for 18 minutes. I think the heat bursts vaporized alot of the THC. It wasn't very potent with very good ingredients :) I can't really use my oven or my wife will go nuts. Any ideas on how I can keep from vaping or burning the goods?

A crockpot set on low works great. Also, swimming pool supplies include a very fine mesh to use so no gd lost in cheese cloth. Also have used plastic replacement cup for K-Cup (Keurig) Filter utilizes a very fine steel mesh. Buy them in packs of 4.

@912GreenSkell @Simplicio What if I use 40% alcohol, what does that mean? Potency wise...

- Just to need more of it compared to 96% ethanol (Everclear) because it has more water? So 96/40 = 2.X amount.
- Or keep it the same as it will not be too saturated and I can't evaporate it?

The higher the % of alcohol is, the better extraction you will get with the Cannabis.

I used to use 151 rum with good results until they started selling Everclear in my state.

I have read of people doing cold extraction with lower % of alcohol and putting either keeping in freezer or in dark place like closet for three months or so. Never tried it my self though.

All the best to you,
Stick

The higher the ABV % the better/faster the solvent action... I haven't heard whether or not there is a lower limit abv for this, in other words will 40% act as a solvent..? That would be good to know

The higher the % of alcohol is, the better extraction you will get with the Cannabis.

I used to use 151 rum with good results until they started selling Everclear in my state.

I have read of people doing cold extraction with lower % of alcohol and putting either keeping in freezer or in dark place like closet for three months or so. Never tried it my self though.

All the best to you,
Stick

Ive heard alot of folks say that the freeze method makes a far inferior effect, than the hot water bath boiled method. Never tried the freeze method myself, so its only second hand info.

Ive heard alot of folks say that the freeze method makes a far inferior effect, than the hot water bath boiled method. Never tried the freeze method myself, so its only second hand info.
I tried the freeze method myself for 6 weeks or so, and yes VERY inferior to hot water bath method. Thought I would try and 'save' some of the ethanol. Waste of time and material for me, but might be strong enough for some, just not me.

I tried the freeze method myself for 6 weeks or so, and yes VERY inferior to hot water bath method. Thought I would try and 'save' some of the ethanol. Waste of time and material for me, but might be strong enough for some, just not me.

All i can say is this...the hot water bath method using either 151 or 190 proof, at 3-4ml dosing is PLENTY of effect for me!! ;) :D :D :D

i think i read somewhere that for extracting/infusing canna 70% was needed ,so 70% alcohol or 70% fat in butters and the like.although theory and practice suggests that 99.9% or as close to is better.
i would jump to the conclusion that lower % fats/alcohols could be used,but could maybe be leaving behind half the availabe cannabanoids ?
:pighug:

Back