New Grower first grow, nycd + blue cheese scrog

Hey @hashead like @archie gemmill say's 40% is good. Most people would go 40% - 50% throughout flowering but later flowering phase some like to drop Rh to around 30% or less to force extra resin production (I have no experience of this or how well it works) But as you are under CFL's your buds will probably be a little on the airy side, problems of mould should be reduced considerably with good air flow :biggrin:

Cheers for the help lads, after a lot of pricking around ive managed to get it sitting around 30% and temps are 22-32c, with a light breeze blowing through the canopy.

I also twigged the dehumidifier is 220w! But I NEED it for its heat aswell as dehumidifying. (Its gotten cold and damp!) So I looked into cutting my lighting hours and found people generally use 18/6 or 20/4. Couldnt find alot on switching from 24/0 to 18/6 tho, so I just went for it. Fingers crossed!

So day 71, the girls are getting 1lt of full strength nutes a day (.5 in the morn and .5 at night)

The blue cheese is getting stinky and frosty! I think the defol may have slowed her down but the calyx' have started to swell.
IMG_20171110_122156.jpg

My nyc has stopped stretching, I havent had to train her in bout a week. Showing loadsa pistils and some trichs :)
IMG_20171110_122207.jpg

The bc and nyc clones I took are still alive. The bc has hermied tho, so she got seperated. Is hermied pollen any good for making seeds? If used to pollinate a a feminized female? The hermie traits are definitely shock induced rather than genetic.
IMG_20171110_122308.jpg

IMG_20171110_122410.jpg

As for the nyc, shes just plodding along, I reckon itll just be a pretty lil nug lol
IMG_20171110_122250.jpg

Any idea what the yellow on the leaves fringe is? Its getting the same feed as its mother

Ill keep yas posted

Attachments

• IMG_20171110_122250.jpg
    IMG_20171110_122250.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 50
looking good and getting frosty.
24/0,20/4,18/6 just what people feel comfy with.i run 19/5 just to be odd.
nice video,cheers.
:pighug:

So day 77, winters definitely here!! Poor girls only getting 23c at best and theres not a lot I can do about it :nonono:

Flower growth/fattening has slowed... But they seem to be frosting up nicely (maybe to protect itself from the cold?) I had a feel of the blue cheese tho and its pretty dense. Just gotta wait and see I guess :hurry: lol

So in an effort to make em more comfortable, I lowered my light and (tediously) rearranged the tops on my nyc. For both warmth and lumens.
IMG_20171116_151405.jpg

All in all I reckon im still gonna be happy with the end results. Tho I think I either need a smaller box (yea right) or some supplementary lighting. 4x24w cfl or led? 2 either side, prob build a new reflector to fit em all.

Anyway, ill keep yas posted

Not far off now, looking good :thumbsup:!! I gotta keep my lights on 24/0 to stay at optimal temps still I have a long ride ahead maybe new years eve to finish up haha. You can usually find clip on light socket and plug at a hardware store for a few £, I clip them around my reflector if needed.

s-l640.jpg

Day 79, solved the heat situation! A crappy lil 100w halogen light and my temps are back up around 28-30c! And an extra bit of light lol this grow has definitely been a serious learning experience!

Ive been using warm water for making my feeds to try keep the roots comfy and adding a half a teaspoon of agave syrup (no molasses) to help feed microbes in the soil.

Next round; perlite, root juice and algamic are a must! Along with an extra 100 watts of cfls and a list of gadgets as long as my arm!

Anyway here the are, I must say I am pleased, even after all the set backs!

Bc filling out a little and feeling dense
IMG_20171118_170207.jpg

My abused middle child is really out doing her sis!
IMG_20171118_170222.jpg

And her sis, a lotta tops but not a lotta weight on em
IMG_20171118_170230.jpg

So im torn, I really wanna have my own homegrown for xmas ie. The bc, but dont wanna cut too early. What do ye reckon, im thinking start with plain water on the 23rd and cut on the 1st? Let my nyc go till around new years?

Ill keep yas posted

Day 81, the urge to cut is killing me! It may just need to be satisfied lol
I think the nyc still needs several weeks before shes near ready, but ms cheese just looks and smells soooo good!
Made up a diy cold pressed seaweed extract, started adding 1ml to their regular feed, as of yesterday. Fingers crossed!

So pics, the bc has been released from its bindings!
IMG_20171121_200302.jpg

And the nyc had been trained in the fill the space and level the tops
IMG_20171121_200254.jpg

Im glad ive another 3 nyc seeds to go with next, she seems to work well in a scrog.

I'll keep ye posted

Back