Hey boss! Checking in from a little farther north out on the delta...take care with pots... I almost lost a couple last year to heat stroke... get an old sheet or something else that will shade the containers but still allow for airflow... nothing's worse than coming home to a wilted lady... I go straight into the ground now... and just avoid the issue. Good choice on genetics, you won't be disappointed! I have a couple oz of mephisto nugs drying now...

Any questions or anything else, tag me with an @ and I'll see it... been busy as of late, so I haven't been on as much as I'd like! View attachment 902360
Thanks for the tip @Arthur and wow thats a nice frosty mephisto nug, I can’t wait to harvest mine!! Nice work bro. :clapper:

Re the heat I was worried about the plants getting too hot once summer sun fully kicks in so I got some mesh/netting. Do you think something like this mounted over the top of the containers would do the trick?

Attachments

• 3E320944-7B1C-42A0-92EA-1460D59A1104.jpeg
    3E320944-7B1C-42A0-92EA-1460D59A1104.jpeg
    250.1 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Thanks for the tip @Arthur and wow thats a nice frosty mephisto nug, I can’t wait to harvest mine!! Nice work bro. :clapper:

Re the heat I was worried about the plants getting too hot once summer sun fully kicks in so I got some mesh/netting. Do you think something like this mounted over the top of the containers would do the trick?
It might... suspended 6 to 8 inches over the tops of of the containers...you'll want the ladies getting full sun, but the soil/ root zone shaded.... with my girls in the ground I saw several days around 110* with direct sun, no issues.

Root zone temp plays a major part of plant survival...with our high temps, container growing outdoor can be a challenge!

It might... suspended 6 to 8 inches over the tops of of the containers...you'll want the ladies getting full sun, but the soil/ root zone shaded.... with my girls in the ground I saw several days around 110* with direct sun, no issues.

Root zone temp plays a major part of plant survival...with our high temps, container growing outdoor can be a challenge!

Another +1 for direct in the ground planted plants!!

Word. I’ll make sure the soil stays cool with the webbing about 8 in above and the leaves get full sun as you suggested. The webbing actually works out perfect since I wont have to remove it to water the soil. Thanks again for the tip!!
:worship:
Another +1 for direct in the ground planted plants!!

I actually really wanted to plant mine directly in a raised garden bed but have some restrictions re: sunlight where it's located. But oh well hopefully pots will suffice.

Cheers bros!
:cheers:
:smoking::d5:

+1 on this, especially auto seeds.

I dont live in the states....but i have done alot of seed buying up here in cannada. I have had tremendous success with seeds from overseas!! Alibongo, The Vault, Seedism have all came through for me perfect every time. In cannada GTA seedbank and True north have come through perfect several times as well. Ultra high germ rates from each of those listed.

Snapped some pics today. At this point they’ve been above ground for about a week. How do you all think the seedlings look so far?

Any input would be much appreciated @912GreenSkell, @Ash-a-Ton, @Maria Sanchez, @St. Tom or anyone else watchin this thread.

First pic is to show my general setup with the containers and the other two pics to show some close shots of the seedlings.

Looking good for the babies!

I dont live in the states....but i have done alot of seed buying up here in cannada. I have had tremendous success with seeds from overseas!! Alibongo, The Vault, Seedism have all came through for me perfect every time. In cannada GTA seedbank and True north have come through perfect several times as well. Ultra high germ rates from each of those listed.
I’ve heard some good things about The Vault seedbank. Really wish customs wasn’t a crap shoot for us in the US :-(. Seems like some of the best US based seedbanks are DCSeedexchange and OregonElite seeds among a few others.
Looking good for the babies!
Thanks!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Day 9 (from popping out of soil) - I just did another water until run off with tap water. I also got a temp/humidity sensor (it has an external temp sensor that I inserted an inch or so into the soil). Looks like my soil temp is 91 deg F and rh is around 35%. I’ve gotta get that netting setup over the soil asap!

Side question - Has anyone ever heard of using diatomaceous earth (light coating on top of the soil) mainly to help deal with pests but also reflect some light off the soil to keep soil temps down and also add some nutes?
@Arthur, @St. Tom, @trailanimal, @Ash-a-Ton

Last edited:
I’ve heard some good things about The Vault seedbank. Really wish customs wasn’t a crap shoot for us in the US :-(. Seems like some of the best US based seedbanks are DCSeedexchange and OregonElite seeds among a few others.

Thanks!

I just did another water until run off with tap water. I also got a temp/humidity sensor (it has an external temp sensor that I inserted an inch or so into the soil). Looks like my soil temp is 91 deg F and rh is around 35%. I’ve gotta get that netting setup over the soil asap!

Side question - Has anyone ever heard of using diatomaceous earth (light coating on top of the soil) mainly to help deal with pests but also reflect some light off the soil to keep soil temps down and also add some nutes?
@Arthur, @St. Tom, @trailanimal, @Ash-a-Ton
For pest control. I have heard of this .For other reasons of use mentioned .I have not.

Does not mean other reasons are not correct. But pest control for sure.

I don't think DE adds any nutes, but it does work for pests (as does cinnamon). Don't expect to much on the light reflection...

Back