Outdoor First time grow - northern lights - auto - outdoor

@High'n'Dry @daylighting
Appreciate yours & everyone elses interest a lot! Its made starting a grow journal and growing in general much easier and definitely has helped with keeping me motivated!

DAY 70 since seeds were planted

Came back very late last night (early hours this morning) and had a quick peak. I left the tent open an hour or so to make sure they had fresh air then closed back up for the warmth.
Good news though! Most plants lowest sets of fan leaves are yellowing, look like theyre dying off. However the plants have definitely survived, and they all have surprised me with lovely buds all over! They are all looking how plant 1 has been, and plant 1 looks even better! Only one of the plants ([HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] i think) is not quite there yet however that is one of the biggest, and the smallest ones are the furthest along so im guessing thats a thing.

Im not stressing too much over the bad sets of leaves, left them on, and wont be worrying too much about the cause as i know i left them in harsh conditions (too cold at night, too hot in day, restricted airflows etc). A GIANT caterpillar had a feast on some too, so got rid of him. Some leaves have burn marks, which im expecting is because my last feed was also my strongest. Today i fed them 0.5x veg, 1.25x bloom as i didnt have any issues from doing 1.5x and wanted it to be slightly weaker.

Ive taken more pictures than usual so its clearer how far along each is

Group photo

5a8dd1d77fb0cf9f5efd732d005f05b6.jpg

Plant 1 close up - plants 1 & 2 - plant 2 close up

6457a0b9324a17afcaf62251a649411d.jpg
f01a69c0a89907016da9f115ffff069d.jpg
cf39efa541248f8f8095ee5c5b10bac4.jpg

Plant 3 close up - plants 3 & 4 - plant 4 close up

7111972be36b443cb2d1e3ea1146f0e3.jpg
7e81c6f162d0dc25259402cf023f0798.jpg
6d26b21752dbc521db27c587e8d20ab9.jpg

Plant 5 close up - plants 5 & 6 - plant 6 close up

a240d60ab5ddc5bf5c5e12f7ea8afd86.jpg
acd9c2e94c2f7fe2c44ae9a4b95d51c6.jpg
7c044b86a7dffe89258155bf3fb7896b.jpg

Last edited:
They're looking good! Those are going to be some fat colas! I'd ease back on the grow food at this time though as they look like they're well into flowering and probly done stretching. Too much N lowers potency and can lead to a higher leaf-to-calyx ratio. The lower leaf death thing is perfectly calm and to be expected.

They're looking good! Those are going to be some fat colas! I'd ease back on the grow food at this time though as they look like they're well into flowering and probly done stretching. Too much N lowers potency and can lead to a higher leaf-to-calyx ratio. The lower leaf death thing is perfectly calm and to be expected.

I think he only gave .25ml/L grow last and given that they've another 3-4 weeks I'd be tempted to stick as is for another week? What do you think?

I think he only gave .25ml/L grow last and given that they've another 3-4 weeks I'd be tempted to stick as is for another week? What do you think?

Yeah, that sounds like a good compromise. He gave them a strong feed last time though and got some tip burn, so I might skip a feed to let them use up what they have before hitting them with more.

Yeah, that sounds like a good compromise. He gave them a strong feed last time though and got some tip burn, so I might skip a feed to let them use up what they have before hitting them with more.

Strong feed then left for a week, then dropped feed a touch when he got back I think. Correct me if I'm wrong @daleday

Oh, the dying leaf thing can also be a sign of rootbound, but it doesn't sound like he's watering every day just yet! I've got bigger pots in me grow tent than he does on his rooftop! ;)

I also spy his purple lighter. :D He's been smoking around his girls!

I suspect the majority of yellowing is due to no feed for a week with some down to flowering. 33% of my tent is yellow though so what do I know lol :rofl:

My advice has mostly been 'keep doing what you're doing' haha. I arrived after he lollipop'd em though :crying:

Just my 2c, if he's still using biobizz I'd up the nutes! At this stage of life I would still be giving 2ml/Ltr of grow plus bloom. Biobizz is very mild stuff and pretty hard to overdo it in reasonable amounts. I try and keep my leaves in as best shape as possible for as long as I can, imo yellowing of bottom leaves this early in flower shouldn't be occurring if avoidable.

Just my 2c, if he's still using biobizz I'd up the nutes! At this stage of life I would still be giving 2ml/Ltr of grow plus bloom. Biobizz is very mild stuff and pretty hard to overdo it in reasonable amounts. I try and keep my leaves in as best shape as possible for as long as I can, imo yellowing of bottom leaves this early in flower shouldn't be occurring if avoidable.

I would agree but last feed before going away gave a little nute burn. My thinking is they've gotten used to little and often due to small pot size and yellowed, due mostly, to no feed for a week. I certainly smashed my girls with higher amounts of both when using biobizz but watered half as often. I'm very much still alearner as you know though :pass::smokeout:

Back