25F266DC-D10E-4F13-97E8-9AC22999F58D.jpeg

BD965A86-17FC-4DA6-8441-841F778AD306.jpeg

Day 14 from above soil, day 18 from planting seed. Just did a light water (no runoff).

Added the DE a few days ago and it seemed to do the trick on the bugs I was seeing.

3986C483-B43A-4B87-9F1A-BD17F7F9E900.jpeg
day 22 from planting, day 18 from above soil - did a full watering until runoff

One of the girls (see bottom pic: planted in foxfarm ocean forest soil) still looks all weird (a lot of the leaves curl back into themselves). We’ll see how she responds to the watering. I had to remove some bugs from her the other day (there were light green/transparent bugs attached to the stem in a few locations).

E1800AF0-DDD9-453A-AAE7-A7834F55E641.jpeg
EDB80463-381D-44AC-BC69-68F39C977FC5.jpeg

Last edited:
You wouldn't happen to have a close up of that plant with the funky leaves would you? The bugs you were describing are aphids and they will definitely cause your leaves to twist and they suck the juice out of your plant is what they do.

If you find any ladybugs around stick them on the plant to eat all those aphids up for you. Otherwise you might have to look at some kind of oil based or soap based insecticide. Well there's a few things other than oil or soap based. Once you know for sure if you're just dealing with aphids or if you have something else then I guess you can decide on an insecticide.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hey FB, sorry I hadn't been around lately, but the arthritis in my hands/fingers has limited my activity. :hump:
I actually purchased lady bugs for my outdoor grows. I didn't see but a few out of a 1000 a few days later, but they took care of those nasty critters before they left!:headbang:

You wouldn't happen to have a close up of that plant with the funky leaves would you? The bugs you were describing are aphids and they will definitely cause your leaves to twist and they suck the juice out of your plant is what they do.

If you find any ladybugs around stick them on the plant to eat all those aphids up for you. Otherwise you might have to look at some kind of oil based or soap based insecticide. Well there's a few things other than oil or soap based. Once you know for sure if you're just dealing with aphids or if you have something else then I guess you can decide on an insecticide.

Ok thanks for identifying those bugs for me!! As I was watching them I remember thinking they looked like lil vampires sucking from the stems. She def doesn’t look as healthy as her sister. I’ll grab some neem oil just in case. Those fuckers didn’t seem to mind the DE very much. They would get stuck to it momentarily but could get free.

I don’t have a close up of the sick plant on hand but ill try to get one tomorrow. Appreciate the insight.
Hey FB, sorry I hadn't been around lately, but the arthritis in my hands/fingers has limited my activity. :hump:
I actually purchased lady bugs for my outdoor grows. I didn't see but a few out of a 1000 a few days later, but they took care of those nasty critters before they left!:headbang:
Sending positive vibes your way, hope your arthritis gets better. Thanks for the heads up on the lady bugs!
:vibes:

Not sure if it would help with your arthritis but moringa leaf powder (mix a teaspoon or two with juice or hot water to make a tea) is packed with antioxidants and anti inflammatories.

Ok thanks for identifying those bugs for me!! As I was watching them I remember thinking they looked like lil vampires sucking from the stems. She def doesn’t look as healthy as her sister. I’ll grab some neem oil just in case. Those fuckers didn’t seem to mind the DE very much. They would get stuck to it momentarily but could get free.

I don’t have a close up of the sick plant on hand but ill try to get one tomorrow. Appreciate the insight.

Sending positive vibes your way, hope your arthritis gets better. Thanks for the heads up on the lady bugs!
:vibes:

Not sure if it would help with your arthritis but moringa leaf powder (mix a teaspoon or two with juice or hot water to make a tea) is packed with antioxidants and anti inflammatories.
Thanks for the heads up on the moringa leaf powder. I'll try to find some next time I'm in the big city, or I could order it online I bet! I just bought some organic coconut oil to infuse with raw cannabis. Just waiting to chop Brenda for her sugar leaves and popcorn buds. Anywho, thanks for the positive vibes and keep keeping it green! :greenthumb:

Thanks for the heads up on the moringa leaf powder. I'll try to find some next time I'm in the big city, or I could order it online I bet! I just bought some organic coconut oil to infuse with raw cannabis. Just waiting to chop Brenda for her sugar leaves and popcorn buds. Anywho, thanks for the positive vibes and keep keeping it green! :greenthumb:
Of course! That coconut oil/cannabis concoction sounds like it will do you right.

Yep you can find moringa leaf powder in most health food stores like a Sprouts, Whole Foods, etc. or you can also get it online.

There are a few good options on amazon here:
Amazon product

And here:
Amazon product

But my favorite comes from a family farm in southern cal:
http://moringaforlife.com/?products=bulk-moringa-leaf-powder

Cheers!

Hey @jingo here’s a close up of the plant with the funky leaves (the older leaves all have a curl at the end but the newer growth looks pretty normal:

image.jpg

View from above:
image.jpg

Hey @jingo here’s a close up of the plant with the funky leaves (the older leaves all have a curl at the end but the newer growth looks pretty normal:

View attachment 907482

View from above:
View attachment 907483
With those white specks I could see in the other picture I was a little worried you might have spider mites, but it looks like very typical aphid damage so you should be fine when you get those taken care of.

Back