Extraction Green dragon...(becareful)

First time I used 96% alcohol and color is much more intense and green than previous attempts with homemade alcohol at 35-40% (see pictures on top of this page).
I also reduced 200ml to around 30ml end product.
Anyhow, I've got a question - how much buds and alcohol do you need to get thick paste (like RSO) for around let's say 30 servings or 1 vial (5ml)? I don't think from my above attempt I would get paste, it's just too small quantity. I notice only few trichs at the bottom and at the sides of double boiler (look picture at the bottom).

I used 20g of fluffy/lower buds and 200ml of 96% alcohol.

I would note dont use plastic with high proof liquor as it leaches undesirables.

Main reason for post was to see what people are using to mix GDT drinks in?

juice coffee tea.... ???

Mine is golden in colour made from DP Mazar winterized honey oil.

GDT

GDT.JPG

I used dinafem Haze CBD bud to make tincture ( Green Dragon ). I have a Magical Butter Machine and it works great for this. Decarb and used 2 ounces of bud in 16 ounces Everclear. I use 2ml twice a day and have the lowest pain levels ever.
Hello there stoners. Has anyone made a cbd version of green dragon? What could it be called? Green Dragon cbd, olive dragon? Lol

I used dinafem Haze CBD bud to make tincture ( Green Dragon ). I have a Magical Butter Machine and it works great for this. Decarb and used 2 ounces of bud in 16 ounces Everclear. I use 2ml twice a day and have the lowest pain levels ever.
Thanks man I appreciate it. I might be trying this today maybe. I really do enjoy smoking it though. Lol It's actually helping me smoke less cigarettes too. Something I'm trying to quit.
I wonder how much difference there is between the 151 and everclear, strength wise. Have you tried both and noticed a difference? Anyone?

151 works fine, it just has more water in it, which, if the material is somewhat fresh, it will pull more chlorophyll from it. And the 192 is hard to get. I have some Native friends who got it for me.

Thanks man I appreciate it. I might be trying this today maybe. I really do enjoy smoking it though. Lol It's actually helping me smoke less cigarettes too. Something I'm trying to quit.
I wonder how much difference there is between the 151 and everclear, strength wise. Have you tried both and noticed a difference? Anyone?

cheers to everybody for your input :thumbsup: i will be having a bash at this next week.have a lot more reading up to do,will likely do both a long and a short soak.
we cant get everclear,grape,grain alcohol over here.so i have a bottle of balkan vodka 88% or 176% metric/imperial on its way to me.
:pighug:

151 works fine, it just has more water in it, which, if the material is somewhat fresh, it will pull more chlorophyll from it. And the 192 is hard to get. I have some Native friends who got it for me.
Ok cool thanks. I can get 190 everclear and 151. I had heard some people like the flavor of 151 moreso than no flavor. I just wasn't sure if the potency was different. I appreciate it. See what I can come up with. Just spent too much money on seeds lol but they will be well worth it. Lol
cheers to everybody for your input :thumbsup: i will be having a bash at this next week.have a lot more reading up to do,will likely do both a long and a short soak.
we cant get everclear,grape,grain alcohol over here.so i have a bottle of balkan vodka 88% or 176% metric/imperial on its way to me.
:pighug:
Nice Ed Rosenthal book Beyond Buds is a good read. It goes through all the extraction methods, but I feel like some parts were lacking in information or some parts were beyond what we do at home. Informative but lacked some details. Thank God for AFN and Google lol

Yes, I need to report back here:

I used 100 proof vodka (all I had last night) and 20 grams (appropriately ratioed to the recipe)

so 100 proof vodka
20 grams early skunk pearls finely ground
and decarbed for 6 minutes (1 extra to achieve actual temp) at 350

it takes 5-7 ml for me with this...

am now making a 7 gram and 4oz 190 proof GH4 version... hopefully this will dowrk in 1 ml doses as per recipe. :smokeit:

also decarbed this for 20 minutes at 350

I bought 1oz, 21% thc, Sativa, no known name. It was on sale for $5/gram. 2cups Everclear and 3 days of freezing. Decarb 240f for 40min. Does it matter whether I buy sativa or indica? and does a particular variety matter? Reduced to RSO and mixed some in creams, and other for tincture. Seems very weak. Did I blow the thc away?

Back