New Grower First ever grow: RQS AK-47, Northen Lights, Dwarf under 300W LED

Hey bro, the last one doesn't look great but the other 3 look fine bro. I'd actually say you have no burn and are they looking hungry? The first one looks like it could have the startings of Mg def, but thats strange so early on. Do you have any nutes available? I would highly recommend some epsom salts/molasses or a cal/mag solution, esp with LED. Try letting th pots dry out a little more, when you think they are ready for water, wait another day.

I hope that helps you out bro and if you are really stuck head over to the live AFN help thread where the team can get you straightened out.

From what I see there not that bad.Just don't over water and hold back on nutes for awhile until you get another two or three new sets of leaves.

I have a feeling the soil might be too "hot" with nutes. My first round suffered a few deaths that looked just like that 4th one. It was the Miracle Gro regular soil :( comes preloaded with wayyy to much chems and caused burns and lockups. It looked like that, and looked kinda like magnesium deficiency.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies and all the help, really appreciated. I am also starting to believe that soil was the wrong choice. It may play well with regular strains, that get 2 meters tall and take 4 months to be ready, but especially for the smaller autoflowers it seems like an overkill. Hopefully, the 2 Northern Lights will make it, and I am still fighting with the AK-47. I also had some light stress, so I moved the LED at about 15cm higher.

Update for Day 21: (order is AK, NL, NL)

Pot 1.jpgPot 2.jpgPot 3.jpg

You can see the light stress a at a close up here:

IMG_3456.jpgIMG_3455.jpg

Right now the plan is to feed them with some Cal-Mag and Iron, plus a small amount of BioBizz Alg-a-mic and see what happens next week. I've also planted two Female Seeds' Auto Speed seeds at 2 cups which I hope to plant to a more neutral soil after germination. With any luck, they should be all ready at the same time.

PLEASE offer any suggestions you may have! :Hookah:

OK so quick update.

I managed to kill one of the Northern Lights: https://www.autoflower.org/f90/about-kill-plant-ph-ffluctuation-please-help-36954.html
This pH down is pretty strong stuff, just 40ml added in 1.5L of water, watered my soil and 24 hours later the plant was ready to die. Two more days and everything was dry and dead. Leason learned.

My Royal Dwarf has trouble adjusting to the soil. I transplanted to a 500ml cup and it know GROWS, and pretty fast, even though it's already root bound. However it is so small I doubt it deserves place in my small grow area, I've decided to turn leave it there and feed it once a day, few mLs with heavy nutes dosage. Details here: https://www.autoflower.org/f90/stunned-auto-flower-worth-36968.html

I've also started a Female Seeds Auto Speed and I will start some other strain as I was gifted an Aeros DWC system yesterday, but these belong to another grow journal.

So all that's left is the AK47, which hopefull seems to have overcome a "stunned" phase and has started growing, and the second Northern Lights which grows like a beast and has made a nice weed bush.

These are today's photos, marking day 28 since this grow started. AK first, NL second:

Pot 1 -b.jpgPot 3.jpg

OK so quick update.

I managed to kill one of the Northern Lights: https://www.autoflower.org/f90/about-kill-plant-ph-ffluctuation-please-help-36954.html
This pH down is pretty strong stuff, just 40ml added in 1.5L of water, watered my soil and 24 hours later the plant was ready to die. Two more days and everything was dry and dead. Leason learned.

My Royal Dwarf has trouble adjusting to the soil. I transplanted to a 500ml cup and it know GROWS, and pretty fast, even though it's already root bound. However it is so small I doubt it deserves place in my small grow area, I've decided to turn leave it there and feed it once a day, few mLs with heavy nutes dosage. Details here: https://www.autoflower.org/f90/stunned-auto-flower-worth-36968.html

I've also started a Female Seeds Auto Speed and I will start some other strain as I was gifted an Aeros DWC system yesterday, but these belong to another grow journal.

So all that's left is the AK47, which hopefull seems to have overcome a "stunned" phase and has started growing, and the second Northern Lights which grows like a beast and has made a nice weed bush.

These are today's photos, marking day 28 since this grow started. AK first, NL second:

View attachment 387234View attachment 387235
Lol if it's the 81% phosphoric acid strength pH down then all you need is a single drop for 1.5 litres of water usually. That's how much it takes for my 1.5 litres of water that's usually a 7.1 to start off with. Unlucky though.

Trying to get the picture. I'm not getting:
The soil, never heard of it. You bought the seeds from them, they recommend the soil, then tell you it may not work with every strain? A good medium should be good across the board. Find a new seed bank?

Your LED. What's the brand? I don't see one listed. Just says from China. How high above the plants is it? How many plants you have under it? I see you listing a bunch of strains.

Ventilation. Any in this closet?

Last edited:
OK so quick update.

View attachment 387234View attachment 387235

Hey Ramone

Your survivors look good. Thought I'd tag along. Being a newb myself, I can offer nothing but moral support. Curious about your AK-47 and how big it gets. Have some auto AK beans and trying to decide how many I have room for in my 2'x3' cabinet. Good luck bro!

To answer some questions:

Trying to get the picture. I'm not getting:
The soil, never heard of it. You bought the seeds from them, they recommend the soil, then tell you it may not work with every strain? A good medium should be good across the board. Find a new seed bank?

The seed bank is Royal Queen Seeds. Generally they suggest not using nutes, but instead get a good soil: http://www.royalqueenseeds.com/blog-why-you-should-not-use-grow-boosters-or-extra-nutrients-n94

When I messaged them with the ingredients of 3-4 different soils that I had access too, they suggested the one I bought. To clarify: They didn't know what seeds I was going to order, I wasn't sure yet. It is also suggested here: http://www.mandalaseeds.com/Guides/Soil-Guide#Recommended brands (First one, Compo Sana).

That's why my guess is that the soil is too hot for the vulnerable auto strains, but could be OK for regular cannabis plants. Knowing what I do now, I'd probably just order some better soil, like BioBizz Light Mix.

Your LED. What's the brand? I don't see one listed. Just says from China. How high above the plants is it? How many plants you have under it? I see you listing a bunch of strains.

It is a generic China LED, looks exactly like the ones sold as "Vipar" LED, so my guess is that it's the same. I adjust the height according to advice by Tang (a member here) to be 60-65cm for seedling, 45-60 for veg stage. I started with 4 plants, right now I have 2 left, the Dwarf survived but it's extra small, and another one starting from seed (10 days old now).

Ventilation. Any in this closet?

I have a fan inside the closet and another one outside, the closet doors are not closed completely, so it should be enough.

Last edited:
Back