New Grower First autoflower Grow Purple Kush

Wow...my mouth is watering. That’s a beauty. I don’t know if or how well it works but I like it. I took one look at it and the first thing I could think of was “4x8”!!!

You are a soil expert, but the siren song of hydro is calling you! I bet you’d take to it nicely. Why not get your feet wet with a 5 gallon bubble bucket and see what you think? Managing the reservoir is the most intensive thing, at least that’s what I’ve found. The main drawback of a system like that, at least as far as I can see, is that all your plants need to be consuming the same amount of nutrient. And I don’t know what it would involve to grow only say 6 instead of 8 plants and have to shut the other 2 off.

@davisgirl pictures coming tomorrow with my weekly update. The seller of the hydro system ( only $200 including shipping) said I could use it with just 4 units, or even 1 if I wanted to. It’s basically the same price as the 4 unit autopot setup, but is an active hydro system. I like to grow mine 4 of the same variety at a time in the tent for uniformity, so I’m thinking the nutrient uptakes will be similar across the board. But your idea of getting one 5gal dwc as an intro is a sound one, especially for someone like me with no hydro experience. I could use that setup with just 1 pot like the seller says as a trial run. I’m a soil grower so I’m planning on using Advanced Nutrients ph perfect nutrients for my first time as a failsafe lol. Your ladies are looking great and by the time they finish, you should have a heavy yield. I’m hoping for a cpl oz from each of mine, but the extra waiting is killing me. I suffer from a patience deficit. Have a great day And thanks for the input!

That is a great deal Wes. Honestly, I would jump at it.

I’ll be super pleased with a couple ounces per plant too. It’s all I want.

Week 8
Hello and thanks for visiting my grow
2F9C181A-156B-4CA5-B689-578052B40FC8.jpeg

3A7CD474-AF17-451A-966E-93749301548B.jpeg

The ladies seem to have finally finished their stretch of about 12 inches and are starting to form nice bud clusters. As of today they are all about 24 inches tall from soil to tip, and 18 inches square(literally the plants are square) due to the limitations of the tent. The tent is FULL, but I think with 4 autocobs and one 1000w equivalent triple chip LED, there should be adequate lighting for them to finish in this tent. It’s surprising how much light is getting to the bottom.
D14A6216-F6CF-4BF3-B5F8-DC5D3F551407.jpeg

One lady is a full week ahead of the others in flower and starting to look nice and fuzzy. Still no sign of any purple. Given that out of 4 plants there are 3 distinctly different looking plants with no purple and no autoflowering, I’m really beginning to believe I didn’t get what I paid for. That and the 4 new autoflower mystery pack seeds that I started because of it all look like the same plants I’m growing now. Not gonna out or bash the seed company I purchased from, but needless to say I will not shop there again.
1F4AFFBD-D1BD-444B-A935-B93A62FA4795.jpeg

The “babies” are no longer babies, and in one week have gone from childhood to unruly teenagers. They are almost 3 weeks old now and were topped @ 14 days old. Growth is lush and internode spaces are very tight. The branches are still too thick and short to LST and definitely have a heavy Indica “Kush” appearance to them but I’m unsure of the variety. None of the plants got any fertilizer this week, only water.

Week 8
Hello and thanks for visiting my grow
View attachment 978235
View attachment 978236
The ladies seem to have finally finished their stretch of about 12 inches and are starting to form nice bud clusters. As of today they are all about 24 inches tall from soil to tip, and 18 inches square(literally the plants are square) due to the limitations of the tent. The tent is FULL, but I think with 4 autocobs and one 1000w equivalent triple chip LED, there should be adequate lighting for them to finish in this tent. It’s surprising how much light is getting to the bottom.
View attachment 978237
One lady is a full week ahead of the others in flower and starting to look nice and fuzzy. Still no sign of any purple. Given that out of 4 plants there are 3 distinctly different looking plants with no purple and no autoflowering, I’m really beginning to believe I didn’t get what I paid for. That and the 4 new autoflower mystery pack seeds that I started because of it all look like the same plants I’m growing now. Not gonna out or bash the seed company I purchased from, but needless to say I will not shop there again.
View attachment 978238
The “babies” are no longer babies, and in one week have gone from childhood to unruly teenagers. They are almost 3 weeks old now and were topped @ 14 days old. Growth is lush and internode spaces are very tight. The branches are still too thick and short to LST and definitely have a heavy Indica “Kush” appearance to them but I’m unsure of the variety. None of the plants got any fertilizer this week, only water.
Both tents ... stunning!

I really hope your ladies turn out to be what you want. You’ve definitely got a green thumb, both tents are just stunning. Those buds are forming up nicely. Once the stretch is over, about how long do you think they’ll go for?

@davisgirl Thank you for the kind words. I think they will go 5-6 more weeks, give or take. Rules out anything other than a sneak peek sample for New Years. Overall though, even though they are photos not autos, I think they are gonna finish up to be nice plants. No sign of any preflowering or pre flowering traits on the little ones yet either. So if they turn out to not start flowering within two weeks I will probably split up the tents to 2 large and 2 small per tent and photoperiod them all.

AEC301C4-40E1-4C65-8471-A668731400C9.jpeg

The younguns are 21 days old today and got their first training lesson. *sigh* Kids grow up so fast don’t they...
Overall they look very good. Growth is lush and rapid and color is good albeit a little dark. I think this soil might be a lil hot on nitrogen, but it’s an organic mix, they should be ok. They are still only getting plain water, but when they do get nutrients, it’s gonna be a mega crop only grow. Really having a lot of fun with this indoor growing and experimenting, can’t wait to start the next batch in a cpl weeks. Thanks for visiting:biggrin:

View attachment 979577
The younguns are 21 days old today and got their first training lesson. *sigh* Kids grow up so fast don’t they...
Overall they look very good. Growth is lush and rapid and color is good albeit a little dark. I think this soil might be a lil hot on nitrogen, but it’s an organic mix, they should be ok. They are still only getting plain water, but when they do get nutrients, it’s gonna be a mega crop only grow. Really having a lot of fun with this indoor growing and experimenting, can’t wait to start the next batch in a cpl weeks. Thanks for visiting:biggrin:
They do look awesome! Nice job on the training. I’ll be trying the megacrop next grow as well! I’m excited to see what you think of it. I’ve heard you can use the megacrop all by itself. Are you using the other supplements as well?

They do look awesome! Nice job on the training. I’ll be trying the megacrop next grow as well! I’m excited to see what you think of it. I’ve heard you can use the megacrop all by itself. Are you using the other supplements as well?
I’ve read articles of people getting great results using just the MC, but I’m gonna use the Bud explosion also. Was trying to research comparison grows with and without but there is less info than I expected. I was surprised how little I found on YouTube. P and K additives definitely help with flowering, so I’m gonna try it out.

Back