Outdoor First time grow - northern lights - auto - outdoor

You're actually not supposed to feed dry plants: great way to burn them with a strong feed! Gotta water them first and then feed. Your plants look good, though, and red stems can be a deficiency. IMO you have the very start of a nitrogen deficiency showing
I thought a cycle of wet/dry soil was good for them? And to be honest when ive said 2x nutes and stuff thats going by what i chose as the starting point. On the packs it says 3-4ml per L and when i say 1x i use 0.5ml per L so i don't think I'm ever going to cause much burning etc. I read that autos are less nute-hungry so i wanted to be on the safe side

Plants 1 & 2

5362a8e53d13fb0523b47f7cbfc31cf4.jpg

Plants 3 & 4

000703e3867e98422897dad665aadca5.jpg

Plants 5 & 6

34c268c3a0570477a6768e5af4ac0cf4.jpg

Plant 1 close ups

13eb9092ee62cf6e33719ac9e6574541.jpg

d19d339b2c4f9c0529b1dbe637368c1e.jpg

15fac87f23707d47c8d021282501c4cb.jpg

Tomorrow im back in england for 4 days, fed today and hoping they will be okay when im back. Weather report reckons its gonna be colder and rainier than usual over this weekend so was really thrown again about what to do with them. I was gonna leave the tent open but have now opted for a bit of a DIY solution. Pegged the bottom of the tent open a little just so that it will have some kind of airflow and the majority of the tent is still closed to try and keep warm in the nights

74a002e9268698c3face2df93b925b33.jpg

Plants 1 & 2

5362a8e53d13fb0523b47f7cbfc31cf4.jpg

Plants 3 & 4

000703e3867e98422897dad665aadca5.jpg

Plants 5 & 6

34c268c3a0570477a6768e5af4ac0cf4.jpg

Plant 1 close ups

13eb9092ee62cf6e33719ac9e6574541.jpg

d19d339b2c4f9c0529b1dbe637368c1e.jpg

15fac87f23707d47c8d021282501c4cb.jpg

Tomorrow im back in england for 4 days, fed today and hoping they will be okay when im back. Weather report reckons its gonna be colder and rainier than usual over this weekend so was really thrown again about what to do with them. I was gonna leave the tent open but have now opted for a bit of a DIY solution. Pegged the bottom of the tent open a little just so that it will have some kind of airflow and the majority of the tent is still closed to try and keep warm in the nights

74a002e9268698c3face2df93b925b33.jpg

I wouldn't change a thing pal. You seem to have the nutes bang on to me. I fed double but half as often, different size pot. Looks like the stretch has just finished? N needs will lesson comparatively now we're in full flower and no longer stretching. Nice transition bro! :woohoo1::woohoo::woohoo1:

I wouldn't change a thing pal. You seem to have the nutes bang on to me. I fed double but half as often, different size pot. Looks like the stretch has just finished? N needs will lesson comparatively now we're in full flower and no longer stretching. Nice transition bro! :woohoo1::woohoo::woohoo1:
Cheers mate! Yeah double what im feeding is what the bottles recommend anyways! Which is good for what i wanted too as i could go higher without worrying too much..
Dont think theyre stretching any more, plant 5 is looking the same as the first with the frosty bits coming through so the others will be close behind... they are massive plants lmao

Yeah im gonna do what you said before and keep feeding them a small amount of the fish mix so they get some N in their diet while focusing more on the bloom nutes. They do seem to have transitioned well im very happy with how theyre turning out!

What u reckon on the tent bro?? Hoping they wont suffer too much while im away :pass:

Cheers mate! Yeah double what im feeding is what the bottles recommend anyways! Which is good for what i wanted too as i could go higher without worrying too much..
Dont think theyre stretching any more, plant 5 is looking the same as the first with the frosty bits coming through so the others will be close behind... they are massive plants lmao

Yeah im gonna do what you said before and keep feeding them a small amount of the fish mix so they get some N in their diet while focusing more on the bloom nutes. They do seem to have transitioned well im very happy with how theyre turning out!

What u reckon on the tent bro?? Hoping they wont suffer too much while im away :pass:

I'd close it more, leave a smaller gap. Are you able to do same on opposite side?

I'd close it more, leave a smaller gap. Are you able to do same on opposite side?
Ill half the gap then, really cant make my mind up on wtf to do lmao one day i think open next i think closed, i think pegging it like that has got to be the best bet.
Nah mate only one side has the zippers but i think the wind should do a half decent job of circulating the air

I thought a cycle of wet/dry soil was good for them? And to be honest when ive said 2x nutes and stuff thats going by what i chose as the starting point. On the packs it says 3-4ml per L and when i say 1x i use 0.5ml per L so i don't think I'm ever going to cause much burning etc. I read that autos are less nute-hungry so i wanted to be on the safe side

Sorry mate, must have been smoking when I read your comment since I totally misread what you said. lol.

I have had much better results going with constant moisture over my last few grows--otherwise I have a tendency to let them get too dry, and they wilt. Also, when they dry out, the soil pH swings since the salt concentration increases dramatically. Just the way I do things and lots of people swear by wet/dry cycles. I've just found them not to work for me. ;) Your plants look great! Nute issues are much more likely to show up in flowering. I've got too much P or K and too little N, but I just gave them a good feed (1/4 strength like you!) and they're greening up. I was trying to keep the N up with worm castings alone, but it wasn't enough N I suppose.

Sorry mate, must have been smoking when I read your comment since I totally misread what you said. lol.

I have had much better results going with constant moisture over my last few grows--otherwise I have a tendency to let them get too dry, and they wilt. Also, when they dry out, the soil pH swings since the salt concentration increases dramatically. Just the way I do things and lots of people swear by wet/dry cycles. I've just found them not to work for me. ;) Your plants look great! Nute issues are much more likely to show up in flowering. I've got too much P or K and too little N, but I just gave them a good feed (1/4 strength like you!) and they're greening up. I was trying to keep the N up with worm castings alone, but it wasn't enough N I suppose.
All good mate appreciate the input cause any knowledge helps me out lol!!

Yeah mine have wilted a few times too i think i might be better off watering a little earlier than i have been.. when i started i was definitely over watering so i think going on the opposite end of the scale and slightly under watering has helped me grasp an idea of how it works

i haven't tested the ph of the run off water once only the water/nute mix (i use a liquid ph solution tester so would be a little awkward), and i haven't tested any thing for ppm (not even too sure what it's about but i seen others mentioning this).. but luckily i haven't seen hardly any issues the whole way through the growth. Hopefully it will continue with the future grows too, planning on getting some better bits for future grows too as ive enjoyed it so far and being able to test all the conditions would obviously be better.

The 1/4 strength mix and using the lower concentrations of nutes in general started as a safe bet but it seems to have worked lovely! Think ill continue doing it on future grows and gonna do a lot more research on the whole NPK thing so im clearer on what's happening.

Back in Spain tomorrow so here's hoping they survived being alone!!! Fingers crossed!

All good mate appreciate the input cause any knowledge helps me out lol!!

Yeah mine have wilted a few times too i think i might be better off watering a little earlier than i have been.. when i started i was definitely over watering so i think going on the opposite end of the scale and slightly under watering has helped me grasp an idea of how it works

i haven't tested the ph of the run off water once only the water/nute mix (i use a liquid ph solution tester so would be a little awkward), and i haven't tested any thing for ppm (not even too sure what it's about but i seen others mentioning this).. but luckily i haven't seen hardly any issues the whole way through the growth. Hopefully it will continue with the future grows too, planning on getting some better bits for future grows too as ive enjoyed it so far and being able to test all the conditions would obviously be better.

The 1/4 strength mix and using the lower concentrations of nutes in general started as a safe bet but it seems to have worked lovely! Think ill continue doing it on future grows and gonna do a lot more research on the whole NPK thing so im clearer on what's happening.

Back in Spain tomorrow so here's hoping they survived being alone!!! Fingers crossed!

Suerte! Ojala que tus ninyas estan bien!

Back