New Grower First grow, humbolt caramel cream (8-3-22)

I've only done a couple of photos, but it sounds like you are worrying too much. She'll be fine. They do sell some lights now that ramp up and down gradually to simulate natural light cycles. I suspect it's a gimmick and doesn't make a difference. I'll look forward to input from the photo growers.
:yeahthat: From what I remember bugbee says plants are ready to go and get full light the second they turn on and the ramp up and down isn't needed.

I don't grow photos so this may not translate but I would say you're fine. Plants will adapt to your tent cycle. Light leaks would really be my only concern, you should be fine!

I've only done a couple of photos, but it sounds like you are worrying too much. She'll be fine. They do sell some lights now that ramp up and down gradually to simulate natural light cycles. I suspect it's a gimmick and doesn't make a difference. I'll look forward to input from the photo growers.
My light and controller can do that but im not. Its also a pain in the ass to set up. But alright ill just do it and see what happens.

:yeahthat: From what I remember bugbee says plants are ready to go and get full light the second they turn on and the ramp up and down isn't needed.

I don't grow photos so this may not translate but I would say you're fine. Plants will adapt to your tent cycle. Light leaks would really be my only concern, you should be fine!
Im not really worried there, im in the basement and the only passive vent i have open is facing a wall. Not much light gets in down there anyway.

Update week 10
Got a few pics and did a little defoliating today dispite what I said about trying to leave her be. Also pot was pretty dry already this morning so I went ahead and gave her a full feeding with ff's flowering schedule @ only a half gallon. Took a sec to percolate down into the soil which worrys me a bit but the pot is one massive root ball anyway.

20221009_092806.jpg

This ones from before I did anything to her. Most ove the leaves have opened back up but im still fighting the yellowing, basically everything has yellow on it now which is why I decided to go full feed today.
20221009_094930.jpg

20221009_094936.jpg

Snapped a couple with the light in the tent off to give a better picture of the color situation. The light really seems to wash all the green out of photos

These 2 are also after the defoliation not much of a noticeable difference but I cut away a bunch of growth from the bottom that was dead and shriveled or near dead to make it easier to get my watering spout in...this plant is so squat and bushy it was a pain moving everything out of the way just to get water in the freaking pot. Also took about 30% of the growth that will not produce anything of value, ie anything branching out from the main branches that was elongated heavily and had stems thinner than a toothpick. Most of this had leaves smaller than a quarter and none of it was ever getting to the canopy.

Cant wait till she starts showing.

Coming up with plans for the next run too. Gonna be doing another caramel cream to see if the expiriences are the same growing it differently and a nutter butter and one of my freebies the black d.o.g. from digital genetics.

I can't wait to see how she flowers. A little stress in her youth might make her put extra dankness in the buds. Resin is allegedly a defense.
But too much could make her hermie too which isnt horrible, more seeds lmao. But extra dankness would be nice. One thing I can say is it seems to hang on no matter how bad you f up so thats nice. Good thing I got 13 more beans to perfect this one.

Last edited:
So I was checking out my tent last night and I couldnt get a good pic but I think I saw some preflowers forming on a bunch of nodes on the plant. Visible but really tiny, Ill see if I can get a pic when I get off work today. Day 3 of flower. Starting to get amped up

Continued week 10 (flowering day 4)
Here is the only decent pic I could get, just waiting for the pistils to start poking out. Otherwise shes great. Drank the gallon of water I gave her yesterday. Feeding again tomorrow full dose again
20221011_193130.jpg

And the whole plant
20221011_193344.jpg

Oh and she starting to smell, not exactly like skunk or anything there is just a definite odor when the tent door is open.

Last edited:
i want to test those but they were sold out when i had extra $$$

Try them if you want :thumbsup: i'll watch

I’m using em now for my first grow, you can check out my first grow in this forum and see if I run into any issues. No complaints so far and made my grow waaaaay less maintenance than hand watering multiple times a day to run off in coco.

The thing is…you can test em out without purchasing them if you have a gridded pot riser and a saucer and fabric pot. When I asked the ac infinity for replacement wicks they said they were identical to any generic 1/5 inch capillary wick on Amazon. I made my own diy version with this wick but 1/4 inch thick.
29E79765-378F-4607-984E-CD1739ADDEEC.png

Currently my Top Gun by Atlas Seeds is on top of my DIY version of the ac infinity pot under 3 of the 1/4 inch wicks and it’s working just as well as the ac infinity ones!

this is my first ever grow so I am sure others can get much better results than I am with this simple system.

Back