Extraction Green dragon...(becareful)

Thanks, Cres.... I think I just posted to you again... SOrry, I am new to the board. So, you're thinking if I go 325 for 5 minutes in a normal oven, it won't leave a smell in the oven. That 250 for 18 minutes left a major smell that is still there in the toaster oven. Also, we used Everclear, so what temperature do I need to make sure the tincture doesn't get above to keep from igniting?

I did the same thing just this past weekend and I think it got a little too hot as well. My initial thought and suggestion to both myself and you is to try it turned down with the little toaster ovens as they have the 'hot spots'.

Hey Buddy, shoot on over to the Intro section and tell us a bit about yourself. There's a link down in my signature. :D

Are you talking abouthe the introduction thing, Squid? Hey, how do you get the smell out of your oven?

Yes the Intros. Just a way to announce that you're here and tell us a little bit about yourself. :D

I used the little toaster oven which is actually our main oven, :lol:

It just went away after a couple days. Plus, (Mrs.)Honey Squid don't give a crap. :crying:

OK, thanks. I'll do that although I don't think it will be all that interesting :) I used a toaster oven my first time (which was also the last time I did it) at 250 for 18 minutes. I'm afraid I vaporized it because it doens't seem to be strong at all. How do you avoid doing that with your toaster oven? What temp and time do you use? Thanks again!

I've only done it once. Next time I am just going to try turning it down to 175 or so and keeping a close eye.

Cres maybe has a better solution or something to add. :D

I've herd and read a lot of debate over the time and temperature to bake at. I've heard from 325 for 5 mintues to 150 for 25 minutes. Although I'm curious as to what your opinions are on what works best, I want to make sure I'm not vaporizing my stuff in the process. I'm using a toaster oven, so I have to be extra careful of that. Is it generally safe to say that once you start to get a real strong smell, then it is time to pull it out? No matter what temp you use, how do you experts out there know that it is ready other than the time it has baked? Thanks for your help!

Started making my green dragon....:D...... I used everclear 190proof cant wait to try. I will give my update tomorrow...:smoke:

I'll be making some green dragon soon and have a few questions
I want to just use keif from my grinder instead of bud for a more potent product, how much keif should I use?
Do I preheat the oven to 325 or just put the tray in the oven and turn it on?
Has anyone tried taking gd with soda or another carbonated drink? I know carbonation gets you drunk faster maybe it would also help the thc get into your system faster

I'll be making some green dragon soon and have a few questions
I want to just use keif from my grinder instead of bud for a more potent product, how much keif should I use?
Do I preheat the oven to 325 or just put the tray in the oven and turn it on?
Has anyone tried taking gd with soda or another carbonated drink? I know carbonation gets you drunk faster maybe it would also help the thc get into your system faster

yes pre heat... kief save it...bud is fine smaller buds even better... you follow the instructions as close as you can and it will knock you for a loop dont worry about...extra potent.

soda won't accelerate any more than a nice glass of water afterwards...

Back