Looks like you have some thrips. If you can find some Montgomery Spinoza or a spray that has that in it with some organic oils it will knock those thrips out real quick. They have a growth stage down in your soil, so another way to deal with them is to put an inch or two of whale washed clay Pebbles over the top of your pot.. that acts as a barrier then they don't get down in there and reproduce.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Thank you so much for the insight Jingo! I’ve been trying to figure out what the hell those cylinder shaped bugs were for weeks.

I’ll look for the Montgomery Spinoza. In the meantime I think I’m going to hit the plants with some neem oil (which I already have on hand) spray every few days. Hopefully that will wack them good.

Thank you so much for the insight Jingo! I’ve been trying to figure out what the hell those cylinder shaped bugs were for weeks.

I’ll look for the Montgomery Spinoza. In the meantime I think I’m going to hit the plants with some neem oil (which I already have on hand) spray every few days. Hopefully that will wack them good.
Neem oil will work well be sure to hit the top of the growing medium also. You might even hit the tent little bit around the pots just to make sure, Idk

Neem oil will work well be sure to hit the top of the growing medium also. You might even hit the tent little bit around the pots just to make sure, Idk

Good thinkin! Within the next hr or two I’m going to spray both girls all around top of leaves, bottom of leaves, and stems (including top soil and containers) with the following mix:

1 tsp of neem oil and 1/2 tsp of liquid dish soap to 1 L of water.

Here are some updated shots of the girls...

Day 37 from planting seeds.

Foxfarm:
image.jpg

Side view:
image.jpg

Supersoil:
image.jpg

Side view (a little taller than the fox farm and perhaps a different pheonotype as well):
image.jpg

Also some white pistols showing up on both:
image.jpg

Last edited:
6/2/18, day 39 from planting, day 35 from above ground:

added 1.25ml fishmix, 1.25ml biobloom, 5ml rootjuice to 1.5L of water for each plant (small runoff in foxfarms but no runoff for living soil). May add another 0.5 L of water today or tomorrow. Its been in the 90’s, windy, and low humidity (20%) lately.

Last edited:
6/3/18, day 40 from planting:

Due to recent hot and dry weather (in the 90s with about 20% RH) I gave each plant 1L of tap water and also a good coating from the neem oil/dish soap spray to keep the bugs at bay. This should be enough water for the next few days.

Last edited:
Hey man nice plants and detailed journal. I've heard great things about SkyWalker. Subbed most definitely.

Have you considered introducing predatory iinsects into your garden? I've heard great things about the rove beetle and green lacewing larvae. You can order them online.

Hey bud....can i convince you to move your thread to the outdoor section so i can see this more often? I find myself too busy to scan the newb section...let me know if you want it moved.
Yes please feel free to move it, it would be much appreciated! I was just thinking the other day that I should have posted it in the outdoor section as that’s where I spend most of my time. Thanks for checkin in bro!
:thanks:

Today is actually six weeks (42 days) from planting the seeds so I figured now is a great day to snap some new shots of the girls.

Foxfarm on the right with supersoil on the left (with a business card for scale). Foxy is a little shorter but is more bushy with more branches.

image.jpg

Young flowers (foxy):
image.jpg

You g flowers (supersoil, was serendipitously greeted by a honeybee while taking this shot!!):
image.jpg

image.jpg

Hey man nice plants and detailed journal. I've heard great things about SkyWalker. Subbed most definitely.

Have you considered introducing predatory iinsects into your garden? I've heard great things about the rove beetle and green lacewing larvae. You can order them online.
Thanks dude!

I’ve been thinking about introducing some predatory bugs but wasn’t sure where to get them so I’m glad to hear you can get them online. Good looking out and I will def get some!!

Please give yourself one of these for me
:bighug:

Cheers!
:pass:

Back