FD's Guide to Growing Hefty Autos in Small Places.

Ok guys i have been dragging my knuckles on this for too long. This thread will be dedicated to my actual grow technique. I will have everything in here from the way i germ seeds to the way i harvest and everything in between.

ill cover my soil mixes, teas, water adjustments, feeding schedules as well as the recipes for the soil and teas that i use. My goal is to teach how to grow the bud lumps you see in the small pots i use. I feel if you use this you may have the same success that i do when it comes to autos in small places.

Bare with me as i will update this on the regular, but will be locking it to get it all organized.

Last edited by a moderator:
although that will work to an extent, seems just to messy and time consuming. IMO, anyone serious about using CO2 to increase harvest weight should make the investment in a regulator, tank and monitor. Saving by using mushroom bags etc, is really a waste, you'll spent as much on that stuff as you would filling a CO2 tank.
Funny, people don't want to spend $200-300 for a good CO2 setup but they'll spend the same amount on bullshit bottled nutrients. Ya know why they call that stuff ChaChing don't you? That's the sound of the nute maker cash piling up......

also, a fair point would be, if you use some soda yeast mix etc to produce some extra CO2, if you have room, or space, place the bottle somewhere higher up if you just use "overflow" from that jar/bottle as CO2 gathers on floor level.. so leaving t on floorlevel wont do as much good.. only case would be if you have an airtight setup, and the air vent "sucks" the CO2 from floorlevel though your plant to top vent.. or you could just use a plastic pipe/tube from the bottle and place its end on top of your plant.. so the CO2 will "pour" on top of it and she can enjoy it to the fullest.. ;)

anyone growing to sell might invest such amounts, for private "not so frequent" pot needs, its a viable "up" to your bud production.. and no time consuming.. it will just bubble away on its own.. ;)
P.S never use any nutrients.. just make good soil with natural compost etc..

I agree, if your needs are modest, not worth the investment.

anyone growing to sell might invest such amounts, for private "not so frequent" pot needs, its a viable "up" to your bud production.. and no time consuming.. it will just bubble away on its own.. ;)
P.S never use any nutrients.. just make good soil with natural compost etc..

Now lets see some hefty autos!!! lol

:drool:

Hey, question for FD or anyone else who may have the answer...

I read through all of this post and may have just missed the answer to my question.

I'm starting to bubble my water and wondered, following your PH revelation, do you continue to ph your water down to 5.3 or whatever it was as you had been accidentally before? What PH should the bubbled water be fed in soil?

Thanks a lot! Great post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What PH should the bubbled water be fed in soil?
i like this idea,im a dwc guy myself n sounds like a great idea.big pumps r what makes my world go round.ha

Hey, question for FD or anyone else who may have the answer...

I read through all of this post and may have just missed the answer to my question.

I'm starting to bubble my water and wondered, following your PH revelation, do you continue to ph your water down to 5.3 or whatever it was as you had been accidentally before? What PH should the bubbled water be fed in soil?

Thanks a lot! Great post!

I bubbled mine the last go too, amazing results! I phed the water to my desired ph before bubbling as the added o2 will raise the ph, but as the o2 will be taken up or just "leave" the water again the ph will come down again. So I ph'ed my water to around 6.5 and had a ph of 7ish once the water was airated for over 24h. So "perfect" ph range, for me:) I once let it sit in order to check if the ph would go down again and it did, it's plain simple chemistry and the end of the day :)

So my 2p would be don't adjust ph after adding the airpump as it will only be a guess where the ph of the water will be at once added to your grow, hydro or soil.

Ps my go was a soil one, so I cant speak for hydro.

Cool man thanks for your reply. I've been Ph'ing after bubbling. Not sure what is technically best, and with such a little margin I would imagine the soil will buffer it anyway. My current plants look to be doing really well, but I've changed too many variables with this grow to know for sure how well it's doing. I've got a new HPS lamp, started in 4" rockwool cubes to air prune the seedlings, and then bubbled the water. But they're both entering week 8 and still stretching so they're doing well.

Any other people with their thoughts on this? When FD first posted he mentioned the ph being much lower than he thought, so I was wondering if that turned out to be an important element of his success.

for those talking about carbonated water.....

plants dont absorb co2 in roots, its a part of photosynthesis..leaves. Adding carbonated water just fucks up soils and how organic nutes interact. any success in producing is more the fact its 'weed:...itll grow pretty much regardless.

You have to be so dialed in for your plants to utilize co2 or say hmm my co2 is holding back my grow. If you're not in hydro like nft, dwc. Have perfect VPD, optimal par. Save your money and by seed or feed.

Back