New Grower First auto run of the year!

And then there were 2.5. My dog just ate one of my plants, and half of the other. I'm sure the half eaten one won't make it. So pissed right now.

okay thank you! So should I still give a lite dose of nutes even though they are in fresh soil which has amendments? This can get so confusing lol. Or am I overthinking everything?

Correction, they aren't in soil lol. It's a coco + peat mix
I've never used coco so I wouldn't feel comfortable speaking intelligently on that.

So here's an update, my plants are now on their third week of life after germination. I feel they are on the small side. I have one plant that looks like it could nice, but the other two are strange looking. My dog ate about half the leaves off of one of them, and the other one is growing twisted. Very strange.

I have introduced 1/4 strength nutes, but I think I'm watering too much as there is algae forming in two of the grow bags. I've always heard of people watering coco twice a day, but maybe that's when the plants are bigger and drink more?

Attachments

• All 3.jpg
    All 3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 40
  • Best Looking One.jpg
    Best Looking One.jpg
    854.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Bitten One.jpg
    Bitten One.jpg
    991.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Weird One.jpg
    Weird One.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 41
Looking at the twisty one, it may have a deficiency. Look at it more closely and if the new growth continues to look like that after this feeding, I'd say you're good to give this one more nutes.

Attachments

• D5226C56-303E-4E8D-8FD1-30EEEB4742A8.png
    D5226C56-303E-4E8D-8FD1-30EEEB4742A8.png
    84.4 KB · Views: 35
I've never grown in coco. With that being said, I read where those that do grow in it say to never let it dry out. There is a balancing act to be done between under watering and watering too much in any medium. So if you have algae forming, that sounds a bit on the too wet side to me. With the medium I use, I use a spray bottle to dampen the surface a bit between watering when the plants are small. If it was me, I'd back off on the watering, keep the surface moist, and give them a few days to respond. Maybe up the nutes a bit in a few days after the pots say they need watering again.

Thank you @James Gandalfini and @Kyote. I have already made my next batch of feed and upped the nutrient levels. My water is around 120PPM, and my final feed is around 720, so that should be a good level for now (judging off the nutrient lines recommendations). I am still under, but have always heard for whatever reason Auto's don't require as many nutrients. Not really sure the validity of that claim, but it's everywhere.

Thanks again!

I'm still new to autos but I've heard the same. I'm using FF's full line and I've been told to hold off as far until week 5. Depends on the strain but from what I can tell since they're overall smaller in stature maybe giving them a full dose is like giving a six pack of beer to a guy who's 3 feet tall.

I'm still new to autos but I've heard the same. I'm using FF's full line and I've been told to hold off as far until week 5. Depends on the strain but from what I can tell since they're overall smaller in stature maybe giving them a full dose is like giving a six pack of beer to a guy who's 3 feet tall.
Well I must be doing something halfway right! All 3 plants are bigger today, even the one that was half eaten by my pit bull puppy lol. The twisted one is even more twisted. Not too worried about it, just hoping it corrects itself.

Well I must be doing something halfway right! All 3 plants are bigger today, even the one that was half eaten by my pit bull puppy lol. The twisted one is even more twisted. Not too worried about it, just hoping it corrects itself.
lol yeah I've heard the trade off with autos is you get a smaller plant but you get to watch it grow in fast forward. Glad to hear the slightly chewed one is doing better

So for anyone still following along I decided to FIM two of my three plants today. The half eaten plant is showing signs of great growth, so I fimmed her, as well as the really twisted one. I decided to leave the best looking one alone, and will just do some LST on her.

Back