New Grower First auto run of the year!

they're going to be very happy in there new home i maybe would of buried slightly deeper with them being leggy but you can always use a stake if needed to hold them up in the next week or 2

Looks nice to me. I wouldn't worry about the medium crumbling a bit. You can't get all of them in a nice big piece. I've had that happen plenty of times and it never made issues later on
okay good deal. So I've read online that a seedling becomes a vegging plant after 3 true nodes of fan leaves. Is that pretty much the standard? Just trying to figure out when I should lower my light. Currently sitting around 28" from tops of the plants. Since I transplanted in new soil (which is amended) I'm guessing I should hold off on feeding for another few weeks?

they're going to be very happy in there new home i maybe would of buried slightly deeper with them being leggy but you can always use a stake if needed to hold them up in the next week or 2
Ha! I totally meant to do that, but got excited lol. I left some room in the pots, and the medium should settle a bit, so I could always add some more down the road?

Ha! I totally meant to do that, but got excited lol. I left some room in the pots, and the medium should settle a bit, so I could always add some more down the road?
your going to do great its just something to keep in mind for next time

So judging off of my pic posted today, are these still seedlings, or young veg? Just trying to figure out if I'm still just misting them with my spray bottle, or if I'm watering to run off, etc.

The plants are a little bit leggy. I would lower the lights or turn them up.

yes start fertigation now at 50% strength nutrients.

What you need to learn about watering will come with practice. Here are the basic rules: Never let the soil dry out. Soil and or coco can become hydrophobic if allowed to dry. This means it repels water. This in turn will create dry pockets in the soil and roots there will die. If your soil - coco have accidentally dried out use a surfactant to help re-wet it. I like yucca powder. Don't let soil remain soggy by watering too much too often. Root rot, damping off, molds, fungus gnats and other problems start in soggy soil. When you do water water the entire pot. How to learn when to water starts before you plant the seed. Fill your container with fresh soil/coco and weigh it (heft it) this is the lightest weight and consider it a dry pot. Now slowly water until the soil/coco will no longer absorb the water and run-off begins; weigh the pot (heft it) this is the maximum water, the wettest the pot can get. The difference between wettest and driest is the maximum water weight, for ease of explanation lets just say the water weighs 20 pounds. When the pot loses 10 pounds (half of the water weight) it is time to water again. There is an art to watering.

:goodluck:

The plants are a little bit leggy. I would lower the lights or turn them up.

yes start fertigation now at 50% strength nutrients.

What you need to learn about watering will come with practice. Here are the basic rules: Never let the soil dry out. Soil and or coco can become hydrophobic if allowed to dry. This means it repels water. This in turn will create dry pockets in the soil and roots there will die. If your soil - coco have accidentally dried out use a surfactant to help re-wet it. I like yucca powder. Don't let soil remain soggy by watering too much too often. Root rot, damping off, molds, fungus gnats and other problems start in soggy soil. When you do water water the entire pot. How to learn when to water starts before you plant the seed. Fill your container with fresh soil/coco and weigh it (heft it) this is the lightest weight and consider it a dry pot. Now slowly water until the soil/coco will no longer absorb the water and run-off begins; weigh the pot (heft it) this is the maximum water, the wettest the pot can get. The difference between wettest and driest is the maximum water weight, for ease of explanation lets just say the water weighs 20 pounds. When the pot loses 10 pounds (half of the water weight) it is time to water again. There is an art to watering.

:goodluck:
Beautifully said, thank you so much! I will lower the lights right now. Thanks again!

I just lowered my light about 5". So it is sitting about 25 to 26" above canopy

So judging off of my pic posted today, are these still seedlings, or young veg? Just trying to figure out if I'm still just misting them with my spray bottle, or if I'm watering to run off, etc.
I'd say they've moved past seedlings at this point and are ready for a light amount of nutrients. See for they respond and back off to just water if they don't like it quite yet.

I'd say they've moved past seedlings at this point and are ready for a light amount of nutrients. See for they respond and back off to just water if they don't like it quite yet.
okay thank you! So should I still give a lite dose of nutes even though they are in fresh soil which has amendments? This can get so confusing lol. Or am I overthinking everything?

Correction, they aren't in soil lol. It's a coco + peat mix

Back