Indoor First Grow - starting late

Just curious why you're doing LST? I read about it but was scared on my first grow. Now that I am nearing the end I think it may of been then right choice with Blue Dream. It is mostly sativa and the nugs are all well spaced and lots of light gets through. It will be interesting to see how yours end up. I will be watching to the end. Best of luck!
No real reason besides controlling the height. Looks like it'll produce more though

Day 22 BD day 17 AH. Today they were fed 1/4 strength FF Big Bloom and epsom salt. Think things are looking pretty good. The BD is so bushy it has leaves that touch the soil. Should I remove these? Any one have any knowledge with something like this?

Attachments

• IMG_5209.JPG
    IMG_5209.JPG
    222.5 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_5210.JPG
    IMG_5210.JPG
    205 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_5211.JPG
    IMG_5211.JPG
    206.2 KB · Views: 111
Watch you don't train the plants to close to the soil. Don't worry about letting them grow a bit then training. They are looking nice. Good work.

What @Uro says, is good advice.

I trained early on my very first grow and my plants looked just like that.

When you bend her, she will pout for a day or 2, and 1st leaves may lay on soil. It makes for a PITA when watering
I wouldn't remove any leaves, right now. Keep in mind, those leaves touching soil will probably get discolored, later on.

Like @Yeatster said try not to remove any leaves until you see a problem with it. If you feel a leaf is in the way try bending or tucking it under another first. More leaves the faster your plant will grow. They suck the light rays. Photosynthesis I think. If you start hacking leaves the plant is not sucking as much in.

There is nothing wrong with your plants. They are green, healthy and going very well. There is no sign of leaf tip burn, leaf spotting or anything that is a cause for concern. Don't worry too much on the pH of the soil. Soil will buffer the soil pH. I've stopped pH testing my soil by run off. I was always trying to get the "correct" pH and just chasing trouble around. I started using the Accurate 8 soil pH probe. I found the soil is always between 6.5 and 7. Let your soil do the work. The West Coast Horticulture nutrient line that I have been using is pH perfect and certified Organic.
Your plants are doing well....:greenthumb:

A little early on the LST, but..they seem to be no worse for wear. I usually LST on the 3rd or 4th node. Letting the air circulate under the plant is necessary and after awhile you'll be trimming all that growth as they mature. Super Cropping is also an excellent way to keep them short w/o the all the work of LST tying.

Last edited:
Back