New Grower First grow, humbolt caramel cream (8-3-22)

Flowering day 12
Plants looking ok. bud sites are starting to expand. More pistils poking out all over.

This is honestly the best hobby. Watching this thing change day by day during flower is exciting. I cannot wait until I get really good at this.

I havent done a temp or rh update in a while but since the cold snap the past few weeks tent conditions are amazing in my opinion 71-74°F/45-53%rh lights on, about 67-70°/52-58%rh lights off.

Had to take some full res photos of the plant and crop em up good to upload. Love the camera on this phone.
received_3367114703615823.jpeg
20221020_193857.jpg
20221020_193020.jpg
20221020_193030.jpg

Plants looking ok. bud sites are starting to expand. More pistils poking out all over.

This is honestly the best hobby. Watching this thing change day by day during flower is exciting. I cannot wait until I get really good at this.

I havent done a temp or rh update in a while but since the cold snap the past few weeks tent conditions are amazing in my opinion 71-74°F/45-53%rh lights on, about 67-70°/52-58%rh lights off.

Had to take some full res photos of the plant and crop em up good to upload. Love the camera on this phone.
View attachment 1529563View attachment 1529564View attachment 1529565View attachment 1529568
The stretch has started :thumbsup:

I'm growing my 1st photo plant right now and damn... what a snail i was underfeeding her because photos want more food i guess by about 400ppm up from an auto plant.

Just wait until you grow autos brother, they grow x2 as fast i swear, each day is a pleasure watching the explosion of growth and you know for sure you get bud after 60-80 days, no doubt, i'm on day 60 or so on my photo plant and she is still vegging because i'm not happy with her size but if she had been an auto i would of had a harvest or be a week away from it now.. i think i won't do a photo again and if i do i'll just 12/12 it from seed to harvest with my autos lol

I'm growing my 1st photo plant right now and damn... what a snail i was underfeeding her because photos want more food i guess by about 400ppm up from an auto plant.

Just wait until you grow autos brother, they grow x2 as fast i swear, each day is a pleasure watching the explosion of growth and you know for sure you get bud after 60-80 days, no doubt, i'm on day 60 or so on my photo plant and she is still vegging because i'm not happy with her size but if she had been an auto i would of had a harvest or be a week away from it now.. i think i won't do a photo again and if i do i'll just 12/12 it from seed to harvest with my autos lol
I found out photos really like food the hard way. I think if I stopped second guessing myself after the first month and went with full feeds my plant would have done better. All stuff I can put to the test next time around. Cuz the next run is all photos too

Depending on the strain and genetics it might just slow down when its ready for the switch, when this ones nodes started to stagger it was like she came to a halt. Started taking about a week for each new node to grow in, which is why I switched to flower in the first place. It just wasnt growing as fast anymore.

Flowering day 12
Got of early today after an 8 day stretch total so thats cool, probably will have the next 4 off too.

Also got new glasses today. After about 3 years it was well overdue.

Girl is looking nice, humidity is a bit high, 58%. Not horrible but it warmed up today so it was something I expected. Took a bunch of pics and finished the defoliation I started at the beginning of flower plus cut out some auxiliary branches that started after flower.
Had my camera res set a little too high even cropped I couldnt get the defoliation pic to upload. But heres some more
20221021_154457.jpg
20221021_154452.jpg
20221021_154448.jpg
20221021_154443.jpg
20221021_154224.jpg

(From top to bottom)
Back
Right side
Front
Left side
Whole plant

Overall she is looking great besides the leaves that are solid yellow but it seems like most of that is contained on the auxiliary branches of the main tops, so hopefully they still produce nice frosty colas. I count 8 so fingers crossed. Also there were 2 pretty fried fan leaves I almost didnt see. So dry they basically fell off as soon as I touched them. Everything else is in fair shape.

Last edited:
Depending on the strain and genetics it might just slow down when its ready for the switch, when this ones nodes started to stagger it was like she came to a halt. Started taking about a week for each new node to grow in, which is why I switched to flower in the first place. It just wasnt growing as fast anymore.
Very true, mine is showing a few pistils now but still vegging pretty good so i'll keep vegging until she stops making branches, i want a big plant for my cage test i'm doing.

Very true, mine is showing a few pistils now but still vegging pretty good so i'll keep vegging until she stops making branches, i want a big plant for my cage test i'm doing.
Nice! Thanks for the rep by the way :d5:. I just ordered some beans off multiverse tonight. Couldnt hold back anymore, had to pick up some barneys farm stuff. Ive been looking at their stuff since my interest in growing started peaking. Almost went with a couple auto 3 packs but I decided to go with photos again.

Nice! Thanks for the rep by the way :d5:. I just ordered some beans off multiverse tonight. Couldnt hold back anymore, had to pick up some barneys farm stuff. Ive been looking at their stuff since my interest in growing started peaking. Almost went with a couple auto 3 packs but I decided to go with photos again.
Very nice, you will get around to autos sooner or later. What photo strain did you get?

Back