New Grower Gone 13 grows Fast Buds LSD-25 as pure perlite hempie.

Wandered over here from LS, looks good and the details of what works and what doesn't, especially not being afraid to document mistakes, really helps other growers too :pass:
Keep up the good grow and having fun :smoking:

Thanks, @RivetGrrl ! Mistakes are what we learn from........so i guess I'm doing a lot of learning!! LOL! Seriously, hempie culture is probably the easiest and least expensive way to grow canna that I have seen.

keep up with the detail :thumbsup: habitual ran pure perlite,and in a cupboad to if i remember,but was a long time ago though :shrug: the 5 similar threads below dont mention perlite or hempy so under represented :frowny:
good luck n keep er lit.
:pighug:

Day 35 in the life of the Acid Queen. She continues to grow well with no real problems except she seems a little smaller than other LSD-25s I have seen at this stage. I'm going to lower the light a few inches and keep a careful eye on her.
Also, started LST today......a little early for me but she seems to be a very strong plant. I love LST.........both of my other grows ended up with a great circular structure and covered in buds after their LST.

First full strength feeding today.....by that I mean the first feeding to loss so she she has a full resevoir of fresh nutes to draw on as she gets her roots lower in the container. See pic below. The food consisted of 5Gm/gal and Bio-Root 5ml/gal pH 6.0. The Bio-Root was added to strengthen the stems as they adapt to the LST.

Temp range in low 70s and humidlity in the 60% range with the help of my humidifier. Light distance is at 29" Light duration is 24/0.

View attachment 1031276

View attachment 1031277

View attachment 1031278
Initial LST.

View attachment 1031280
Feeding to loss...........
:slap::greenthumb::greenthumb:

Hello AFNers! It is now Day 42 for the Acid Queen and she continues to grow well. The LST and a little leaf tucking really made her take off. Look at the difference in the day 35 pic and the day 42 pic. Did two more branches with LST today which should really open her up. Fed another gallon to loss to freshen up the nutes in the reservoir. I don't think the tap root has hit the reservoir yet......they seem to really take off then! Fed 1 tsp. MC with 5ml of Bio-Root per gallon of water. Going to try to use MC this time without a bunch of additives; I'm interested to see if there is much difference.

Last edited:
LSD   017  Day 35.jpg

This is what I mean by feeding to loss. You need to very slowly pour through the bucket enough nutes to give you a stream like this for at least a minute. A guy on another forum said you wanted it to look like the peeing statues in that Austin Powers movie. Some folks will collect the run off, dilute it if necessary and use it to feed other plants.

Here are the Day 42 pics.
LSD  21  Day 42.jpg

LSD  20  Day 42.jpg

A big difference in a week!
Well, that's all for now........see you next week. Peace!

Well, it is day 49 and time for the weekly update of the Acid Queen. I have to admit a real stoner error this week, except that i was perfectly straight when it happened. Because of the way I had to mount my light in the closet, it is not easily adjustable.....I take the opposite approach; I move the plant up or down by varying the height of boxes I sit the plant on. I was adjusting the bucket on the boxes and didn't realize that I was getting close to the edge...the bucket was heavy because she had just been fed the day before. The bucket fell off the boxes spilling the plant and perlite al over the closet floor.....the root mass was actually exposed! Needless to say I was really pissed at myself, thinking I had just wasted a seed and and several weeks of time. After freaking out, I decided to carefully scoop everything back into the bucket, essentially replanting the plant. A couple of days later she is growing faster than ever.......did not show the slightest effect from her depotting. The only thing was that I had to redo the LST as the fall knocked the original anchors off. She seems to be going into pre flower at last. She is due another feeding tonight, I may add Snow Storm Ultra to this batch to help budding. I used this stuff on my last 2 grows and it seemed to really kick bud formation and growth into overdrive! Hope it works again!

Now for the weeks' pictures:

LSD  22  Day 49.jpg

LSD  23  Day 49.jpg

LSD  24  Day 49.jpg

That's it for this week.......thanks for stopping by!

Back