t
View attachment 903997

View attachment 903998

Day 10 from above soil

Anyone know if this new leaf curling back on itself is normal? @912GreenSkell @Ash-a-Ton @St. Tom @trailanimal @Maria Sanchez
@jingo @Arthur

The curling back nature makes me think she’s getting too much light but I could be way off mark.

Also I see a few lil bugs on the stem. Gonna try to remove carefully.
thats nothing to worry about pal just growing normally someone else will advise futher

Thanks Ash

Oh nice! I think I’m going to do the same, on my next grow I’ll mix some DE into the soil. May also add a thin layer on top of my current grow. I’ve noticed a lot of lil bugs starting to show up in the soil.

Definitely do add some to the top of the soil if you are spotting bugs. No harm will be done by adding diomascus, and hopefully it will stop any issues with harmful bugs.

Definitely do add some to the top of the soil if you are spotting bugs. No harm will be done by adding diomascus, and hopefully it will stop any issues with harmful bugs.
Ok will do thanks growbro! The DE is supposed to arrive today so I’ll make sure to add it ASAP.
don't worry about that leaf, yet, she looks strong and able to deal with minor stuff
Thanks for the feedback! I think after the next watering I may add a 1/2 or 1/4 strength big bloom or grow big nutes from foxfarms to help give the babies a lil boost.

Genetics: @mephisto Artisanal - Skywalker auto fem (I love me some indica!!)

Location - San Jose, CA (plants get about 8 hours of direct sun each day).
=================================
Hi eveyone. I’ve been lurking & learning for a few weeks and was inspired so I recently started my first grow ever!

Please feel free to chime in with comments, tips, etc. especially if anyone is familiar with growing autos outdoors in the bay area.

My game plan is to make this grow as simple as possible via not doing any transplanting and using organic fertilizers and the free power from the sun. After planting the seeds all I really plan on doing is making sure they get enough sun and water (summers here can be pretty dry).

Here is my setup and what I’ve done so far:

-4/22/18 I put 2 seeds in a cup of tap water to soak for 48 hrs (next time I’m going to try Mephisto’s recommended germination method using toilet paper and a DVD case)

-4/24/18 I planted each seed directly in their final 20” containers (regular plastic potting containers). Before planting the soaked seeds I prepared the soil in each container in the following way:

Container 1, poured in a 1 lb bag of super soil concentrate (from Amazon) then added organic Jobe’s potting soil to about 1/3rd of the way up and mixed it with the super soil then filled rest of container with Organic jobes potting soil then watered until run off.

Container 2, poured in foxfarms ocean forest soil then filled rest of container with organic Jobe’s potting soil then watered until runoff.

-Once the containers were prepared I made a small 1/2 inch deep hole and placed the seed in it then lightly covered with soil and added a little water on top of it

-4/27 to 4/28 Both seedlings broke the surface (about 3-4 days)

-4/29 I gave 1 cup of water to each plant for a lil drink

-5/2/18 After sticking my finger into the soil I noticed it was starting to dry up so I watered both containers until runoff making sure to leave a ring of dry soil near the stem of the seedlings to create a drip line which will encourage root expansion as explained here in @Ash-a-Ton ’s amazing thread for newbies :)thanks:): https://www.autoflower.org/threads/school-daze-seedling-phase.65331/page-2

I’ve been leaving the plants outside from the beginning even during the night so at first I was worried the still somewhat cold nights (lows were about 45-50 F) would hurt them but they’ve been champs so far. Recently the lows have stopped getting below 50 so it should be smooth sailing from here hopefully.

Will try and grab some pics to post and will continue to post updates. Can’t wait to harvest some frosty buds by around mid July! :pass:

Also thank you to @912GreenSkell for your great thread on maximizing outdoor autos:
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/maximizing-outdoor-autos-guide-to-growing-under-the-sun.56402/
:worship:

AWESOME INFO! THANKS !! U just answered a question for me as a 1st time grower is whether I can put my germinating seeds (since Sat night in water 20 hr immersion then wet paper towel method) right into the final pot & then immediately put it outside. I live near NAPA, CA & except for 4 or 5 days next week, the weather is predicted to be in the 70's & 80's, except for 4 or 5 days next week high 60's. I see where some growers are putting the plants in soil & then putting them under a grow light until they grow to a certain point. I was hoping I didn't have to go out and buy a grow light, since I want to grow outdoors.

View attachment 903997

View attachment 903998

Day 11 from above soil (day 15 after planting soaked seed).

Anyone know if this new leaf curling back on itself is normal?

The curling back nature makes me think she’s getting too much light but I could be way off mark.

Also I see a few lil bugs on the stem. Gonna try to remove carefully.

Normal. A lot of seedlings have weird leaf shapes for the first couple of sets of leaves.
It's fine. Relax.

Ok will do thanks growbro! The DE is supposed to arrive today so I’ll make sure to add it ASAP.

Thanks for the feedback! I think after the next watering I may add a 1/2 or 1/4 strength big bloom or grow big nutes from foxfarms to help give the babies a lil boost.

If you've got them in soil, then that is enough for the first couple of weeks.
Maybe after week 3 add a little fert, at 1/4 strength.
Easy to over-fert when they're young and do damage to them.
Don't feed your toddler steak, coffee and whiskey..........

If you've got them in soil, then that is enough for the first couple of weeks.
Maybe after week 3 add a little fert, at 1/4 strength.
Easy to over-fert when they're young and do damage to them.
Don't feed your toddler steak, coffee and whiskey..........
Haha yeah good thinking. We don’t want the toddlers getting drunk now do we ;-)

Ill hold off until next week (week 3 above ground) at the earliest to add any 1/4 strength nutes. Thanks Maria!!

AWESOME INFO! THANKS !! U just answered a question for me as a 1st time grower is whether I can put my germinating seeds (since Sat night in water 20 hr immersion then wet paper towel method) right into the final pot & then immediately put it outside. I live near NAPA, CA & except for 4 or 5 days next week, the weather is predicted to be in the 70's & 80's, except for 4 or 5 days next week high 60's. I see where some growers are putting the plants in soil & then putting them under a grow light until they grow to a certain point. I was hoping I didn't have to go out and buy a grow light, since I want to grow outdoors.
Glad my post was able to help you bud!

Are you gonna start a grow journal? If so please tag me in so I can follow!

Good luck out there!

Back