Indoor First Grow - starting late

Was under the impression elemental sulfur would lower the soil's ph. I'll do the epsom salt
Then you would want sublimed sulfur. It works slow compared to aluminum sulfate. Or just bite the bullet and buy PH Down. A bottle will last you a long time and you know what to expect.
Like Baylee said, keep it simple.
:pass:

Then you would want sublimed sulfur. It works slow compared to aluminum sulfate. Or just bite the bullet and buy PH Down. A bottle will last you a long time and you know what to expect.
Like Baylee said, keep it simple.
Ok so add epsom salt AND ph down? Or just one of them? Also (I'm a total newbie), I didn't know ph down could control the soils ph, I thought that was just for the water. Or does the ph of the water affect the ph of the soil? I'm still learning, but basically I have a soil ph meter and it reads a little over 7 and I'd like to drop that to 6.2 to 6.7 range. Is this how I would do it ?

Ok so add epsom salt AND ph down? Or just one of them? Also (I'm a total newbie), I didn't know ph down could control the soils ph, I thought that was just for the water. Or does the ph of the water affect the ph of the soil? I'm still learning, but basically I have a soil ph meter and it reads a little over 7 and I'd like to drop that to 6.2 to 6.7 range. Is this how I would do it ?

Yes The elemental sulfur method you are looking at takes time, months and is mainly beneficial if used preplanned ahead of time for major drops in ph like the 4.5 that blue berries like... it is a bacteriological process of conversion to sulfuric acid and It is not instant*. Should the PH Down, for some reason, not balance you out, then aluminum sulfate would give you quicker results but has the danger of aluminum toxicity without known dosage to administer..
The fewer additives, the easier to diagnose if things go south.
For the future, when ready to re-up on nutes, take a look at the Advanced Nutrient Sensei line. They are PH perfect and takes the whole PH issue away in general. Using Tangs lite schedule, [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] below has sure upped my game. My ph pen quit last year and I don't even miss it. I'm not expert, just reading as I type and learn along with you..

* http://msue.anr.msu.edu/uploads/files/Lowering_Soil_pH_with_Sulfur.pdf

[HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] https://www.autoflower.org/threads/tangs-easy-auto-feeding-schedule.47290/

Last edited:
Yes The elemental sulfur method you are looking at takes time, months and is mainly beneficial if used preplanned ahead of time for major drops in ph like the 4.5 that blue berries like... it is a bacteriological process of conversion to sulfuric acid and It is not instant*. Should the PH Down, for some reason, not balance you out, then aluminum sulfate would give you quicker results but has the danger of aluminum toxicity without known dosage to administer..
The fewer additives, the easier to diagnose if things go south.
For the future, when ready to re-up on nutes, take a look at the Advanced Nutrient Sensei line. They are PH perfect and takes the whole PH issue away in general. Using Tangs lite schedule, [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] below has sure upped my game. My ph pen quit last year and I don't even miss it. I'm not expert, just reading as I type.

* http://msue.anr.msu.edu/uploads/files/Lowering_Soil_pH_with_Sulfur.pdf

[HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] https://www.autoflower.org/threads/tangs-easy-auto-feeding-schedule.47290/
Ok so it's fox farm ocean forrest soil and the fox farm trio nutrients that I currently have. I can't change the soil now but I can buy the advanced nutrients in that feeding and use the fox farm stuff on my tomatoes this year. Will those nutrients be ok in the ffof?

The injured blue dream seems to be doing ok. Here she is my poor baby. I hope she is feeling better

Attachments

• IMG_5205.JPG
    IMG_5205.JPG
    237.1 KB · Views: 118
Day 20 for BD and 15 for AH

Attachments

• IMG_5203.JPG
    IMG_5203.JPG
    219.2 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_5204.JPG
    IMG_5204.JPG
    240.9 KB · Views: 90
Day 20 for BD and 15 for AH
Just curious why you're doing LST? I read about it but was scared on my first grow. Now that I am nearing the end I think it may of been then right choice with Blue Dream. It is mostly sativa and the nugs are all well spaced and lots of light gets through. It will be interesting to see how yours end up. I will be watching to the end. Best of luck!

Back