FD's Guide to Growing Hefty Autos in Small Places.

Ok guys i have been dragging my knuckles on this for too long. This thread will be dedicated to my actual grow technique. I will have everything in here from the way i germ seeds to the way i harvest and everything in between.

ill cover my soil mixes, teas, water adjustments, feeding schedules as well as the recipes for the soil and teas that i use. My goal is to teach how to grow the bud lumps you see in the small pots i use. I feel if you use this you may have the same success that i do when it comes to autos in small places.

Bare with me as i will update this on the regular, but will be locking it to get it all organized.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fd Thanks for the thread.

I did my last grow in hempys , and mixed nutes 1 gallon at a time but used less than half. I had no idea that the air stone I put in stabilized the ph but I felt it needed o2 after sitting for a day or two. Question I can't see the photos of your mesh bottom pots. I can see the results in your jem thread. Could you detail your diy of the pots or repost a photo?

Those FB Blackberry are nute pigs I was feeding over full strength and they suck alot of Mg aswell.

Thanks again Hab Rep+

seems that they are my BB is doing the same thing. Eating and eating just like my last lot has.

Question I can't see the photos of your Mesh bottom pots. I can see the results in your jem thread. Could you detail your diy of the pots or repost a photo?

Control those roots!

Well guys it has been a while since i have been in here with any new tips. Some of you know that i am currently working a few projects and that has taken my time and i hate it that i cant be here more than i am. But none the less the stuff that i keep testing over here is to make the experience of growing autos better for you and to keep it all under one key statement, keep it simple. :thumbs:

Now i have been testing a few of the newer strains by Wiz for times, yields, and for effects. At the same time i am always looking for something new to make the auto produce that much more in its little life span. If you have been growing autos for any time you know that the bigger you get the plant the better the yield is going to be. The first step to this is providing a thriving environment for the roots, if you do that then the plat will yield well.

This next process was to stop the root balling at the base of the plant to en long the veg period of the auto. Currently we think that the auto show sex at the time the roots touch the sides and or the bottom, i think think that there is a massive explosion of root growth at this point. If you think about it the auto shows its preflowers and then the plant goes into overdrive. This is when the roots start to fill the bottom of the pot and i believe that this is when the head starts to form and vertical growth stops and the buds begin to cluster, form and then swell.

On my last grow i had 7 plants, one in which i change something about the pot. what i did was remove the bottom of the pot and replace it with a fine screen. Something small enough to stop the roots but yet let water pass and not cause a clogging issue. what happend was amazing, the mesh bottom stopped the root ball from forming as fast as it usually does allowing the plant long time to grow int he veg stage. This plant was 2x taller and 2x the yield of the other six in the room of the exact same age.

As the roots grew to the mesh and through it, they were "air pruned" and then from the tip back feeder roots will form, stopping the root pooling at the bottom untill the mesh became full of roots. This proves to me that a lot of the autos "timing" has to come from the roots.

I am testing this again in the party cup challenge, i have three cups that have the bottoms removed to see if they will double in size with these changes.
Fingers crossed for another live experiment. :wiz:

so was this like a mesh cloth ? come on bro 2x as large and 2 x the yield . realy looking to plant a few more and been waiting for this info .

Question I can't see the photos of your Mesh bottom pots. I can see the results in your jem thread. Could you detail your diy of the pots or repost a photo?

The old photos are gone, they were part of the old site, and i dont have that data anymore. I dont keep those photos around for specific reasons.

so was this like a mesh cloth ? come on bro 2x as large and 2 x the yield . realy looking to plant a few more and been waiting for this info .

So what i used was either landscaping cloth or simple screen mesh that is used from a window. The yields and sizes were in dixie cups and were monstrous. I have pics somewhere ill have to dig those up because the results were unreal

So those pics of your white Jems in like 1 gallon pots are just regular pots? Sorry for being a bug . i just grow in a very small space.

dsc_0101-jpg.625207

So those pics of your white Jems in like 1 gallon pots are just regular pots? Sorry for being a bug . i just grow in a very small space.

dsc_0101-jpg.625207

These are not my Jems, they are actually DinaFem Bubba Kush. I attempted to control the size of them using the 1 gal pots and you can see that this didnt do much as far as restricting the size of the plant. I honestly had no idea that these gals would get as big as they did in a 1 gal pot. if they were in something bigger i would have had issues with them. The WJ runs relative to her pot size. I have seem them small and i have seen them larger depending on what they are grown in.

Back