New Grower First autoflower Grow Purple Kush

Looking good in both tents, Wes. I love how different each plant is structure. Incredible how genetics work! Nice job on the early training on the young ones. Did you do the same with the Kushes. It looks like you made them grow more natural.
Thanks. I did leave the first batch untrained with the exception of a few unruly branches. It was my 1st indoor tent grow and wanted to leave them au natural as sort of a benchmark for further experimenting. The juveniles are gonna be heavily trained and trimmed from the start and then I can compare yields, heights, etc.

Very nice grow you got here, I'll sub up!! New grower myself. Just finished in the grow battle 2018 and you should try the sweet seeds dark devil, black cream. I just finished both and have to say there both excellent smoke and a real pleasure to grow. Check out the grow battle thread for my girls. Oh my 1st grow was also purple kush and it didnt change to purple either. :cuss:

Thanks. I did leave the first batch untrained with the exception of a few unruly branches. It was my 1st indoor tent grow and wanted to leave them au natural as sort of a benchmark for further experimenting. The juveniles are gonna be heavily trained and trimmed from the start and then I can compare yields, heights, etc.

Cool idea to set a benchmark. Didn't realize the juvenile plants were purple kushes also. Interested in seeing the results of the experiment. Nice work, Wes!

Your ladies look awesome! And it looks like that stretching stopped not a moment too soon, from the looks of things. Everybody looking happy and healthy.

Great job with the photographs!

I’ve seen @Bigg Al ’s grow battle plant ... it’s magnificent. Sweet’s Black devil cream is on my seed list.

Speaking of grow battles, I think you should maybe think about tossing a plant in sometime in 2019 Wes. I kind of have an idea I might be throwing one in myself ... I could use some company. And that sort of thing eventually leads to free beans...

Just planting the seed!

Are they really looking to be purple kush on the juveniles as well? And possibly even photos? That’s a lot of bad luck for your first indoor “auto” grows. Kind of ironic you, me, and @Pigskinfantasy all got “photoed”.

I’m really looking forward though to seeing you put up that third tent along with some more cobs and Mephisto, Dutch Passion, and/or Sweet. Maybe some hydro in the mix?

Here’s to 2019 mate. :cheers:

Last edited:
@davisgirl thanks again for the kind words. I have been checking out @Bigg Al posts and he’s definitely got some nice plants! His dark devil and black devil creams are right up my alley and on my short list for future grows. Mephisto is gonna be up next if I can get some seeds, their shop will open again Monday. I wanna start them in about 2 weeks. Tent is otw and will probably buy some more autocobs this week. I have exceeded my budget and approaching 2 grand now , so I gotta back off a little lol.

Last edited:
Very nice grow you got here, I'll sub up!! New grower myself. Just finished in the grow battle 2018 and you should try the sweet seeds dark devil, black cream. I just finished both and have to say there both excellent smoke and a real pleasure to grow. Check out the grow battle thread for my girls. Oh my 1st grow was also purple kush and it didnt change to purple either. :cuss:
Thanks for the kind words and welcome aboard! I have been checking out your posts today and you have some fine ladies. Your Dark devil and black devil cream are on my short list for sure. This is my first tent grow so I’m just kinda finding my feet here. So many great growers and friendly folks here, it’s refreshing. Looking forward to following along your grows and documenting some of my own.

@davisgirl thanks again for the kind words. I have been checking out @Bigg Al posts and he’s definitely got some nice plants! His dark devil and black devil creams are right up my alley and on my short list for future grows. Mephisto is gonna be up next if I can get some seeds, their shop will open again tomorrow.I wanna start them in about 2 weeks. Tent is otw and will probably buy some more autocobs this week. I have exceeded my budget and approaching 2 grand now , so I gotta back off a little lol.
Money well spent Wes!

Did I ever tell you my Cash Crop 5.0 Dealzer story? Decided to grow and didn’t have a clue how to start. Just $500 burning a hole in my pocket, and a packet of Growers Choice Gorilla Glue [HASHTAG]#4[/HASHTAG] “autoflowering” seeds.

Then I found Dealzer, and the Cash Crop 5.0! I didn’t have to give any of the components another thought, it had all been planned out by experts. In fact, they even employed veterans to build the cabinet! I can recommend this cabinet to anyone! Look, here’s some pics:

This is the ventilation system, it functions as both an intake AND exhaust, simultaneously, and utilizes a computer fan through a 4” opening:
746EB43A-772F-44CD-9C28-3C7D3AB226C4.jpeg

0E665A40-55DE-4D58-B926-D9A351CF58F0.jpeg

And this is the light:
0DC37837-EE02-406E-8930-80CAF559BD31.jpeg
6FE7109D-221D-48EE-98EB-7D30EFAC4DD0.jpeg

This is GG at 11 days old. It was about this time I began to doubt the effectiveness of the Cash Crop:
266DCB4A-CF56-48C5-B810-064B7B6861BA.jpeg

Here is GG at day 27, 3 days after I rescued her from the Cash Crop and put her in the brand new 3x3:
0B538229-AD0C-43A3-B07A-7A9BFE657EE6.jpeg

And well you know what GG looks like today:
ABAFED67-DA93-4E32-8141-F55C9A304EA8.jpeg

I should probably do a formal review of the Cash Crop. Sorry for hijacking your thread. Had to get it off my chest.

@davisgirl So glad you rescued GG from that pricey prison, aka cash crop 5.0! A “steal” at only $500 and free shipping. Actually is $510 on eBay right now. Probably cost $50 to make. Sorry you and GG had to endure that indignity. That made by veterans thing is a real sore spot for me, I’m a veteran. I hate retailers that use a “made by veterans “ tag to pull on the heartstrings to try to sell a crappy product. But look at you now; producing results of a pro grower! Poor Gorilla Girl would have suffocated in that thing. Kind of how I feel about the seeds thing right now. I just keep telling myself that the first harvest will cover it all, and that makes it better. And GG is a beautiful plant by the way. I would definitely do a review and murder that thing!

I’ve been doing a little research on Seedsupreme. I’m sorry to say that I have no intention of ever germinating my expensive souvenirs now that I’ve looked into things. And it’s not the handwritten little baggies - they probably need to do that what with “stealth” requirements and whatnot. It’s people who received photos not autos, males not feminized, and strains that bore no similarities at maturity to the strains that were ordered. Seeds ordered and never received. And also, they do not offer any type of germination guarantee despite the fact that in many many places, it’s perfectly legal to germinate the seeds.

I have too many reliable seeds to ever consider wasting months on an unknown. Lesson learned. And it was a cheaper lesson than the cash crop.

Yeah the veteran part pissed me off too. But most of all, they could have delivered a product that actually performed and still turned a fair profit. I now have a very expensive cabinet to hold some of my supplies in.

And the fully equipped 3x3, while not top of the line components, was less than $500 and the plants have grown beautifully.

Back