With those white specks I could see in the other picture I was a little worried you might have spider mites, but it looks like very typical aphid damage so you should be fine when you get those taken care of.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Ok thanks! Some of those white specs may have been some of the DE powder (some got on the leaves when applying it to the soil).

I just got some neem oil and neem seed meal so hopefully that will help with those aphid fuckers if anymore show up!! Ill also keep an eye out for lady bugs.

Update, day 29 from planting and 25 from above soil.

*Both plants have started showing their sex, can see little white pistols showing on each!

The girls looked like they could use a lil boost so they each got 1/4 teaspoon (1.5 ml) of Biobizz fish mix and 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) of Biobizz rootjuice mixed into 1 L of water.

They each also got a top dressing of neem sead meal (about 20 tablespoons each) to try and combat the variety of bugs I’ve seen on them so far. Thanks for the excellent thread on neem seed meal @sour.b!

@Arthur do you have any tips on combating bugs in our area during an outdoor grow?

Some pics...

This one is the foxfarms ocean forest that had all the weird curls and some aphids among other things:
image.jpg

Top view:
image.jpg

Here is the one planted in supersoil (which I’ve also found a variety of bugs on but she doesn’t seem too worse for the wear):
image.jpg

Top view:
image.jpg

Hopefully the boost I gave them today helps!

Last edited:
Update, day 29 from planting and 25 from above soil.

The girls looked like they could use a lil boost so they each got 1/4 teaspoon (1.5 ml) of Biobizz fish mix and 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) of Biobizz rootjuice mixed into 1 L of water.

They each also got a top dressing of neem sead meal (about 20 tablespoons each) to try and combat the variety of bugs I’ve seen on them so far. Thanks for the excellent thread on neem seed meal @sour.b!

@Arthur do you have any tips on combating bugs in our area during an outdoor grow?

Some pics...

This one is the foxfarms ocean forest that had all the weird curls and some aphids among other things:
View attachment 910220

Top view:
View attachment 910221

Here is the one planted in supersoil (which I’ve also found a variety of bugs on but she doesn’t seem too worse for the wear):
View attachment 910222

Top view:
View attachment 910223

Hopefully the boost I gave them today helps!
Depends on the bug! Outdoors your going to have some...its just nature... unless I see mite issues I tend to go lite unless a real problem... don't know how close you are to hwy 5 and or hwy 99, but they dump russet mites as a predictor mite for strawberry growers... at least that's their answer...I'm about 20 miles west, and I don't see any... I grow organic, so no chems st all, and nothing after 2nd week of flower...

Don't plant near tomatoes... sure fire way to have worm issues... bud killers... watch afternoons carefully... heat stress can get you fast when container growing...

Depends on the bug! Outdoors your going to have some...its just nature... unless I see mite issues I tend to go lite unless a real problem... don't know how close you are to hwy 5 and or hwy 99, but they dump russet mites as a predictor mite for strawberry growers... at least that's their answer...I'm about 20 miles west, and I don't see any... I grow organic, so no chems st all, and nothing after 2nd week of flower...

Don't plant near tomatoes... sure fire way to have worm issues... bud killers... watch afternoons carefully... heat stress can get you fast when container growing...
Thanks dude! I’m not very close to hwy 5 but that’s good to know re: russet mites.

Now that I have the neem seed meal top dressing down I’m going to put the soil covers back on to prevent heat stress. May need to re-engineer them now that the girls are a lot bigger.

Cheers!!

Thanks dude! I’m not very close to hwy 5 but that’s good to know re: russet mites.

Now that I have the neem seed meal top dressing down I’m going to put the soil covers back on to prevent heat stress. May need to re-engineer them now that the girls are a lot bigger.

Cheers!!
Also... if your containers are plastic, you'll want to change them every season or so... just lost 2 starts...only thing I can come up with is UV degradation causing it to off gas into the soil.

Also... if your containers are plastic, you'll want to change them every season or so... just lost 2 starts...only thing I can come up with is UV degradation causing it to off gas into the soil.
Good lookin out! Next grow I’m gonna use 5 gal fabric pots. Will prob have to water more frequent but at least they’d be able to breath better.
:pass:
:slap:

31 days after planting and 27 from above ground.

Gave each pot a full water until runoff (about 3L of water plus 2.5 ML of rootjuice for each).

Also got some shots of the cylinder shaped yellow/brown bugs and a white colored gnat type bug.

White bug (likes to hang out on underside of the leaves):
3A11E959-65EE-4E11-9DA3-A9CE11910407.jpeg

Yellow cylinder bugs (all over both plants):
2DE294D6-40D2-42CE-8A26-018D3082369A.jpeg

4F68C39A-02C3-4A55-A693-55FF41B0F099.jpeg

Day 35 from planting, day 31 from above soil:

each plant received 1/4 tsp (1.25ml) fishmix, 1 tsp (5ml) root juice mixed in 2 L of water.

Will get some updated pics tomorrow maybe.

Cheers growbros and growgals!
:pass:

31 days after planting and 27 from above ground.

Gave each pot a full water until runoff (about 3L of water plus 2.5 ML of rootjuice for each).

Also got some shots of the cylinder shaped yellow/brown bugs and a white colored gnat type bug.

White bug (likes to hang out on underside of the leaves):
View attachment 910903

Yellow cylinder bugs (all over both plants):
View attachment 910904

View attachment 910905
Looks like you have some thrips. If you can find some Montgomery Spinoza or a spray that has that in it with some organic oils it will knock those thrips out real quick. They have a growth stage down in your soil, so another way to deal with them is to put an inch or two of whale washed clay Pebbles over the top of your pot.. that acts as a barrier then they don't get down in there and reproduce.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back