What strain are you growing?
Skywalker, one of my favorite strains.

Actually one of the reasons I decided to try growing my own is a lot of the dispensaries in the bay area don’t carry it so I said what the hell I’ll just grow my own. Plus this way I’ll know exactly what went into growing the budz.

Skywalker, one of my favorite strains.

Actually one of the reasons I decided to try growing my own is a lot of the dispensaries in the bay area don’t carry it so I said what the hell I’ll just grow my own. Plus this way I’ll know exactly what went into growing the budz.

OH very nice!! Mephisto? Or another breeder? I am assuming auto.

Yep. Mephisto Artisanal Skywalker auto fem seeds.

I think the next beans I want to grow are Mephisto 3 bears OG or perhaps some autos from sweet seeds or Dutch Passion. So many choices!!

Mephisto...sweet!! I am very interested in watching this grow!! DP has monsters man....if you are looking for major size coupled with high quality DP has many great strains.(daiquiri, colorado cookies, sunrise, glueberry all come to mind)

So 8 hours of direct sun a day...just a bit of forewarning, buds will likely be a bit loose in density, though maybe not. Your sun is more intense than ours in the north, depending on the density of the strain as well (never grown skywalker personally)they might form well...hard to say

Yep. Mephisto Artisanal Skywalker auto fem seeds.

I think the next beans I want to grow are Mephisto 3 bears OG or perhaps some autos from sweet seeds or Dutch Passion. So many choices!!

Dont overlook dinafem either...they have some excellent auto genetics. Seed stockers is putting out some crazy amazing autos as well these days, but you might find them tough to find in the states

Mephisto...sweet!! I am very interested in watching this grow!! DP has monsters man....if you are looking for major size coupled with high quality DP has many great strains.(daiquiri, colorado cookies, sunrise, glueberry all come to mind)

So 8 hours of direct sun a day...just a bit of forewarning, buds will likely be a bit loose in density, though maybe not. Your sun is more intense than ours in the north, depending on the density of the strain as well (never grown skywalker personally)they might form well...hard to say
Supposedly the skywalker auto by mephisto produces pretty dense nugs so hopefully they won’t get too loose but thanks for the heads up re: hours of sunlight. I’m really interested as well to see how they turn out in an outdoor organic grow!

This first grow will be a bit of an experiment but if all goes well I’m gonna try to plant 2 more after harvest in July and replicate the process throughout late summer/early fall but with different beans.

I’d love to get my hands on some DP (the thought of glueberry auto makes my mouth water) or Dinafem beans. Luckily I was able to find a seedbank located in the U.S. that sold mephisto so I went with those.

You'll do great. Cali I've been told has climate like where I am in Queensland. Just listen to what the plants need. I've taken organic to a bit of a extreme. I make my own nutrients from fruit and veg with green tea and coconut water in a nutra blender then water it down 10 litres to 500ml with water. Easy and well the results speak for themselves.
Just be sure to mist them a few times a day as your summer hits to deter bugs.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

You'll do great. Cali I've been told has climate like where I am in Queensland. Just listen to what the plants need. I've taken organic to a bit of a extreme. I make my own nutrients from fruit and veg with green tea and coconut water in a nutra blender then water it down 10 litres to 500ml with water. Easy and well the results speak for themselves.
Just be sure to mist them a few times a day as your summer hits to deter bugs.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
That’s a good idea with making organic nutes in the blender I’ll have to look into that.

Thanks for the tip on mistying. I’m pretty worried about how to handle the array of bugs that outdoor grows have to deal with. Keeping fingers crossed!

Good luck on your first grow pal I'm sure it will be a great adventure just a little warning it get very addictive this hobby pal

Back