New Grower First ever grow: RQS AK-47, Northen Lights, Dwarf under 300W LED

Reaction score
Hello all,

This is my very first grow, so I have no experience with growing cannabis, not even through a friend. In fact I haven't even seen a real cannabis plant in my life! I recently got some extra space (an extra empty apartment) and since weed is hard to get here I though I'd give it a try. As you can undestand I have no idea what I am doing so I though I'd start a journal in order to get any help I can get. So please, just say your thoughts and advice, no matter how obvious you think it may be.

Some details:

Seeds: Royal Queen Seeds, 1x AK-47, 2x Northern Light, 1x Dwarf all Automatics

Medium: Soil, Compo Sana Generic, contains Black Peat, Perlite, NPK at N 300mg/l, P 360mg/l, K 420ml/l

Pots: 3 x 10L for the "regular" plants, 1x 5.5L for the Dwarf

Lights: 1x300W LED bought from eBay. (this one). Lights are atm about 65cm away, 18/6 schedule.

Area: 100m wide old closet, freshly painted white. Only half of it is used at width since the right size contains drawers. Closet doors

Accessories: 20cm oscillating fan on the inside, thermometer/hydrometer, still waiting on 4 pH meters

My grow area:

closet.jpg

Journal

I planted 2 seeds (1 AK and 1 NL) directly underneath 5mm of soil and used the wet towel method for the other 2. Both of them grew roots after about 12 hours so I planted them too, and 2 days later all of them had broken the surface.

Order in all days is AK-47 - Northern Light - Northern Light - Dwarf

Day 3

Pot 1.jpgPot 2.jpgPot 3.jpgPot 4.jpg

Day 5

Day 7

Day 10 (I managed to find white balance in the camera!)

As you can see the 3 of them seem to be growing nicely, however the Dwarf shows some kind of problem with slower growth and yellowish leaves. Until Day 10 it was about 20cm lower than the other plants (smaller pot), so it could be the light, so I added some extra height. Or maybe that strain doesn't like that soil that much. At the moment I am running 18/6 and watering every 3 days.

Thanks!

Welcome....looks like a good set up ya got going for a complete novice. I'm def gonna sub up for your grow as I am currently in the midst of a ak 47 grow myself. Lots of luck to ya..there are a ton of great peepz here who are always willing to help!
Cheers

Thanks man. I forgot to add the humidity is at 60-70% (good for seedlings from what I read) but temperatures can rise up to 30C (usually around 27-28C). Maybe that's why I am having a couple of leaves (first 2 pics of day 10) a bit folded.

Hi ramones and welcome to AFN you've come the the right place for all things auto plus good vibes , knowledge and help.
Nice clean set up & nice to see you using LED, just wondering if your using a carbon filter and fan for air exchange/extraction?
Goood to see a few more NL's got a few on the go myself.
If not they are highly recommended, exchanging the air in your room will help give your plants more CO2 and will also provide fresh air around your buds helping preventing bud rot.
Nice set of pics :) keep em coming always nice to see well documeted grows.
Why not pop by the introductions section of the forums it's a great way for other members to say hi and get to know you a little better, we're are very friendly bunch.
Have a good grow

Don't get too excited and over water.
How close is the light to the plants?

And welcome!

Thank you! I think I will manage the watering schedule, I've read everywhere that it is the most common rookie mistake, so I water until I have some water run off, then wait for 3 days and check the soil again. I will get a pH/moisture meter soon so it will help.

The lights are about 65cm away right now.

Looking nice man! I'm subbed in for this one, got my first auto grow going at the moment too.
:karma Cloud:
peace!

I like how you say you haven't seen a plant in your life. I was the same and to see it break ground is awesome. Best of luck. And go EASY with nutes. That is every new growers big mistake. Watch for heat and humidity combos (bad combos e.g. high heat low RH) or you can get fox tailing which sucks and a host of other problems. Go Go Go!

:Gary:Welcome mate! I'm having a look at your troubled girl over at the LHT,...

OK it's been a while so I have an update for Day 15! As usual order is AK - NL - NL - Dwarf

Sadly it seems like the Dwarf will not make it and I will start a new one in some other soil, my AK shows signs of overwatering from what I believe is soil not drying up quickly enough. I'm holding my breath as this week seems to be an important one.

Back