Grow Mediums First DWC - Mephisto and Dutch Passion

They are looking aloot better! The HS still seem to be struggling a bit to get back at it though.

How long would you guys say it takes to see recovery?

Pretty much instantly bro that's one of the benefits of hydro ;) but if shes ok now just try to limit times you pull her up out the bucket, still check on her but just not to frequently give her some dark res time to think about things and get her shit together ;)

New growth still clawing. They grow 3cm in 24h now. Also I think I'm spotting tiny bit of burn on the leafs very very tips. They should be ready for feeding now no? Even at 300ppm.

Aside from the clawing they look 10x better now thanks to you guys :D
1hX58Xx.jpg

CmE1zou.jpg

New growth still clawing. They grow 3cm in 24h now. Also I think I'm spotting tiny bit of burn on the leafs very very tips. They should be ready for feeding now no? Even at 300ppm.

Aside from the clawing they look 10x better now thanks to you guys :D
1hX58Xx.jpg

CmE1zou.jpg

that clawing looks like a slight bit of N tox but hey if they are growin in inch a day that is what we are talkin about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The extra air helps doesn't it lol

that clawing looks like a slight bit of N tox but hey if they are growin in inch a day that is what we are talkin about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The extra air helps doesn't it lol
Yup to right. and no purpling stems nothing eles your looking good.

but now what you need to do now also is keep watching the ppms ,watch what shes doing the 300 was just a baseline to go from. now you need to figure out exactly what shes wanting.
my guess is at the moment shes drinking mostly water using up mobile elements and so on in her already but in a couple of days (3days is always a good number for re-uptake) she will start eating again and you need to see if shes just wanting water that would mean its to hot you can adjust to that slightly with top ups of ph water and in a normal run you might wait until res changes to like perfect it again..see what i mean kinda?

Just to elaborate on that if shes just drinking water,
ppms will go up instead of down , Ph may also stick or start to go down because the ec of the nutes will always be more acidic than the water.If shes taking all the water and leaving the nutes ph drops.
If ppms are dropping slowly thats ok shes fine no rush top up with some water at top up time.
If ppms are dropping fast but not to fast ph is rising slowly -this is exactly what you want.
if ppms are going majorly fast and ph is swinging up hardcore ,you have no buffers she wants more nutes. top up with some nutes.

Just to elaborate on that if shes just drinking water,
ppms will go up instead of down , Ph may also stick or start to go down because the ec of the nutes will always be more acidic than the water.If shes taking all the water and leaving the nutes ph drops.
If ppms are dropping slowly thats ok shes fine no rush top up with some water at top up time.
If ppms are dropping fast but not to fast ph is rising slowly -this is exactly what you want.
if ppms are going majorly fast and ph is swinging up hardcore ,you have no buffers she wants more nutes. top up with some nutes.

Cheers man, gona print that out and put next to my schedule in the grow room! :D

Lmao ..not a bad idea ;). There is a bit more to it than that, but if it ever does something thats Not in that list contact support immediately on:1800grababong then come to Afn and get help lol hahaha

Ok checked up on pH and ppm just now

SODK
Down to 150ppm and pH up to 6.4

HS
Down to 240ppm and pH down to 5.7

The SODK still clawing though but she still wants more food? :nono:

SODK did 3.5cm and HS 3cm since last measuring 24h ago so I guess they growing fine. Lol.

SODK roots are looking pretty cool I think.
LxgGeny.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like the 300 was pretty close bro ;) that's great the roots look nice too very white and clean again ;) and yeah man the clawing wont actually go away on the SODK can we take another look at her top?, i just want to see if the darkness has abated a bit .. if shes eating well which she appears to be and we know her mix is very light at 300 , check new growth and just keep her nice and modest on the nutes and when you feel comfortable raise the mix a bit as they grow a bit more ect, the'll max out at around 400-450ppm then switch to bloom. ;)

Back