New Grower First grow, humbolt caramel cream (8-3-22)

If every photo you take of your grow contains an advertisement for the tent manufacturer, I think they should pay you to use the tent. Or pay you a bonus for each photo published containing their logo, like equipment manufacturers do for professional surfers, skiers, and other athletes.

Thanks for sharing yr grows!

FWIW, I feel like poking hoes through the soil like that isn't the best practice. I feel like you're more likely to damage the roots than help them.
If your soil isn't letting water soak through easily its probably become hydrophobic, no matter how how you water there will be pockets of peat that will not hold any water and the roots there will die. A wetting agent/surfactant like yucca powder/extract will reverse the hydrophobia. I use Nectar for the God hygeia hydration, others use Build a Soil Quillaja or RAW Yucca powder. May be worth a look.[/

If every photo you take of your grow contains an advertisement for the tent manufacturer, I think they should pay you to use the tent. Or pay you a bonus for each photo published containing their logo, like equipment manufacturers do for professional surfers, skiers, and other athletes.

Thanks for sharing yr grows!
Yeah I dont need to be one of the aci sponsered dbags I see on the internet, the thought of advert money isnt bad though. Everyone I see beside a select group who rep ac are tools. But the products are great regardless

Flowering day 8
Most of the people following me already know I may have watered with some slightly spoiled fert mix that I mixed about a week ago. Hoping it doesnt hurt her. Didnt notice until i started pouring into the pot it was stinky. It was probably about 1/4 gal mixed with 1/2 gallon of stuff that was still ok and by the time I noticed the smell I had already used about half of what I put in my watering can so fingers crossed. Anyway heres some pics of the girl
20221016_194603.jpg

20221016_194607.jpg

20221016_194011.jpg

Calyxs are starting to stack up pretty nice, white hairs popping out all over. More in the front of the tent than in the back though. But it is what it is. Oh I also left my f'ing basement lights on last night. Im pretty sure no light got into the tent, but I really gotta stop smoking before I check in on my tent, one of these times Im gonna f up big time.

Flowering day 10
So according to the strain info, this girl should only flower for 60 days on average. 10 down 50 to go.

The stretch is going like crazy. From the start of flower to now she closed half the gap between the canopy and light. I had lowered it to help raise the dli and ppfd withougt boosting the power consumption, down to about 24" above the canopy and now theres probably 12-14"

20221018_193723.jpg

20221018_193548.jpg

20221018_193611.jpg

Shes chugging along
Was suppose to upload last night. Smoked up and forgot to finish the post! Starting to develop a gassy odor too!

FWIW, I feel like poking hoes through the soil like that isn't the best practice. I feel like you're more likely to damage the roots than help them.
If your soil isn't letting water soak through easily its probably become hydrophobic, no matter how how you water there will be pockets of peat that will not hold any water and the roots there will die. A wetting agent/surfactant like yucca powder/extract will reverse the hydrophobia. I use Nectar for the God hygeia hydration, others use Build a Soil Quillaja or RAW Yucca powder. May be worth a look.[/
I didnt even see this, I do add yucca but its only once every few weeks with the fox farm sledgehammer flushes. During flower its suppose to be every 3 weeks but I think Im gonna do it every other. Seems like this stuff just becomes hydrophobic more and more quickly. Picking up actual yucca powder before I start my next run though

Flowering day 11
Got home from work today and Im liking the way my plant is looking. Watered 1 gal today. Pot was super light but still damp looking almost all the way down.
Sides of my square bag have come away from the edges of the soil so I can peak basically all the way down to the bottom.
20221019_195642.jpg

View attachment 20221019_195626.jpg

Last edited:
Back