Fast Buds FastBuds - Green Crack, West Coast OG & Gorilla Glue - MarsHydro ll 400

I think you may be underestimating the light penetration of that Mars Hydro II.
I think u might be right!! i wont complain about that lol... though i still wana get a cob done at some point... gonna upgrade full setup in next 6 months

If I could afford it I would be looking at the DIY ChilLed lights. They are better than cobs!

If I could afford it I would be looking at the DIY ChilLed lights. They are better than cobs!
ok u got my attention!! do you have any info, tutorials and specs? And what do u reckon the cost would be for 400w-600w equiv? Will be getting a 1.2/1.2/2m tent basically 4x the size of my current and taller

so i had a look, seems to be a pretty decent light but for just a little more i prefer the Migro LED which appears to have an even wider spectrum

Wider spectrum does not equate to better efficiency. Growmau5 has some YouTube videos about this light. Check'em out. Wish I had the money.

Wider spectrum does not equate to better efficiency. Growmau5 has some YouTube videos about this light. Check'em out. Wish I had the money.

Ohhhh i love this guy.... watched his diy cob vids previously and have considered a build based on his work. Dont know if I can be bothered so might just spend a few extra and get something properly made with warranty

also what u think of the cobshop.net found it on afn

I am not familiar with cobshop.

You can build a pretty good DIY 9 COB 450W light for ~$350

10 x CLU048-1212C4-353H6K2 COBS ~ $80 use 9 of them.

9 x Ideal 50-2204ct cob holder $18

MeanWell HLG-480-C1400B driver. $150 plus shipping. Dimmable

9 x ARCTIC Alpine 64 GT Rev. 2 CPU Cooler $80

Misc frame and wire etc. $25

12 volt AC/DC transformer to drive the cooling fans $3 you probably have one around the house already.

Check out the youtube videos by Growmau5 on how to build it yourself.

I am not familiar with cobshop.

You can build a pretty good DIY 9 COB 450W light for ~$350

10 x CLU048-1212C4-353H6K2 COBS ~ $80 use 9 of them.

9 x Ideal 50-2204ct cob holder $18

MeanWell HLG-480-C1400B driver. $150 plus shipping. Dimmable

9 x ARCTIC Alpine 64 GT Rev. 2 CPU Cooler $80

Misc frame and wire etc. $25

12 volt AC/DC transformer to drive the cooling fans $3 you probably have one around the house already.

Check out the youtube videos by Growmau5 on how to build it yourself.

did you get that from growmau5? i saw his updated intro to cobs already explaining watts, amps etc and how they must work together in addition to the different drivers compared to the coloured water and have already decided that i prefer more cobs with a more diluted power and better efficiency.... What about heat sinks?

Now heres the tricky part... Why wouldn't I just spend 200% as much and get a decent 450w cob led from one of the big players

Jam:

That DIY is just an example of what can be done on the cheap. These are the components I used for the first half of my lights. Then I used passive heat sinks on the second half. I think I like the cpu coolers better but they require a power source and a thermal safety switch on each cob.

I have more time than money so I DIY. If it were the other way around I would buy CoolLed commercial fixtures, duct the heat out and be able to run CO2 all year long.

Back