Indoor First Grow - starting late

Thanks. I'm thinking of drilling a few more holes in the bottoms of the pots for drainage. I don't know how they aren't completely dried out yet but they aren't. Obviously still growing ok, but when I see people watering twice a week, and I've watered once in two weeks, makes me think I need better drainage. Also any advice on lst? When to start/should I even bother/methods/etc

@Frank Rizzo you mentioned ffof soil. I didn't know there was a soilless choice...

How much did you water 2 weeks ago?
What do you have for drainage atm?

There are many variables to consider, while comparing to others. Temps, RH, medium, air circulation, etc...

It is early yet. Don't expect them to be drinking much. 100ml a day...maybe.

As for LST A- Train has done some nice tutorials. Also BigSmo is doing one right now. I will grab his link later on and share with you. You can ask him questions about training. He is a great guy and very helpful.

@Frank Rizzo you mentioned ffof soil. I didn't know there was a soilless choice...

How much did you water 2 weeks ago?
What do you have for drainage atm?

There are many variables to consider, while comparing to others. Temps, RH, medium, air circulation, etc...
I watered until what I felt was 20% run off. Cheap plastic pots which I won't do next time but they have 4 drainage holes on the sides by the bottom. I was thinking the pots could use another two holes each directly in the bottom and not the sides

I watered until what I felt was 20% run off. Cheap plastic pots which I won't do next time but they have 4 drainage holes on the sides by the bottom. I was thinking the pots could use another two holes each directly in the bottom and not the sides
Yeah, you could drill a couple more holes. Better now than later. Don't want to disturb roots at all. Careful.

I try to water as if I am in a smaller pot in the beginning. If you soak your pot you will definitely be waiting a while to water again.

I'm no pro, by any stretch man. I have tried many different ways to water seedlings. The one I will stick with is, water a small amount (100ml) in a small circle around the plant, increasing amounts and diameter as she grows.

You're just going to have to wait. I wouldn't worry to much, they look healthy bro

I also use soilless medium. Promix.

If you want to gather some traffic in here to get more than my opinion on things, you should head over to Live Stoners, introduce yourself and pimp your journal. Later on might be a better time though. Ghost town now probly

Yeah, you could drill a couple more holes. Better now than later. Don't want to disturb roots at all. Careful.

I try to water as if I am in a smaller pot in the beginning. If you soak your pot you will definitely be waiting a while to water again.

I'm no pro, by any stretch man. I have tried many different ways to water seedlings. The one I will stick with is, water a small amount (100ml) in a small circle around the plant, increasing amounts and diameter as she grows.

You're just going to have to wait. I wouldn't worry to much, they look healthy bro

If you want to gather some traffic in here to get more than my opinion on things, you should head over to Live Stoners, introduce yourself and pimp your journal. Later on might be a better time though. Ghost town now probly
This is an issue and I'm not sure what's causing it

Attachments

• IMG_5175.JPG
    IMG_5175.JPG
    258.3 KB · Views: 110

I use ffof it's not soilless

Is it possible you spilled a drop in it, when watering? That spot was visible in yesterday's pics.

If you are referring to the funny camo look...I have had that. Nothing to worry about.

Back